Attention Dolfans (only)! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Attention Dolfans (only)!

njfinfan

Finheaven's "First Lady"
Reaction score
So I went into my local Walgreens, up here in North Jersey and 6 paramedics come in. I happen to walk by them in my Dolphin jacket and they all looked. One of them came out with that hated way people who don't like the Dolphins say it "Miami Dolphins?"
with emphasis on the ami and dol. One of the guys with him said "that's right baby." Big mouth then came out with "too bad donovan and co. are gonna kick your butts on Monday." (I always seem to run into a fan of the team we're about to play in my travels).

Anyway, me with my big mouth said "not on Monday night at home". How accurate was I? Anyone have statistics?

Our prime time record is PDG but then again, so is philly's. My thinking is that our trend is fading [yet, agin] while the iggles are rising, and fast too.
However, those guys you wuz talkin' about........... i run into that at times around here. When they say it like that (as in a question), I turn around and say yes. Then like I'm a 1st grade tacher or som'n I point to each letter and start spelling it for them. Usually they just get pizzed and steam off. I did have one guy say to me that i should quit being a smart *** cuz he could see it. I just told him that they way he said it was like he wuz havin' trouble reading it or som'n. Aaah, screrw'em all !! :lol: :lol:

That's a good way to handle it. It just pisses me off when they say it like they do.

I had a Miami Dolphins Starter jacket back in college, and I was wearing it as I walked to the cafeteria for supper following the 38-3 play-off loss to Denver in 1999, and some guys walked by and one said, "Dolphins suck." I said, "Yeah, making it to the second round of the play-offs, with a 10-6 regular season record, that really sucks." No response and I continued on my way.

well, we are the top scoring team ever on MNF: http://espn.go.com/abcsports/mnf/s/topscoringteams.html

here are our latest MNF home games:
we crushed SD October 27
Dec. 9, 2002 MIAMI 27, Chicago 9
Dec. 10, 2001 MIAMI 41, Indianapolis 6
Dec. 27, 1999 New York Jets 38, MIAMI 31
Oct. 4, 1999 Buffalo 23, MIAMI 18
Sept. 13, 1999* Miami 38, DENVER 21

• A win would be the Dolphins’ 39th on Monday Night Football, extending their all-time lead in Monday night victories.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressb...body.asp?contentID=124&contentType=Milestones

Re: Re: Attention Dolfans (only)!

Originally posted by dolphan39
well, we are the top scoring team ever on MNF: http://espn.go.com/abcsports/mnf/s/topscoringteams.html

here are our latest MNF home games:
we crushed SD October 27
Dec. 9, 2002 MIAMI 27, Chicago 9
Dec. 10, 2001 MIAMI 41, Indianapolis 6
Dec. 27, 1999 New York Jets 38, MIAMI 31

****Oct. 4, 1999 Buffalo 23, MIAMI 18****

Sept. 13, 1999* Miami 38, DENVER 21

http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressb....asp?contentID=124&contentType=Milestones

:)

Originally posted by njfinfan
That's a good way to handle it. It just pisses me off when they say it like they do.

I know! That's why THEY're *******s and we ain't!!! :D :D

Re: DOLPHINS-EAGLES

Originally posted by JAKE91
MIAMI LEADS THE SERIES WITH PHILADELPHIA, 7-3.:tongue:

And 5-0 when the game is played in Miami.

I think we have a good shot to beat them, but it all depends on our oline picking up their blitz. Philly blitzes more than most teams and if we can't pick it up, Jay or Brian is in trouble. If we do... I think we win soundly.

Re: Re: DOLPHINS-EAGLES

Originally posted by DolphinzD

And 5-0 when the game is played in Miami.

And NE has never beaten us im Miami in Sept OR October either!!
Oh wait a minit. That just happened THIS year! :rolleyes: ;)

Originally posted by stork48
where do you guys get all these dam stats? just curious

I read mine in an article this morning, can't remember where though.

Dolphin Digest (the printed version) is a great source of statistics as well.

Re: Re: Re: DOLPHINS-EAGLES

Originally posted by DeDolfan

And NE has never beaten us im Miami in Sept OR October either!!
Oh wait a minit. That just happened THIS year! :rolleyes: ;)

Yes, agreed. I was just adding a statistic, not saying that the Dolphins would win because of it. I really don't know who to pick in this game.

Back
Top Bottom