At the end of the year: Fire Saban and hire... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At the end of the year: Fire Saban and hire...

DonShula84 said:
If we fired a coach after 2 years good luck getting someone else in here. Why would Weis leave ND where he makes tons of money and is quickly setting himself up to be a legend to take a job that he has 2 years to succeed in or he'll get canned?

We could fire NS tomorrow and when we got ready to hire someone, we would have a plethora of willing and qualified candidates.

Now then, Weis won't leave ND. And he shouldn't. And if we hired ANOTHER college coach after this failed NS experience, we ought to be committed.

There are plenty of coaches with previous HC experience or at least professional experience that I think could do a better job than what we are getting here. I think Fassell in Baltimore might be a good candidate, I think Haslett in STL might be a good candidate, and others as well. The professional and college games are different. Thats why most don't succeed in the transition.

diehardfan said:
what would have happend to troy and emmit and the boys in big d if they would have fired jimmy after the 1-15 season? come on people, get real. if we continue with this type of season, we could get a high enought draft pick that we could trad it for players/picks that we could use to rebuild.

You miss the point. Troy was a rookie in 89 when they went 1-15. If I'm not mistaken, Emmitt didn't get there until 90. Point is, JJ took that team all the way down. The year before they went 1-15, they went 3-13. The year after they went 1-15, they went 7-9. Nick Saban has used the opposite approach of JJ. Saban is closer to Spurrier than he is to Johnson.

JJ never won 9 games in year and then 3 the next. That would be going the wrong direction. Just like we are now.

LoneWulF said:
i dont think id fire saban, but i think this season is his fault. bad coaching, period. daunte shouldve sat week 1-4 no question till healthy. secondary is horrible, we couldve resigned lance schulters. jason allen is worthless. you go for it on 4th and inches from the 30, but not 4th and inches from the 3? saban has to take the blaim

I don't understand. If hes the problem, then why not fire him? Geez. I would love to work for you people. I can totally screw up, accept all the blame for whats wrong and still not fix it.

Popshark86 said:
Saban's college scheme is not working in the NFL. He hires the wrong people and players. He is the next steve spurrier.

We have a winner.

TampaFinsFan01 said:
We could fire NS tomorrow and when we got ready to hire someone, we would have a plethora of willing and qualified candidates.

Yeah right, I'm sure the Raiders said the same thing.

KingCrowder said:
look at lovie smith and the bears.

What about Lovie Smith? I think Lovie won 5 games his first year and 11 his next. I'd say you got Owned. Next.

MiamiMan147 said:
Yeah right, I'm sure the Raiders said the same thing.

Uh, the Raiders have a certifiable senile and mentally ill owner. Everyone in the NFL knows that. The Packers fired Ray Rhodes after one year. Why? Because they made a mistake. They corrected it. Did they have a problem hiring a new coach? Not one bit. WH doesn't have a reputation as a meddling and trigger-happy coach. But he should correct this NS mistake. He should correct it now.

As an FYI: Charlie Weis's contract does have an escape clause from ND. There were a bunch of stipulations in his contract....No man in the right frame of mind would ever sign a 10 year contract.

HOWEVER

With this escape clause, he would have to pay part of the money back to ND that he was promised...

So in conclusion - Charlie Weis can leave college but there would be some financial ramifications with his current and former employer.

FireSaban?I think we need to give a couple more seasons to see what he is capable of accomplishing.

Bring back bad stach!! I vote for round 2 of DAVE WANNSTED!!

Laugh all you want I miss the 10 and 11 win seasons. He only failed when Ricky ran off at the last minute and the team was in shambles. He is far better than this joke of a coach.

Saban is still learning to be a head coach in the NFL, he still has the fire and smarts to lead us to the promissed land, just not this year. Its going to take 3-4 years to undo the horrible mess Wannspiel left us in, last year's 6 game win streak was an abberation, shouldn't have happened and gave us hope we shouldn't have had. I'm just as guilty of extreme homerism as we all were at the start of this season, we were dead wrong! It took JJ 3 years to get into the playoffs, 4th year won the SB, I predict Saban will follow much the same timetable. We should get into the playoffs next year, SB not even possbile for 2 more years for this team.

BigChief said:
Bring back bad stach!! I vote for round 2 of DAVE WANNSTED!!

Laugh all you want I miss the 10 and 11 win seasons. He only failed when Ricky ran off at the last minute and the team was in shambles. He is far better than this joke of a coach.

The only thing that kept my head from imploding at the sheer stupidity of this statement was the thought that this person must be joking.

Sometimes you have to take 900 steps backward to take one forward, right? We're taking them one at a time. When can we go the other way?

In Weiss' new book he even states that he wanted the coaching job in college because he could never face the Patriots. If anything he would go to the nfc, and theres also like a 40 million dollar buyout.

Back
Top Bottom