At what point in the season would you begin to "trust" the Dolphins are for real? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At what point in the season would you begin to "trust" the Dolphins are for real?

It will take a Super Bowl victory to convince me. I have been let down so many times I can't really trust them anymore.

These are some of the heartbreaks I have endured over the years.

1974-Sea of hands game.
1975-late season loss to Colts keeps us out of playoff for 1st time in 6 years and the dynasty is gone.
1977-late season loss to Patriots keeps us out of playoffs at 10-4
1978-Upset in playoffs at home by Oilers
1979-Blown out by Steelers in playoffs.
1981-Epic Chargers OT game where Kellen Winslow steals the show. Our kicker misses game winning FG.
1982-4th an 1 in the Super Bowl and Riggins rips out hearts out.
1983-Curt Warner runs all over us in playoff loss.
1984-Super Bowl but we face best defense in league and get shutdown

I can't continue, This is too depressing. You get the picture.

I will add to that: In 1985, the year the Bears lost just one game, it looked like it would be a rematch in the Super bowl, and we end up losing to the Patriots to miss that chance...would have been great to see if Miami could have not just given those Bears a better game then the Pats did, but maybe have beaten them an unbelievable 2nd time that season.

Clinch a playoff spot. But i feel really good about this season

@Redskins
@Jaguars

Bills
Jets

@Titans
Texans
@Patriots
@Bills
@Eagles
Cowboys

Basically if by this point Miami has 6 to 7 wins I start to feel good, if they have 8 or more I am convinced.

-(Blue= should win, Red= possible problem)
-

@Jets
Ravens

Giants
Chargers
Colts
Patriots

The final 6 games are tough, so Miami needs at least 8 wins in the 1st 10 games to make it easier for themselves to reach the playoffs, Miami should be able to win at least 1 to 2 more games to reach playoffs.

Edit: Personally as I wrote up there, Miami should have 4 automatic wins if they don't blow it, should at the very least split with all 3 other div teams, (I believe Miami will go at least 4-2) for 4 more wins, and should get at least 2-3 extra win of the remaining 8 games to end with 10 to 11 wins.

I like the way you think. Some of those red games will be tough no doubt. Time to see what we've got

Baby steps toward earning trust:
Beat Geno Smith.
Have a large enough lead in the 4th quarter that the referees can't give the Pats a late break and chance to win the game.
Don't dial up passes against the Bills when their only chance to win is a turnover in scoring position.
Spend more time tackling and less time sucking up wind (see: Dolphins @ Broncos, 2014)

After 15 years of mediocrity, it is very difficult to trust the Dolphins, even if they start out hot. So my question is, at what point would you trust they are a real contender this year? Would they need to start out 6-2 for you to really feel like the team is different, or would you always be waiting for the other shoe to drop?

The schedule looks pretty favorable, and I think we could win our first six games (Redskins, Jags, Bills, Jets, Titans, Texans) right up to when we play the Patriots....I am not saying we will be 6-0, but I would expect us to be no worse than 4-2 going into week seven against those cheaters. I never really feel completely "trustworthy" of the Phins, however, as I have been disappointed more often than not the past decade and a half. :rolleyes2:

At what point in the season would you begin to "trust" the Dolphins are for r...

When I see them hoisting the Lombardi Trophy!:err:

Bingo. I won't trust this team until
I see it win a Super Bowl with my own eyes.

A division title, and AFC championship appearance.
This team has underachieved so long that it will be very hard to believe that they can win the games against playoff teams when it matters.
When they start doing that, I will believe.

At what point in the season would you begin to "trust" the Dolphins are for r...

Start the season 6-0.

I'll be terrified if they do that lol. Happy, but terrified. This is what this franchise has done to me.

There is no metric for me. It's just when the team completes games and plays with consistency. That's a mature team ready to move in the playoffs. This has been a young team as of recent, let's see if the put their big boy pants on and finish games.

When we forget to say "typical Dolphins" after a boneheaded play.

Back
Top Bottom