Attention Tampa Bay/Central Florida Fins Fans: Please Read | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Attention Tampa Bay/Central Florida Fins Fans: Please Read

the fin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hello All,

Obviously you can tell by the number of my posts that I am usually in lurking mode. However, due to recent events in my life I have been forced to withdraw from my shell. My wife and I purchased 6 tickets to the Hall of Fame induction ceremony, and we were planning to make a vacation out of it. Well, to make a long story short, she came home from a business trip last week and told me she didn't love me anymore and we were through after 10 years of marriage and with a 4 year old son. I was a stay at home dad for three years so she could pursue her career. Needless to say, being a stay at home dad wasn't easy and I really was looking forward to some time away with my family, while getting to see the greatest QB of all time get his day in the sun. Now I have six tickets and no one to go with. I am entertaining the idea of going anyway but I was hoping there might be some fellow fin fans who don't have tickets that would consider sharing expenses for a 3 day road trip to see The Man get his due. I would consider getting together with a couple people and selling the remaining tickets to help pay for some of my expenses. Bottom line is that I am just starting to accept my situation and I want to start getting on with my life. Please respond with any interest or suggestions. Obviously given my current situation, preference will be given to members of the fairer sex :D

Thanks Fin Fans!

Tough story, man. I feel for you.

I got too much going on to make the trip but, wanted to bump your thread for you. :)

the fin said:
Hello All,

Obviously you can tell by the number of my posts that I am usually in lurking mode. However, due to recent events in my life I have been forced to withdraw from my shell. My wife and I purchased 6 tickets to the Hall of Fame induction ceremony, and we were planning to make a vacation out of it. Well, to make a long story short, she came home from a business trip last week and told me she didn't love me anymore and we were through after 10 years of marriage and with a 4 year old son. I was a stay at home dad for three years so she could pursue her career as a VP for a major financial services company. Needless to say, being a stay at home dad wasn't easy and I really was looking forward to some time away with my family, while getting to see the greatest QB of all time get his day in the sun. Now I have six tickets and no one to go with. I am entertaining the idea of going anyway but I was hoping there might be some fellow fin fans who don't have tickets that would consider sharing expenses for a 3 day road trip to see The Man get his due. I would consider getting together with a couple people and selling the remaining tickets to help pay for some of my expenses. Bottom line is that I am just starting to accept my situation and I want to start getting on with my life. Please respond with any interest or suggestions. Obviously given my current situation, preference will be given to members of the fairer sex :D

Thanks Fin Fans!

Same here, I'm not going (and I'm not of the fairer sex!) but I feel bad about your story. The only advice I have is stay busy so you don't mope around over it (easy for me to say I know). I have found that keeping myself occupied always got me through relationships that ended suddenly like that. Also, don't look too hard for a replacement in your life. When you stop searching, chances are someone should come along. In the meantime, concentrate on your son! :)

Enjoy the Marino induction no matter how it plays out!

tough one man...i'm in tampa and would love to see marino get inducted, but doubt i have the money (plus i'm not the "fairer" sex)

Keep your chin up man...and stay strong for that little boy of yours. All of finheaven is behind you man.

again, thanks to all of you for the words of support.

Sorry to hear about your situation. Keep a positive outlook and good things will happen for you.

Sorry to hear about your situation. Two things I'd recommend if you want your marriage to work.

1) Get Dr. Phil's "Relationship Rescue" book http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_7/002-9938188-6515217?v=glance&s=books

2) At this stage in the game....I'd suggest going to www.divorcebusting.com and checking out the site, books, forums.......Michele Weiner has been guests on Oprah and other shows and is well known. I'd suggest getting "Divorce Busting" and "Divorce Remedy"

http://divorcebusting.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=B

I have purchased all 3 of these books in the past and found them to be very helpful in my own marriage. Anyways....not trying to get involved in your business but I have 2 kids and have been married for 7 years as well. Sounds like you still want the relationship so seriously spend the little $ required and read those books. Try the divorce busting ones first. Good luck.

jbond said:
Sorry to hear about your situation. Two things I'd recommend if you want your marriage to work.

1) Get Dr. Phil's "Relationship Rescue" book http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_7/002-9938188-6515217?v=glance&s=books

2) At this stage in the game....I'd suggest going to www.divorcebusting.com and checking out the site, books, forums.......Michele Weiner has been guests on Oprah and other shows and is well known. I'd suggest getting "Divorce Busting" and "Divorce Remedy"

http://divorcebusting.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=B

I have purchased all 3 of these books in the past and found them to be very helpful in my own marriage. Anyways....not trying to get involved in your business but I have 2 kids and have been married for 7 years as well. Sounds like you still want the relationship so seriously spend the little $ required and read those books. Try the divorce busting ones first. Good luck.

Whenever there is a problem, jbond fixes it. He's like the finheaven Dr. Phil.

lol......nah.....just "been there and done that" a bit in quite a few areas in my limited time of 30 years.....

jbond said:
lol......nah.....just "been there and done that" a bit in quite a few areas in my limited time of 30 years.....

You know, I've always wanted to ask you why you have the New Orleans Voodoo logo as your avatar.

You did say you are from N.O., right? You a big Voodoo fan?

Back
Top Bottom