attendance at games | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

attendance at games

shahrn

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I've been a dolphins fan all my life. I live in Ohio, so it's hard for me to go to games in Florida. However, every time my fins come to Ohio or Indiana, I am at the games! But for those of you who claim to be "hardcore Dolphins fans," GO TO THE DAMN games!!! It's awful to think that you guys always get crazy when we're awful, and say, "same old story, bad team, waste of a season." But how can you blame the players when you as fans aren't doing your part?

go to the games..."fans"

Im a fan....but I am also a college student who struggles to stir up enough money to feed myself for the week. As much as I would love to go to games, its $40+ for nosebleed seats (which aren't bad seats)...but it also feels like 1,000 degrees up there..then it's about $15 for parking, $15 for food, gas and so on.

Oh look, just what we've all been waiting for, another attendance thread. Blah blah blah...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I agree. But if it is expensive and if it's not crowded it wouldn't be that fun. It would be like paying the cover to go to a club thats dead. Wtf is the point? I also don't live near Miami. Portland for me, so I can't relate, i've been to lots of Blazer games, a couple Seahawks games, and a UofO game and they are ALL rowdy. Hell even the Portland Timbers MLS games are rowdy. But I totally understand not wanting to pay so much for crappy games. I was raised in Ohio, and as a kid I went to lots of Bengals games, they were dull as crap. It was the early to mid 90's years. Ya know like Jeff Blake and ****ing Klingler. They were horrific. Fins havent been that bad, except for 07. If we start out 2-0 that first home game should have a little buzz going. If we win that one too against ATL, they will start to come. I can't wait to see the stadium full and rowdy on MNF.

It is a problem.

Just sick of hearing about it. I'm sure everyone is.

I'd be willing to bed only about 25% of all dolphins fans actually live in Miami anyways

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Fly down here, attend some games, and stop being part of the problem. Otherwise, shaddap and quit bitchin'.

I've been a dolphins fan all my life. I live in Ohio, so it's hard for me to go to games in Florida. However, every time my fins come to Ohio or Indiana, I am at the games! But for those of you who claim to be "hardcore Dolphins fans," GO TO THE DAMN games!!! It's awful to think that you guys always get crazy when we're awful, and say, "same old story, bad team, waste of a season." But how can you blame the players when you as fans aren't doing your part?

go to the games..."fans"

This thread sucks.

I just love how people act like its no thing to just attend a game. Ya gotta get tickets, ya gotta pay parking, you buy food and beer to tailgate and then there's gas. I live 2 hours away and I'll get to games when I can but I work outside 6 days a week. I'd rather stay in a lot of the times in the a/c and drink out of my 12 pack that costed me as much and 1 beer would in the stadium. And I'll have my wife whip something up for the game. Like I said I go when I can but if your so concerned about attendance fork up some money and buy a plane ticket every week and seasons tickets and fly your ass down here

I'd say the dead horse's ghost has been beaten to death on this topic, but so as not to just be a troll...

I live about 5 1/2 hours north of the stadium, but make it a point to attend one home game a year, and this year I'll get the added bonus of also attending the game in Tampa because it's closer, but honestly they do this to themselves.

1.) If the team produces a winning product you'll be shocked how fast the stadium fills (I was at the '08 playoff game and was astonished at the turnout and enthusiasm, unlike anything I've ever seen at a home game in the last decade)
2.) Until they are a great team, the prices need to go WAY down. This is an NFL-wide problem. Preseason is a great example of this...they are meaningless games, yet the tickets are still too much and in most cases are not shown on TV. That's total BS. If the NFL wants to win fans they should be using this as the gateway drug to do it. Make it affordable fun for the family and make sure everyone can watch on TV, so they can get invested and care about this team.

Anyway, the attendance numbers really don't worry me, because as I said, despite whatever extenuating circumstances there may be, the day this team starts winning on a consistence basis, is the same day those seats fill. Unless they are a hardcore fan like most of us here, people who make $10 an hour or less don't want to invest $90 a ticket plus parking, so they can watch their team lose.

It's a Thursday night going into Labor Day...and it's preseason. If we are 8-3 and aren't selling out, then we should worry.

I live about 40 min away from cleveland and they are way worse than us and every game the crowd is screaming there ****ing brains off almost a full stadium. I am a die hard phin fan and will be at the cleveland and Indy game so I c where the op is going no offense to people who live in Florida and say they suck but if I was down there id be at atleast four games a year if I couldn't afford season tickets.

I actually use to live in plantation when I was 7 Marino was still playing (1996) that's when my love for the phins started.

Back
Top Bottom