**Attention dtv NFL sunday ticket subscribers: | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Attention dtv NFL sunday ticket subscribers:

Anyone want to donate to my NFL sunday ticket fund? I accept paypal. :lol:

I was finally warming up to the idea of getting the DirecTV HD service with Tivo (already have the SD Tivo now), but this changes everything for me. The receiver itself is around $700, and then I still have to buy a freaking antenna to get local HD channels, and then pay another $320 for Sunday Ticket in HD. Oh, and I'd only get like five other HD channels (an extra $11/month) unless I want to put down even more to get the movie channels in HD.

That's quite a bit of money just to upgrade what I'm already getting for around $55 a month + $200 for Sunday Ticket... I think I'll stick with that now, and watch my Fin games in standard def with bars on the sides of my 16:9 TV ;)

HD Changes

The other thing that you need to remember w/ DTVHD is that their format is going to be changing in just over a year. Basically this means that if you go out and drop that 700 dollars on a new DTVHD reciever now, you will have a very expensive TV decoration:fire: . It will still do the regular sat features, but you will be SOL on the HD front, as it will not be able to decode the new format. Just a little something that they wont necessarily tell you when you sign up for HD now...

I've said it all along boys. BitTorrent.

For us who don't have 319 dollars :p

dirtywhiteboy said:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=539378

i am just blown away. looking for a reason to quit directv, and now i have more than one (watered down hd programming, and $318 re-newal fee for nflst)...just have to figure out how to see the phins when the nfl wants central fl to watch the baguars...us little guys can't catch a break from big corporations. :fire:

mods, please don't move this. this is very important to dolphin fans to know that might end up getting screwed and not realize it.
I realize the HD thing creates a problem for those that have it, but I want to add one thing here...the Sunday NFL Ticket is by far the best investment a football fan can make...if you do not have it and it is available in your area buckle down and find the cash for it...you will not be sorry.

I HATE dealing with the people at directv, JD Power NEVER called me and asked my opinion, but I stand by the Sunday ticket, it is worth every penny and all the BS in dealing with the dopes at directv.

Supply and Demand

First of all, HD football is the best thing in the world. Hopefully this added cost will include more HD games then they had last year. The "Superfan" package also includes a channel where you can watch 6 games at a time. It will remind me of the old sports bar days.

Anyway, to my point. People never understand supply and demand. Listen, if you owned a company and everyone wanted your product, wouldn't you charge as much as the market would give? I would. They know we will pay, and remember the bars are going to have an increase in cost too. I can't remember how much they have to pay for the service, but I think it is pretty hefty. You may notice the bars cutting down on the beer specials during the games.

The NFL Ticket (now HD) is the best thing in the world. I live in Columbus Ohio and being able to see all the Phins games, plus any game for that matter, has been awesome and I will pay whatever it takes (or whatever my wife allows ;) )

Unreal. Best advice to those stuck having to get the Ticket... Find a few people in your area that are big fans also and go in together. Or one buy the ticket the other always brings the beer!!

Well I live in the West Palm Beach area. Before I had Adelphia cable and was paying about $65 a month for no HD, No Sunday ticket, and a few channels. No premim services.

I switched to DTV last year and for about $100 a month I get HD,about 50 more channels, and the NFL Sunday Ticket. So for an exra $35 a month I get a lot more. Heck I would spend that in one trip to a sports bar to watch, and now its when I want it and in HD on my 57" TV.
I love Direct TV,

1) People WILL pay the money for this

2) $219 for 17 weeks of entertainment is very cheap. About the same as if you went to the movies once a week for 17 weeks and that is just a 2 hour show. This is 17 weeks of EVERY NFL game played!

3) The extra money for HD, hey we knew when they signed the big deal that rates would increase and things would change. If its only $99 for HD (which is an option,you can still get the whole ticket at a reasonable price) then so be it.

I agree that the price increase sucks but I'd pay a $100 bucks each week if that's what it took to get the Dolphins. I just bought a 65" High Def last season and the HD is great but if all I had was a fuzzy black and white feed of the Dolphins game it's better then no Dolphins game at all.

Dr. Dolphin 24/7

dirtywhiteboy said:
the sad part is i live 2.5 hours from dolphins stadium (man that sounds cool), and i have to have nfl st in order to see all their games...the nfl forces us to watch the baguars. it is lose/lose for me and my local phin homies.

You should just change your address on your mailing statement. Use a Miami zip code and you will get all the Fins games for free. The only thing is you will get all the local Miami channels too. Just don't plug in you phone line...

Challenger74 said:
You should just change your address on your mailing statement. Use a Miami zip code and you will get all the Fins games for free. The only thing is you will get all the local Miami channels too. Just don't plug in you phone line...

Wouldn't you fall into any blackouts that may occur if the game was not sold out if you did that?

Plus, did you guys see this feature:

clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
NFL SUNDAY TICKETâ„¢ Short Cuts are commercial-free games showing every play in 30 minutes or less on channels 701 - 704.

NFL SUNDAY TICKETâ„¢ Short Cuts will be available after the conclusion of all NFL Sunday games starting at approximately midnight ET Sunday.

That sounds pretty sweet. You can Tivo that show, and have every play in a 30 minute segment. Sound OK to me. :D

I wish the NFL would allow video streaming of the games on NFL.com instead of the audio. I would pay for that.

Back
Top Bottom