At least we're good for laughs... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At least we're good for laughs...

Not true. Teams build from the inside out

It's all good because Long, Pouncey, and Jerry will be protecting Andrew Luck after we go 0-16 next year.

From your mouth to God's ears......let's suck for Luck!!!!! oh and by the way Cowher will be head coach!

yep. teams usually add lineman when they have adequate skill position players

fins invest high in a guard with no starting quality rb's, qb's, and te's on the roster.

And whats most sad about it is the fact they have been doing it for three years now.

And this is with a HC who is supposed to be an OL master, having had a solid T already in place with Carey, and spending the first overall selection on a stud LT.

Those 3 factors and yet all we seem to do is adjust the OL every year. Were running in sand. Its pathetic.

yep. teams usually add lineman when they have adequate skill position players

fins invest high in a guard with no starting quality rb's, qb's, and te's on the roster.

i thought he was a center and the thing is..they had the 15th pick..and i think they tried to trade down.but noone wanted to trade up or provided enough for miami to trade down. Therefore, you take a need pick with best player available.. miami didnt really have a qb to pick there without reaching quite a bit. yeah they could have gotten running back..but comeon..u can get good rbs in the later rounds. i can see them getting a good running back in the 3rd rd. And i mean do you force a pick if you're a t spot at 15 where its a reachand this is a draft thats kinda weak regarding qbs..and just get other pieces and fill them and improve the team and get a veteran. then next season which should have better qb talent and then draft a qb..where theres better qb talent..instead of forcing it?

Not true. Teams build from the inside out

Sure, and there is nothing wrong with that philosophy. And all of those teams built from the inside out, too. Except eventually they came to the realization that you actually need a good QB to get past mediocrity. The Phins continue to keep "building" from the inside out and have been since I don't know, 2004?

And whats most sad about it is the fact they have been doing it for three years now.

And this is with a HC who is supposed to be an OL master, having had a solid T already in place with Carey, and spending the first overall selection on a stud LT.

Those 3 factors and yet all we seem to do is adjust the OL every year. Were running in sand. Its pathetic.

Correction: We're running in quicksand.

quicksandhand-1.jpg

Here is the BIGGEST issue with picking a C @ 15....outside of the fact that you passed on a QB...

We have made an attempt EVERY YEAR to fix the C position....spent big money on Grove, spent big money on Berger, just gave Incognito a good contract....

If we wern't constantly trying to fix the FO's FA **** ups every draft we might have a QB at the moment.

I honestly never thought we could screw thing up worse than the Ted Ginn pick. I was dead wrong.

So who were we going to draft instead? Typical over reactions on Finheaven.

Ingram or trade down...

Wait what do you mean no one wanted to trade ??? But Pouncey is fantastical and the Patriots and Steelers really really wanted this gem. :rolleyes2:

Ingram or trade down...

Wait what do you mean no one wanted to trade ??? But Pouncey is fantastical and the Patriots and Steelers really really wanted this gem. :rolleyes2:

I wanted to trade down too, but we filled a need with a solid pick. We didn't make a sexy pick so people are upset but we filled a need. The interior part of our line is a huge need.

More cornfed linemen! Can't wait for this season to start, if it ever does.

I wanted to trade down too, but we filled a need with a solid pick. We didn't make a sexy pick so people are upset but we filled a need. The interior part of our line is a huge need.

Need? Yes. Huge need? No.

First off who the **** is he protecting anyways. Second, our o-line struggled last year because of injuries, not necessarily lack of talent.

Need? Yes. Huge need? No.

First off who the **** is he protecting anyways. Second, our o-line struggled last year because of injuries, not necessarily lack of talent.

It is a huge need. We're a running team. It's not Henne's fault Ronnie and Ricky couldn't run the ball. Those players were injury prone who we got as patches to draft young players. Rome wasn't built in a day. I know you wanted Ingram, but whining about it is pointless. It's a solid pick. You don't know what they are going to do in the later rounds or in FA for the QB position.

Back
Top Bottom