at least Gus is better than Orton | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

at least Gus is better than Orton

I would rather have Orton...

Hell i would be happy with any of the QBs in San Fran or Doug Johnson who doesnt even have a job right now.

Orton has been better than Gus since he stepped onto Purdues campus. He was a very good college Qb and is doing well after being thrown to the wolves in his rookie year. Purdues offense does not translate well into the Pro's. It took DrewBrees a few years to turn it around. Orton has the same kind of potential. Better arm and better accuracy then Brees did in college. Right now I would rather have Orton over Gus.

GRAPEAPE said:
Orton has been better than Gus since he stepped onto Purdues campus. He was a very good college Qb and is doing well after being thrown to the wolves in his rookie year. Purdues offense does not translate well into the Pro's. It took DrewBrees a few years to turn it around. Orton has the same kind of potential. Better arm and better accuracy then Brees did in college. Right now I would rather have Orton over Gus.

of course being from Indiana you wouldnt be prejudice woulda ya? ;)

Some of you obviously haven't seen much of Orton this year or in the 2nd half of his senior year. You think Gus is inaccurate? In one play against the Saints yesterday Orton threw the ball 2 feet above the outstretched arms of a leaping 6'4'' WR... right into the hands of the Saints secondary. When asked to throw the ball more than 15 yards down the field Orton's absolutely terrible.

If we had Orton right now and considered him our future then we'd be doomed for several years. At least with Gus we know the pain is only temporary (at most 8 more games).

General Tso said:
You think Gus is inaccurate? In one play against the Saints yesterday Orton threw the ball 2 feet above the outstretched arms of a leaping 6'4'' WR... right into the hands of the Saints secondary. terrible.

Watched the whole game yesterday. Most of Ortons problem is that he came into the season the 3rd Qb. And was asked to be that starter after week 3. Most of the overthrows and bad passes were mis communication, and experience. Did you hear the announcers talking about Joe Horn and Brooks, how brooks can read Horns body language and know if he's going inside/outside? Orton doesn't have that with any of his recievers and neither does Gus. It takes time and reps to get comfortable with your recievers and the offense.

GRAPEAPE said:

Orton had/has better accuracy than Brees? That's hilarious. I suppose the next thing you'll say is he's a better athlete than Vick too.

GRAPEAPE said:
Watched the whole game yesterday. Most of Ortons problem is that he came into the season the 3rd Qb. And was asked to be that starter after week 3. Most of the overthrows and bad passes were mis communication, and experience. Did you hear the announcers talking about Joe Horn and Brooks, how brooks can read Horns body language and know if he's going inside/outside? Orton doesn't have that with any of his recievers and neither does Gus. It takes time and reps to get comfortable with your recievers and the offense.

The INT I'm referring to was NOT a miscommunication, it was a typical terribly inaccurate pass from Orton. When asked to throw the ball down the field he simply cannot do it (well... he can... just not to the right spot or to the right team)

Uh Kyle Orton is the LAST QB in the league in QB Rating.. You guys need to get off his bandwagon

If Chicagos defense wasnt so good they would be a 2 win team most likely, its not because of Orton that they are 5-3

Also, you have no proof that he is going to just get better and better.. but then again, its kinda hard to NOT improve from a 62.9 rating

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I look at Wins and losses, not ratings. Vick was rated lower then Gus before yesterday, who would you rather have?

Marino, Elway, Farve....

Simply put Orton will be better than Gus over their carrers in my opinion. And right now I would rather have a young qb starting, who has potential, than a career backup who's best days are long behind him. At this point any step toward the puture of the Phins would be a good thing. That does not mean i think we should trade a first round pick to the Bears. I would just rather be working toward the future as opposed to filling a gap.

You shouldn't judge any rookie QB their first season.....Both Mannings didn't play well their first season's.

Orton led his team to the game winning field goal yesterday. In fact, there's even talk that even after Grossman comes back, Orton will still be the starter. Orton puts his team in a better position that Gus ever did for us, therefore, I strongly disagree. Frerotte can't hold a torch to Orton. Rookie or not.

the simple fact that we are arguing over the comparison of Gus vs. Kyle is statement enough about our current QB situation.

tmny99 said:
Orton led his team to the game winning field goal yesterday. In fact, there's even talk that even after Grossman comes back, Orton will still be the starter. Orton puts his team in a better position that Gus ever did for us, therefore, I strongly disagree. Frerotte can't hold a torch to Orton. Rookie or not.

I guess 12 for 26, 137 yards, 1 4 yard TD, and 2 INTs is putting your team in a position to win?

In that case, Gus hasn't been playing as poorly as I thought.

Some of you are missing the point. You could argue Orton would be better to have than Gus because they're both immobile, bad decision makers and terribly inaccurate, but Orton is at least younger. But I'm much happier with our situation than Chicago's. Our time with Gus is coming to an end, Chicago's suffering with Orton is just beginning.

Back
Top Bottom