Attendance looked like a Marlins game | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Attendance looked like a Marlins game

i was at the game this afternoon as well, and i agree with everyone's take as far as crowd size. i will add, however, that i was surprised how many seats were full, particularly along the North and South sidelines, in both the 100 and 300 levels. that crowd spilled over to the corner-endzone sections, however those were not as full. watching the game from home i'm not sure you would see the crowd size, as the end-zone seats were empty...the problem today was clearly KEEPING the fans seated. I first began noticing people clearing out at half time, and not returning. Seeing as how flat we were to start the 2nd half, that began the walk out. i had never left a game prior to its finish in my life, but i'm sad to say that i left at the end of the 3rd. On a positive note i see this years fan base stronger, more alive, than in previous seasons. I truly think we are on the right path, a few pieces short with out a doubt, but we are moving in the right direction. That being said, today's game was a huge cluster****

If I didn't live so fricken far from Florida I would have season tickets and be there every damn game.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

It looked like 40,000 empty seats at Sun Life today. About as bad as it has ever looked.

It's too hot, uncomfortable (just put a roof on) and expensive to sit out there and watch this team compared to what you receive in return, which is usually just a headache from drinking and a sun burn and a 2 hour drive for me. I learned that about 6 years ago. It doesn't look like much has changed either. The team still ****s the bed when it's time to step up and win and we are still losing among other things.

Who knows what we have in Tannehill? It seems when I watch him he reminds me of a Rivers/Romo mix which isn't exactly the first thing I'd want. I fell asleep before the 2nd quarter ;). I was woken up early this morning by a fire alarm though so I decided to drink early...which I don't really do much of anymore.

Too hot? Has it only been hot in Miami since 2003 or something? How do you explain the better attendance over the years prior to the last decade? Was the sun not as potent 15-20 years ago (yes I know the whole thing about global warming).

It was 80 degrees today. That's hot?

I was @ the game also, was a Season Ticket Holder for 10 years now just pick and choose about 4-5 home games to go to (Paying full price for 2 pre-season games just didn't make sense anymore). It's also getting harder and harder to pay that type of money to witness a team that seems to take 2 steps back every time it appears like they are taking 1 step forward.

Every team can have a bad game.....but man....I have NEVER left a game early until today.

But I'd agree, the stadium was about 60% full. I was quite frankly surprised at the turnout. Looks like I was the idiot and should of saved myself a hundred bucks and stayed home.

how bout produce on the field?
Umm they have been playing well the last month. I don't get it how any fan can dispute that. It's not like the team was 2-6 coming into today. In fact they should have been better than 4-4 given a couple of close/tough losses. If this is the mentality amongst dolphins fans..it's gonna be terrible all the time.

Too hot? Has it only been hot in Miami since 2003 or something? How do you explain the better attendance over the years prior to the last decade? Was the sun not as potent 15-20 years ago (yes I know the whole thing about global warming).

It was 80 degrees today. That's hot?

great post. Lets he honest winning brings the fans in. People who claim the fans will never come back are wrong. When the team starts consistently winning again they'll be back. From there you can argue whether or not they are fair weather. But you're absolutely right about anyone using an excuse besides not being happy with the product. It's not about the heat.

The Dolphins are known as the team with the most fickle fan base for good reason. Unless we are a solid playoff team or Superbowl contender, the stadium is not going to be filled. It's that simple.

The Dolphins are known as the team with the most fickle fan base for good reason. Unless we are a solid playoff team or Superbowl contender, the stadium is not going to be filled. It's that simple.

That's what their known as? I thought they were just known as the team that hasn't been relevant in over a decade. Totally the fans' faults.

great post. Lets he honest winning brings the fans in. People who claim the fans will never come back are wrong. When the team starts consistently winning again they'll be back. From there you can argue whether or not they are fair weather. But you're absolutely right about anyone using an excuse besides not being happy with the product. It's not about the heat.

Being 4-4 and a game out of first place should mean the level of home attendance support would be high. Being 3-12 and having one last home game is one thing....

how bout produce on the field?

we as fans need to show our flustration to the FO and to Ross , imo if we want to see some movement from the FO we need to be more like fans of denver and let it show that we all care for our team and we want a winner on the field instead of just letting it go and letting them do whatever they want and when they want . thats just my oppion .the way i see it we need to do whatever it takes to win , and that even if we have to bring in a couple of vet WRs in plax and T.O. for one year , bottom line winning cures allllll.

South Florida fans are a problem. Look at both the Dolphins and Hurricanes attendance.

So Miami hasn't been "great" this year.....honestly, they've been better than expected! To be 4-4 at this point is better than anyone anticipated. I was in Philly yesterday to watch a horrible Eagles team play in front of a PACKED house. So even as bad and obnoxious as those fans are, and even as bad as they want Reid gone, they still showed up.

Who in their right mind would pay all that money for a ticket. Possibly pay for transportation depending where you live, then pay for food maybe a hotel and then to park to watch what we saw today. I admit I was disappointed in the turn out but then I realized half way into the game how smart people were to stay at home. I wouldn't go to a dolphins game this year unless tickets were free, hotel was free, plane tickets or gas was free as well as parking. People wonder why the dolphins get zero attention this is an example. The only thing the dolphins show consistency is losing and not making the playoffs

My buddy and 2 friends went. They were in their right mind. Hotel and everything. He hasnt gone for many years. Too bad the Fins let him down. Enjoy the ticket and beer money he gave you Ross. It won't happen again for a looong time.

Back
Top Bottom