At Least One Team Is Plotting A Run At Jim Harbaugh | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At Least One Team Is Plotting A Run At Jim Harbaugh

Coach_Rob

Club Member
Reaction score
Per a league source, at least one team plans to make a run at Jim Harbaugh after the NFL season ends. Whether he’ll bite remains to be seen, but the team in question is prepared to put the kind of money on the table that will get Harbaugh’s attention.

Chris Simms recently suggested on PFT Live that one team is indeed waiting for a chance to interview Jim Harbaugh. Simms wouldn’t name the team, and I’ve yet to be able to track down the team’s identity. But there’s at least one team that will try to get Jim Harbaugh to come back to the NFL after four years at his alma mater.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...t-one-team-is-plotting-a-run-at-jim-harbaugh/

rumors are its browns and packers, but I would not put it by Ross by doing this. Florio does say his sources are telling him it is Miami and would only be Miami. but supposedly his agent has reached out to the browns and packers. Just watch the vid that's at the link.

I could see Ross going all out without firing gase first, or just plain swinging and missing. I do not think this is going to happen, but thought a lot of you who do want this, would like some type of update.

Last edited:
Idk, I just don't see him leaving Michigan without first finishing what he set out to do there. He turned Ross down before. How much more $$ is Ross willing to offer him?

If he fails to beat Ohio State again without Urban Meyer he is toast.

I’d rather swing for the fences with something like this, than play around the margins by dumping Burke and keeping Gase.

We need someone who has had success in the NFL, and has made mistakes and learned from them. No more on-the-job training. No more basically handing over the franchise to someone like Gase, who had never run anything previously in his life.

They need try get McCarthy first. He would be good coach for dolphins. U cannot be scare get best coach. It seems that dolphins don't want best. Ross is willing do good but It never wk out.

I think this is all wishful thinking and Gase gets another year. sorry to be the bummer guys
I think he will be back but if they go different way . I think Mike McCarthy. Would help turn the dolphins team around

I think this is all wishful thinking and Gase gets another year. sorry to be the bummer guys
You know I would hate it at this point. Getting another year of Gase over Jim would be a huge bullet dodged by this franchise. His Michigan resume is unimpressive. This whole boys club mentality the NFL has used to hire these retreads is why there isn't much parity at the NFL level.

Doubt Harbaugh leaves Michigan now that urban Meyer is gone. He should dominate recruiting now.

I'm not sure about that. Michigan fared well today but Ohio State didn't exactly collapse even with the news that Meyer is retiring again.

I prefer foundation over shifts based on new variables. Ohio is superior recruiting territory than Michigan. The ace recruiters on that Buckeye staff will not be going anywhere.

Besides, the reference point is Alabama and even with Michigan's improvement today it still will lose ground to Saban. So difficult in college to get out of that personnel range where 2-3 losses is logical, to the Alabama dominance where now each season is probably 1 loss or sometimes unbeaten.

Fans still don't understand or acknowledge the recruiting realities in college. They think Michigan is supposed to defeat Ohio State as often as not, and Harbaugh is condemned for failing to do so.

IMO, Harbaugh fits best in the NFL where he's not automatically fighting uphill in terms of manpower. It was one thing at Stanford where 9-3 was appreciated. Now 10-2 is condemned at Michigan.

This is the kind of thing that loses credibility for an organization. You dont interview a head coach while you still have one. It burned us before. I have no problem finding a new coach but at least be respectful and fire Gase and Grier 1st.

This is the kind of thing that loses credibility for an organization. You dont interview a head coach while you still have one. It burned us before. I have no problem finding a new coach but at least be respectful and fire Gase and Grier 1st.
Agreed….that's why I don't think it's the Dolphins...especially with Gase coming back.

Back
Top Bottom