Attending Training Camp, Details Please! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Attending Training Camp, Details Please!

realistcaly what time would i need to get there if i wanted to get bleacher seats cause my grandfather is taking me and i know he wont want to sit there all day waiting. So like at the latest what time could i be there and get good seats? oh and about how much are jerseys there?

I've been going to training camps forever and have never once "not found a seat". And I never get there early. The seats are mostly plastics and have backs on them but the last three rows do not, and are aluminum. All are fine to sit in if you ask me....

Would it hurt Huizenga's pocket if he sprung for some awnings over the bleachers? How 'bout it Wayne? You dropped a couple of mil on the bubble! Throw the Dolphin faithful a bone and give us a little shade, brother.You have to be insane to watch a Dolphin summer practice. The heat is unbearable and the sun and sweat burning in your eyes limits your ability to focus. Of course sunstroke is a small price to pay to watch the boys practice. Thank Goodness football season's back bebbeeeee!

all it has it date tims and address, but do any of you know form experience when i should get there? and do they have jerseys for sale there cheaper than they do during the season?

Hey Native, it's me again. You can get there all of 15 min ahead of start time or right at start time, doesn't really matter. You only see fundamentals and position drills for a while at the start (usually). After 20-30 min, they break the drills for team stretching exercises, then break into team drills, so you don't miss much right at the start.

The Pro shop is right at the entrance to the bleachers, and yes they have a lot of stuff, but be sure to bring your wallet (and maybe someone else's too). Nothing is cheap, nor is it cheaper than anywhere else, or any other time during the season. If they run sales, I have never heard of it. (Maybe they have sales on Culpepper jerseys now, I don't know).

Anyway, have a good time. I am very fair skinned and sun-phobic so this may help or not...If you plan on staying they whole day, take some sunscreen and a white towel, and make sure you have sunglasses and a big hat. If you are not used to a lot of sun, you will definitely fry for awhile if you are not careful. I usually put a white towel over my lap while watching practice, and I can tolerate a few hours of that without being uncomfortable. All depends on you, and the sun.

EDIT: Binoculars are not really necessary unless you have poor vision. You are literally right next to the field. I was only aware of three evening practices, unless they changed the schedule. Yep, looks like Tuesday night might be the night for me to go too. Also, since you're going at night, consider that a lot of the fans can only go after work, so it will probably be a full crowd. This is one you might consider getting there twenty minutes early, just to beat the parking congestion above all else.

Hey Native, it's me again. You can get there all of 15 min ahead of start time or right at start time, doesn't really matter. You only see fundamentals and position drills for a while at the start (usually). After 20-30 min, they break the drills for team stretching exercises, then break into team drills, so you don't miss much right at the start.

The Pro shop is right at the entrance to the bleachers, and yes they have a lot of stuff, but be sure to bring your wallet (and maybe someone else's too). Nothing is cheap, nor is it cheaper than anywhere else, or any other time during the season. If they run sales, I have never heard of it. (Maybe they have sales on Culpepper jerseys now, I don't know).

Anyway, have a good time. I am very fair skinned and sun-phobic so this may help or not...If you plan on staying they whole day, take some sunscreen and a white towel, and make sure you have sunglasses and a big hat. If you are not used to a lot of sun, you will definitely fry for awhile if you are not careful. I usually put a white towel over my lap while watching practice, and I can tolerate a few hours of that without being uncomfortable. All depends on you, and the sun.

EDIT: Binoculars are not really necessary unless you have poor vision. You are literally right next to the field. I was only aware of three evening practices, unless they changed the schedule. Yep, looks like Tuesday night might be the night for me to go too. Also, since you're going at night, consider that a lot of the fans can only go after work, so it will probably be a full crowd. This is one you might consider getting there twenty minutes early, just to beat the parking congestion above all else.

wow man u dont know how much this helps, thanks so much, the reason i wanted to go at night is because on the phins site that the night ones have players to sign autographs then. I am so excited though should 100 be enougt for a chambers or porter jersey?

Would it hurt Huizenga's pocket if he sprung for some awnings over the bleachers? How 'bout it Wayne? You dropped a couple of mil on the bubble! Throw the Dolphin faithful a bone and give us a little shade, brother.You have to be insane to watch a Dolphin summer practice. The heat is unbearable and the sun and sweat burning in your eyes limits your ability to focus. Of course sunstroke is a small price to pay to watch the boys practice. Thank Goodness football season's back bebbeeeee!

It's South Florida. Those who live here should be used to it by now.

I really could care less about the practice field but the heat does not bother me one bit...

100 bucks will get you a replica jersey of Chambers or Porter. They are about 80 bucks. Look at the proshop on the dolphins website, they are the same prices/same place. You could get a jersey at any other store you find in the area for abou the same price. Unless, like someone else said, they have some on sale. The pro shop has everything you can think of and more. To get autographs, just hang out after the practice, some of the guys will come over to the fence. You need to bully your way over and get to the front. Mini helmets and footballs are great for autos, and have a sharpie of your own. Try to have your grandpa snap some photos of you and the player signing for you. Always cool to have. Have fun and let us know how it went.

100 bucks will get you a replica jersey of Chambers or Porter. They are about 80 bucks. Look at the proshop on the dolphins website, they are the same prices/same place. You could get a jersey at any other store you find in the area for abou the same price. Unless, like someone else said, they have some on sale. The pro shop has everything you can think of and more. To get autographs, just hang out after the practice, some of the guys will come over to the fence. You need to bully your way over and get to the front. Mini helmets and footballs are great for autos, and have a sharpie of your own. Try to have your grandpa snap some photos of you and the player signing for you. Always cool to have. Have fun and let us know how it went.
thanks so much yea i was thinking of that but like have them all sign on one football? or what about like a note pad? yea and if i ever want to sell autographs i need pics and they are just cool to have anyway. Also there has to be other places where its cheaper then straight up retail.

thanks so much yea i was thinking of that but like have them all sign on one football? or what about like a note pad? yea and if i ever want to sell autographs i need pics and they are just cool to have anyway. Also there has to be other places where its cheaper then straight up retail.

I found that brining a football is the best way to get it something signed. Practices are usually an hour n a half or 2 hours and right after the practices are over you need to head down to the fence because it gets crowded very quickly as people starting lining up for autographs.

I found that brining a football is the best way to get it something signed. Practices are usually an hour n a half or 2 hours and right after the practices are over you need to head down to the fence because it gets crowded very quickly as people starting lining up for autographs.
yea i am going to run down there, i am bringing a football with a sharpie hope to get a few good sigs. I am excited as this will be the first time for me to see the dolphins live even though its not a game, since i was a kid in tampa i never got to see them live this is a dream comming true right before my eyes!

do they have everyones jersey at the store like to they have booker or porer and say holliday?

A Vonnie Holliday jersey might not be, unless the team feels he's marketable.

They usually only print the ones that will sell so a Booker Jersey might be available like a new player in Joey Porter. A Beck should also be on sale, and of course a Ginn and the rest of the usual suspects. JT, ZT, CH, RB.....

You can always buy a player worn article as well. Lots of used face masks, and some older practice jerseys and so on. Plenty of hats, t-shirts, stickers, magnets, flags, cushions, cups, postcards, even some golf balls if you like....

I'm going to the 8 AM session this Saturday. I have a question myself...

is it free to get in?

I'm not too stacked when it comes to cash or anything...haha

Back
Top Bottom