Attention Tampa Bay/Central Florida Fins Fans: Please Read | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Attention Tampa Bay/Central Florida Fins Fans: Please Read

DolphinDevil28 said:
You know, I've always wanted to ask you why you have the New Orleans Voodoo logo as your avatar.

You did say you are from N.O., right? You a big Voodoo fan?

we're from S. FL, lived in Orlando for about 4-5 years and then moved to Slidell for 2 years (I was a contractor out at the Michoud plant in New Orleans East for the USDA - NFC). We just moved back to Melbourne, FL about 13 months ago :)

jbond said:
we're from S. FL, lived in Orlando for about 4-5 years and then moved to Slidell for 2 years (I was a contractor out at the Michoud plant in New Orleans East for the USDA - NFC). We just moved back to Melbourne, FL about 13 months ago :)

Yeah, I remember you saying that.

So is that why you have the Voodoo logo?

they started when we lived up there....both me and my wife like football and living in Orlando years ago we started going to the Predators games and that kind of carried over to when we lived in louisiana. As you know (well at least imho)....besides Mardi Gras there really isn't a d@mn thing to do in New Orleans (except see the same bars on Bourbon every weekend)....so having the Voodoo provided some entertainment in the offseason.

im not of the fairer sex but whats a deal a fellow fin fan can get to possibly see dan the man get inducted?

the fin said:
Hello All,

Obviously you can tell by the number of my posts that I am usually in lurking mode. However, due to recent events in my life I have been forced to withdraw from my shell. My wife and I purchased 6 tickets to the Hall of Fame induction ceremony, and we were planning to make a vacation out of it. Well, to make a long story short, she came home from a business trip last week and told me she didn't love me anymore and we were through after 10 years of marriage and with a 4 year old son. I was a stay at home dad for three years so she could pursue her career. Needless to say, being a stay at home dad wasn't easy and I really was looking forward to some time away with my family, while getting to see the greatest QB of all time get his day in the sun. Now I have six tickets and no one to go with. I am entertaining the idea of going anyway but I was hoping there might be some fellow fin fans who don't have tickets that would consider sharing expenses for a 3 day road trip to see The Man get his due. I would consider getting together with a couple people and selling the remaining tickets to help pay for some of my expenses. Bottom line is that I am just starting to accept my situation and I want to start getting on with my life. Please respond with any interest or suggestions. Obviously given my current situation, preference will be given to members of the fairer sex :D

Thanks Fin Fans!

Wow man, I'm really sorry to hear that. Keep fighting the good fight bro.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Whenever there is a problem, jbond fixes it. He's like the finheaven Dr. Phil.

:lol: ^^

Well man, unfortunately I can't make the trip. It's at the wrong time of the year for me but I wanted to bump post anyway. It doesn't seem like too many people have responded in terms of going on the trip but keep bumping it over the weekend as I'm sure a lot of lurkers will be out. IMO, going on the trip will be the best thing for you to take your mind off of things man. Stay up, stay strong and we've got your back!!

thanks for all the support fellow fins fans!

jbond sent me a pm but i am not allowed to access pm yet and he doesn't accept emails. Can someone pm him for me, or jbond if you read this email me through my profile, i changed my options to allow emails.

Thanks again

stay strong and dont fear for your kid's welfare. remember what George Costanza said:

"Divorce is tough. Especially on the kids. Of course, im the result of my parents staying together...so you never know."

maynard - that was a classic! thanks for making me laugh

phinnhedd - email me

oh no....I have about 200 pm's now!! :jk: the pm i sent was pretty much what I wrote above. Hope it works out for you. Nothing's the end of the world either :)

hit me up brother I'm in the T&C area off of Hills & Memorial,I feel for you stay strong finfans are more then fan were a family hit me up at geod305-yahoocom

the fin said:
Hello All,

Obviously you can tell by the number of my posts that I am usually in lurking mode. However, due to recent events in my life I have been forced to withdraw from my shell. My wife and I purchased 6 tickets to the Hall of Fame induction ceremony, and we were planning to make a vacation out of it. Well, to make a long story short, she came home from a business trip last week and told me she didn't love me anymore and we were through after 10 years of marriage and with a 4 year old son. I was a stay at home dad for three years so she could pursue her career. Needless to say, being a stay at home dad wasn't easy and I really was looking forward to some time away with my family, while getting to see the greatest QB of all time get his day in the sun. Now I have six tickets and no one to go with. I am entertaining the idea of going anyway but I was hoping there might be some fellow fin fans who don't have tickets that would consider sharing expenses for a 3 day road trip to see The Man get his due. I would consider getting together with a couple people and selling the remaining tickets to help pay for some of my expenses. Bottom line is that I am just starting to accept my situation and I want to start getting on with my life. Please respond with any interest or suggestions. Obviously given my current situation, preference will be given to members of the fairer sex :D

Thanks Fin Fans!

You just found out last week that your wife doesn't love you anymore and you have already given up on her and are ready to go away with a total stranger (preferably a member of the fairer sex as you put it)?

You must have really loved her?

i hope everything works out for you..trust me your son will be your guiding light

Blue Fin,

The remark about a member of the fairer sex was a joke. My wife has moved on OK, she is with someone else. She travels 50% of the time and has been carrying on an affair for some time. I spent the last week trying to get her to go to a counselor with me and she has refused saying only that "it's over, i've checked out of this relationship". As a matter of fact, she is on a "business trip" right now and hasn't even bothered to call and check on her son. Try to understand where i am coming from, my life has been turned upside down, I am worried about losing my son who I have spent each and every day with for the last 3 years. My post may have seemed unserious at the end, but trust me the effect on my life has been devastating.

the fin said:
Blue Fin,

The remark about a member of the fairer sex was a joke. My wife has moved on OK, she is with someone else. She travels 50% of the time and has been carrying on an affair for some time. I spent the last week trying to get her to go to a counselor with me and she has refused saying only that "it's over, i've checked out of this relationship". As a matter of fact, she is on a "business trip" right now and hasn't even bothered to call and check on her son. Try to understand where i am coming from, my life has been turned upside down, I am worried about losing my son who I have spent each and every day with for the last 3 years. My post may have seemed unserious at the end, but trust me the effect on my life has been devastating.

No offense intended, but your original post gave the impression that you were hit out of the blue with this news last week that she didn't love you anymore, and I just found it odd that you were already trolling, and ready to go away on a trip with another woman a mere week later.

I'd get a good lawyer.

Back
Top Bottom