**Attention dtv NFL sunday ticket subscribers: | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Attention dtv NFL sunday ticket subscribers:

cmax13 said:
i think that if you already have the hd package for 11.00/month, you get the nfl hd games without the extra $99.00 fee.

i guess you'll have to call to be sure, but that is what i get from the web site.

I don't believe so. I think its an extra $99 still.

cmax13 said:
i think that if you already have the hd package for 11.00/month, you get the nfl hd games without the extra $99.00 fee.

i guess you'll have to call to be sure, but that is what i get from the web site.

That was for last season. This season it's an extra $99 for HD.

this stinks, i was planning on gettin the ticket this year, this price makes it tough but who am i kidding, id spend more at the bar getting trashed

Directv just resigned a new contract worth 2 BILLION. They have to come up with the money somehow. I'am still going to get the package, but not the HD if I have a choice. We all saw this coming not too long ago when the league said it signed the contract.

Well next time people write let's sign Law for only 5 mil or that guy is only getting 2 mil - what a bargain you should realize who is actually paying for that guy to have 6 cars and 2 cribs that are shown on MTV. These gus are so overpaid it's ridiculous and do you really think Mr. FOX/DirecTV cares - he will just jack up the price to us average Joe's to cover himself. Too bad the fans couldn't strike for a season and say enough is enough. How hilarious would that be - seeing the players and owners scratching their heads amongst other things wondering what to do. The sad part is that I'll probably fork it over for another year when it comes down to it. Going back to the sports bar is looking better and better though.

FinsFanatic said:
this stinks, i was planning on gettin the ticket this year, this price makes it tough but who am i kidding, id spend more at the bar getting trashed

That's just it. Even at $319 it is more than worth it. Every time I goto a bar to watch a game I spend at least $60.

The cheapest solution-

Every year they offer a package for new subscribers that includes the Sunday Ticket. Cancel your service and renew it a few minutes later. This year it only cost $75/month for 4 months for all the programming including the complete package of all pay channels that normally goes for $120/month. Since the base service costs $50/month, the NFL package was actually only an extra $25/month assuming you don't value the pay chanels at all.

reading that avsforum thread (BTW, I did a lot of research there prior to buying my 60" LCD 2 months ago), all I gotta say is those guys are nothing but crybabies there. For God sake, some of those people spend $1200+ on a frickin home theatre receiver...JUST THE RECEIVER!!. But they are going to cry about DTV sunday ticket :rolleyes: I won't even get into their techno-geek, righteous, yuppy attitudes..

Back on topic though. $219...$318...who cares! If you are a fan you'll be more than happy to pay that. If there is one damn thing in this world that I DON'T mind paying for it is Sunday Ticket!! It goes 100% to myself and who I choose to come over to my house, it makes my Sundays for 4.5 months in the year something to look forward to, and it allows me to follow MY team of choice when I live a thousand miles away. IMO, you can't complain about that compared to a lot of the garbage in our society we are forced/scammed into paying for (ie. certain taxes, unsubstantiated raises in toll roads and bridges, unsubstantiated raises in vehicle registration [yeah, MD decided to raise their's by 100% last year :rolleyes: ], etc.)

I just recently moved like 45 miles from my old house, and have had the package for the last 6 years in Cali. It usually says on the screen on ch 215 you are authorized, for some reason it didn't at all. So I sent them an email, they say we have no record of you ordering the NFL Package. I said we recently just moved, and our main card for our primary receiver had to be changed, could this be why? The gal said well sir sorry for the confusion but we will meet you half the way, so instead of me paying 179.00 for the year I had be paying, the gal said you can pay 199.00 now. What a bunch of crap. I asked to further look into this.

dirtywhiteboy said:
the sad part is i live 2.5 hours from dolphins stadium (man that sounds cool), and i have to have nfl st in order to see all their games...the nfl forces us to watch the baguars. it is lose/lose for me and my local phin homies.

I also live two hours north of stadium, have directv with the ticket, and never miss a home game! stop whining about the cost of tv and get to the games and a local sports bar on away games if necessary. I spend $1800 on tickets and parking passes, food and beverage is another $80 per home game, gas (this year will be $50 at least), etc.

Staying at home and watching tv isn't so expensive now, is it????:eek:

ohall said:
That's just it. Even at $319 it is more than worth it. Every time I goto a bar to watch a game I spend at least $60.

I'm getting Sunday ticket this year,cause like you said I spend way more a season at the Sports Bar.Don't know if I'm springin' for HD though.It's still fun to go to the Bar to watch games once in awhile.

The way i see it is if I can pay 1500 a month in rent for a decent apartment in NYC then i sure as poop am paying 318 for something i actually like watching. That was the whole purpose of me getting a Kegarator and a mini basketabll arcade game in my apartment; so that it feels like a bar :)

i live in north fla and can generally get all fins games with just the antenna. the main reason i get sunday ticket is for the ability to watch any of the other games on when the fins aren't playing.

Timmy54 said:
DTV knows people will pay for it, thats why the charge it. so the little guy who is just making it cant afford that and is then out of luck. i bet they are not paying more to the nfl for the rights, so why the big bump in price?? it is ok, i go the bar every sun anyways, it is a reason to drink, lol.

If you really think about it the bar, with a meal and drinks, maybe a little KENO (I know I play when I go) can add up just as quickly. Figure possibly $50 bucks a week for all 3 of the things I mentioned and your at $800 a seaon. Even if you blow $25 your at $400. To me NFLST is priceless and I'll gladly pay for it. Maybe I'm the probelm but I can't help it. I'm far from rich but conveinence will always outweigh money in my eyes as long as it's within reason.

Back
Top Bottom