attendance at games | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

attendance at games

The stadium location is also a problem....sure, I also live pretty far from downtown Miami, but not nearly as far from Miami Gardens. When I go to a Heat game, their arena is in prime "Miami" location. You know you are in Miami when you go to a Heat game. The Dolphins are like barely in Miami. Miami Gardens is pretty crummy if you want to show off the fact we are in fact a Miami team. Even the Marlins have prime location....they are in a predominant Hispanic community, but Hispanics love baseball....they are the ones that like baseball enough to support the crappy owner and team.

I understand getting a new stadium will not happen anytime soon, but Ross should have that in his mind...he can spend all the millions he wants to renovate it and make it the most technologically advanced stadium, but the location is problem #1 for most people, and its trumps all improvements. There is nothing that really connects people with the building, nothing too special about it...its just there. When you think of Heinz field, Gillette stadium, Lambeau and stuff...the stadium has its own identity. Sun Life Stadium is just a run of the mill giant circle with seats...and its the location, out in the middle of nowhere in the eyes of people that live in Miami. I am pretty sure people that live close to the stadium now wouldn't mind actually driving to Miami, where you can do something else when you finish the game.

I get it, I finally get it. It's the fans fault that Jeff Ireland has led us to a 7-9, 7-9, 6-10, 7-9 record over the last four years. It's been the fans who have failed to make critical tackles, the fans who have dropped touchdown passes in the end zone, the fans who have failed to protect Henne and Tannehill in the pocket, the fans who drafted Pat White and Michael Egnew, the fans who did it all. There is no fault at all to be placed at the feet of the front office, the coaches, the players and the owner. It's all the fault of the fans. We're supposed to sit back and watch this crap and be thankful that we have NFL football at all. Let's just all bend over and chant in unison "Thank you sir may I have another."

I don't understand why threads have to be attacked?

The solution to attendance is winning and play great.

Unfortunately this team has been in a down slide for the last upteen years, dating back to 1999, when the Dolphins supplanted Dan Marino for Jay Fiedler.

Yeah we made it to the playoffs a few times with Fiedler and Pennington, but its just wasn't the same.

I won't even get into Jimmy Johnson - Dave Wannstedt coup of Don Shula.

Dan Marino led the Dolphins to the playoffs ten times in his seventeen-season career. ( I am upset with off the field distractions, after he left the game, because he had done everything, so perfect. I do forgive him though, as I do not walk in his shoes.

But to the main topic, we just have to build a winning team.

d-1

The stadium location is also a problem....sure, I also live pretty far from downtown Miami, but not nearly as far from Miami Gardens. When I go to a Heat game, their arena is in prime "Miami" location. You know you are in Miami when you go to a Heat game. The Dolphins are like barely in Miami. Miami Gardens is pretty crummy if you want to show off the fact we are in fact a Miami team. Even the Marlins have prime location....they are in a predominant Hispanic community, but Hispanics love baseball....they are the ones that like baseball enough to support the crappy owner and team.

I understand getting a new stadium will not happen anytime soon, but Ross should have that in his mind...he can spend all the millions he wants to renovate it and make it the most technologically advanced stadium, but the location is problem #1 for most people, and its trumps all improvements. There is nothing that really connects people with the building, nothing too special about it...its just there. When you think of Heinz field, Gillette stadium, Lambeau and stuff...the stadium has its own identity. Sun Life Stadium is just a run of the mill giant circle with seats...and its the location, out in the middle of nowhere in the eyes of people that live in Miami. I am pretty sure people that live close to the stadium now wouldn't mind actually driving to Miami, where you can do something else when you finish the game.
With respect, I disagree about the location. If you live in Broward like me, or PB county, it is just a straight shot down the turnpike, very convenient. I have attended a few Heat games as well and driving into downtown is not fun.

I agree. If you have a problem with the stadium location, you're not old enough to remember the Orange Bowl.

Sun Life is convenient to Broward, Palm Beach and Dade county. Location is a positive not a negative. They built that stadium on that very site for a reason, ACCESS.

Blaming the stadium is like blaming the fans. There is plenty blame to go around. Of course winning should solve it. But it never solved it before. We have had playoff games unsold and blacked out in the far past. The fans in Miami are terrible and would not support a winning Dolphin team. They never have and never will.

Its much easier to fill a basketball stadium than it is to fill that behemoth called Sun life.

Back
Top Bottom