at least Gus is better than Orton | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

at least Gus is better than Orton

fishypete said:
You shouldn't judge any rookie QB their first season.....Both Mannings didn't play well their first season's.

I'm judging Orton by his entire inconsistent/mediocre college career, terrible senior bowl, terrible pre-season, and thus far terrible rookie year. When you're immobile you'd better be accurate and a good decision maker... Orton is none of those things and never will be.

AZfinfan said:
Orton makes plays in crutial situation, Gus doesn't

Like the fumble against Wisconsin that led to the demise of Purdue's season last year?

General Tso said:
I'm judging Orton by his entire inconsistent/mediocre college career, terrible senior bowl, terrible pre-season, and thus far terrible rookie year. When you're immobile you'd better be accurate and a good decision maker... Orton is none of those things and never will be.

wow...tell us how u truely feel, dont beat around the bush ;)

Well, we moved up. Last year we had the worst starting QB in the league. Now we have the second worst. Next year we move to the late 20s. LOL If only we could convince SD to start Feeley we could move up one more slot.

Gus sucks

I'll take Orton any day over the Ferrot.

Chicago is 5-3.
Miami 3-5.

Orton is a Rook with considerable upside. In fact, I don't see him losing his starting postion. Came out of Purdue, a pass oriented offense.

Good prospect.

Who is Miami's prospect?

No way that the Bears offense is doing better than Miami's. They have a rookie QB and 2 inferior backs to what we have, with cruddy receivers (outside Muhsin). The ONLY thing better they have is the O-line and ours is playing pretty decent now.

Linehan is not calling enough runs. The Bears run the heck outta the ball and win. Why don't we?

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I look at Wins and losses, not ratings. Vick was rated lower then Gus before yesterday, who would you rather have?

Matt Schaub :tongue:

YoMamma said:
I cant say this is always true either, Feidler had a pretty darn good record but most agree he sucked too.

I've said it many times and nobody sees it but Fiedler is better than Gus without a doubt. I know Gus hasn't thrown the dreaded INT for 6 yet but Jay was light years more accurate in the short to intermediate passing game. He could also make plays with his legs. The fact that Gus wasn't Sacked, Hurried, knocked down or hit yesterday and still couldn't get it down speaks volumes about his ability.

let's hope for either Brady Quiin or Jay Cutler, the best two QBs in the draft in my opinion. (Matt Leinart might be a bust and I am 100% sure that both Quiin and Cutler will be good NFL QBs)

nick1 said:
let's hope for either Brady Quiin or Jay Cutler, the best two QBs in the draft in my opinion. (Matt Leinart might be a bust and I am 100% sure that both Quiin and Cutler will be good NFL QBs)

That's the exact route I'd like to go. A really good college QB we can get in the middle of the first round. I don't want a 100,000,000,000 dollar rookie, like Lienart, a veteran tyrying to rejuvenate their career, like Gus, or a diamond in the rough as we have seen way too many fail here.

Back
Top Bottom