At Least One Team Is Plotting A Run At Jim Harbaugh | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At Least One Team Is Plotting A Run At Jim Harbaugh

I find it a little bit amusing that people want McCarthy as HC. Yes he was good, thats in the past now. He has from all reports alienated Rogers, and Rogers is supposed to be as good as Brady. Well records speak for themselves, and yes, I know its not a one man team, but lets look at this.

Rogers is better than RT
Adams is miles better than any of our WR.
Our RB's cancel each other out because both units are below average.
TE is the same, both units below average.
OLine is better in GB than here.
The GB D Line is better than ours, not by a lot though.
The LB's are better - Matthews and Martinez are quality starters.
The DB's we have a better unit although Josh Jackson is very good.

The Pack have a better squad than Miami, in many areas they are superior, but head coaching has let them down, and they have regressed for the past couple of years. I guess the only way too see what the issue is at GB is if McCarthy gets another gig. And he will, but I dont think it will be at Miami. When he weighs up his options - and I expect them to be Miami, Cleveland, Denver, Titans, I am sure than Denver, Cleveland or Tennessee would be more stable than what Miami can offer.

And Harbaugh. He stays for another year at Michigan. Gase stays for another year, then maybe, a change.

I find it a little bit amusing that people want McCarthy as HC. Yes he was good, thats in the past now. He has from all reports alienated Rogers, and Rogers is supposed to be as good as Brady. Well records speak for themselves, and yes, I know its not a one man team, but lets look at this.

Rogers is better than RT
Adams is miles better than any of our WR.
Our RB's cancel each other out because both units are below average.
TE is the same, both units below average.
OLine is better in GB than here.
The GB D Line is better than ours, not by a lot though.
The LB's are better - Matthews and Martinez are quality starters.
The DB's we have a better unit although Josh Jackson is very good.

The Pack have a better squad than Miami, in many areas they are superior, but head coaching has let them down, and they have regressed for the past couple of years. I guess the only way too see what the issue is at GB is if McCarthy gets another gig. And he will, but I dont think it will be at Miami. When he weighs up his options - and I expect them to be Miami, Cleveland, Denver, Titans, I am sure than Denver, Cleveland or Tennessee would be more stable than what Miami can offer.

And Harbaugh. He stays for another year at Michigan. Gase stays for another year, then maybe, a change.

But, but, . . . an elite QB can carry his team. An elite QB/HC can impose his will on the opposition. How can Gase POSSIBLY have his team better than McCarthy?
My struggle is how can an HC be considered one of the top in the league and then implode as far as GB?

I am just fan. that want win super bowl. there is no right or wrong on here. I just feel Mc Carthy give us best chance of winning than Gase.. plus Mike need new start.
I am just fan. that want win super bowl. there is no right or wrong on here. I just feel Mc Carthy give us best chance of winning than Gase.. plus Mike need new start.

:bang:

I do like that part about winning a Superbowl.

Lets get there by showing some stability in personnel and coaching and take the time to build this team the right way. This means consistently good drafts where 50% of those we draft stay with us for at least 4 years and are better then who they replace. We need to couple drafts with reasonably good FA acquisitions where the FA's come in on one or two year deals and perform well enough to be part of our first string. As the team gets better linearly through player acquisition it will begin to improve its performance at an even faster rate. We will get better play as a team and we will have better depth because we are basically "growing our own".

Keep these thoughts in mind:

1) A defense is fundamentally a reactionary group of players who must be able to think for themselves after a play starts. It needs to be made up of a group of smart guys who are also good at their positions and are reliable in their assignments.
2) An offence's ultimate strength is it's unit cohesion. It is only as strong as its weakest link because that is where defenses will plan their initial attacks.
3) The QB must be an effective player who knows every aspect about every play being called. Physically a QB needs to be big and tough, a good passer with some limited running capability and steady under pressure.

A team has 53 players. If we get ~ 5 good players each draft it would take us ten years to replace everybody. We don't have to wait that long, but it is going to take some time. I feel after 5 years we should have been able to have established:

1) A sound offensive line
2) A defense that can offer one unique strength that not many other teams have
3) A reliable QB that knows the play book and can perform the plays required
4) Three sound depth players on the Offense, three sound depth players on the Defense, and two sound depth players in the offensive backfield.

That's 25 players which will typically take about 5 years. You don't believe me? LOOK AT THE CLEVELAND BROWNS!!!

Do you really think bringing in an older QB with an increasing injury rate as a replacement for Tannehill would be helpful or would it just be a short term salve for being butt hurt and will need to be replaced after a year or two leaving us in even worse shape than we would have been? I would not be surprised if there are a lot of you out there quietly salivating for "Cam Newton".

As time goes past 5 years we should see a competitive team that wins more than it loses and gets into the playoffs more often then not. This is important because you can't win a Superbowl if you were never in a Superbowl. It should be self evident that you do not have any chance to get in the Superbowl if you do not make it to the playoffs.

Of course if you want to tear the team apart and start from the beginning ever 3 years you will always end up in a circle of rebuilding and never gets anywhere. If you don't recognize the general improvement in personnel and attitude that has occurred during the last three years, you are not looking at the growth and probably will be complaining we shouldn't have even made the playoffs the year we walk off with the Lombardi Trophy.

I feel much better now.

Back
Top Bottom