At what point in the season would you begin to "trust" the Dolphins are for real? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At what point in the season would you begin to "trust" the Dolphins are for real?

When we stomp every team we should. And win the games against elite teams. Have a long run through the playoffs and become Super Bowl Champions.

Beating the pats both times.

I would trust this team late IF there is an * next to their name in the standings saying they have clinched a playoff spot OR if there was a coach I trusted running the team.

I DO trust the Dolphins in the longterm because I believe Mike Tannenbaum has created a vision that will end up leading to success. I just cannot get over the stumbling block that is Joe Philbin…and Kevin Coyle.

I'd say if they beat the Ravens on December 6th and have the playoffs in sight. Baltimore has outclassed Miami now for a long time it seems.

We've started 3-0 and gotten burned. We dominated New England and got burned. We've controlled our own destiny in December and got burned. I'll begin to think this team has a chance when we've made the playoffs after finishing the season strong.

I'll be convinced when we beat the Ravens during the regular season and win a playoff game. That can happen if Albert, Wake, Suh, JuWan James and Tannehill stay healthy and the OL and Tannehill stay consistent. Making the playoffs is a step in the right direction, but no one will believe anything if it's the typical one and done. Last playoff wins were Trace Armstrong going off on Seattle and a Lamar not Miller going off on Indy in 2000 and winning despite 3 Fielder's int's.

Its simple. when the O-line plays well consistently. i believe in the rest of the team. its the only part of the team i can't believe we have fixed yet.

I don't know that you'll ever get to that sense 100%. Remember how we felt when we beat the Seahawks with Marino in the playoffs? Next game 62-7 before a large percentage Dolphins fanbase in Jax. Remember shutting out San Diego last year? Beating the Colts in the playoffs with Lamar Miller? Feeling Ricky could do it all?

I think it's about hope. At what point do you feel that the Phins can consistently keep the foot on the gas or come back to win the game. As soon as they go to the Playoffs, the next question is can they go farther. Can they get to the big dance. When they get to the Superbowl it'll be can they win the Superbowl? Imagine somehow they do, the next question is can they recapture lightning in a bottle and do it again? Do they have enough to repeat? Are they really a dynasty, etc etc.

Fun isn't it?

I don't know that you'll ever get to that sense 100%. Remember how we felt when we beat the Seahawks with Marino in the playoffs? Next game 62-7 before a large percentage Dolphins fanbase in Jax. Remember shutting out San Diego last year? Beating the Colts in the playoffs with Lamar Miller? Feeling Ricky could do it all?

I think it's about hope. At what point do you feel that the Phins can consistently keep the foot on the gas or come back to win the game. As soon as they go to the Playoffs, the next question is can they go farther. Can they get to the big dance. When they get to the Superbowl it'll be can they win the Superbowl? Imagine somehow they do, the next question is can they recapture lightning in a bottle and do it again? Do they have enough to repeat? Are they really a dynasty, etc etc.

Fun isn't it?

Even Patriot fans got antsy after their start last season. And you get the sense that a significant percentage of them don't like Belichick and are just waiting for their opportunity to pounce, like when Belichick went for it against against Manning on that infamous 4th down call. The pitchforks were quick to come out.

Though to be fair Belichick is pretty prickish, and if Brady weren't suspended I'd be surprised if he wasn't taking calls on a potential trade.

week 17 at home against the pats, put them to rest and ill believe

ill trust them that they are for real at the end of the season..... but this year i am truly looking for definite improvements, consistency, and development for the future!!! if they accomplish much more and enter the playoffs etc... HELLZ YEAH!!!

Back
Top Bottom