Attention Tampa Bay/Central Florida Fins Fans: Please Read | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Attention Tampa Bay/Central Florida Fins Fans: Please Read

the fin said:
Blue Fin,

The remark about a member of the fairer sex was a joke. My wife has moved on OK, she is with someone else. She travels 50% of the time and has been carrying on an affair for some time. I spent the last week trying to get her to go to a counselor with me and she has refused saying only that "it's over, i've checked out of this relationship". As a matter of fact, she is on a "business trip" right now and hasn't even bothered to call and check on her son. Try to understand where i am coming from, my life has been turned upside down, I am worried about losing my son who I have spent each and every day with for the last 3 years. My post may have seemed unserious at the end, but trust me the effect on my life has been devastating.

There are two kinds of women. Wh0res and chicks who can fly. I ain't seen one fly yet.

the fin said:
Hello All,

Obviously you can tell by the number of my posts that I am usually in lurking mode. However, due to recent events in my life I have been forced to withdraw from my shell. My wife and I purchased 6 tickets to the Hall of Fame induction ceremony, and we were planning to make a vacation out of it. Well, to make a long story short, she came home from a business trip last week and told me she didn't love me anymore and we were through after 10 years of marriage and with a 4 year old son. I was a stay at home dad for three years so she could pursue her career. Needless to say, being a stay at home dad wasn't easy and I really was looking forward to some time away with my family, while getting to see the greatest QB of all time get his day in the sun. Now I have six tickets and no one to go with. I am entertaining the idea of going anyway but I was hoping there might be some fellow fin fans who don't have tickets that would consider sharing expenses for a 3 day road trip to see The Man get his due. I would consider getting together with a couple people and selling the remaining tickets to help pay for some of my expenses. Bottom line is that I am just starting to accept my situation and I want to start getting on with my life. Please respond with any interest or suggestions. Obviously given my current situation, preference will be given to members of the fairer sex :D

Thanks Fin Fans!

sorry about the situation, i have tickets to the game (good ones) but none for the induction cermony. i would be interested in purchasing some tics. I am 15 minutes from hall of fame if you need any help/tips. email cpusurplus@neo.rr.com

this is a perfect time to pull a mcmichael! (kidding)

Icecube was SO right. They are all bitche$

the fin said:
Blue Fin,

The remark about a member of the fairer sex was a joke. My wife has moved on OK, she is with someone else. She travels 50% of the time and has been carrying on an affair for some time. I spent the last week trying to get her to go to a counselor with me and she has refused saying only that "it's over, i've checked out of this relationship". As a matter of fact, she is on a "business trip" right now and hasn't even bothered to call and check on her son. Try to understand where i am coming from, my life has been turned upside down, I am worried about losing my son who I have spent each and every day with for the last 3 years. My post may have seemed unserious at the end, but trust me the effect on my life has been devastating.

Man, I will tell you this, right now your son should be your #1 priority. I am helping a friend (he even had to sleep on our couch last night) going through the exact same thing. Not the stay at home Dad thing but his wife decided to "fall out of love" with him and find someone else. If your wife is gone emotionally you have no choice but to do was is right and NOT follow in behind her and do the same thing that she is. Then you would have no place to complain about what she has done. You be the Dad that you are suppsosed to and you will be much better off. I am watching my friend struggle every day to get her back and it makes her more mad and more distant because his "being good" to her puts focus on how she is acting and to someone that is living the life that she is doesn't want the focus on that, they are trying to make anger the focus to try and justify their actions. It gives her a so called reason for doing it. Be a better man and father and she will see that eventually. If she doesn't, one day soon your son will and he will have more respect for you because of what you did in a horrible situation. It will make him a better man one day. Don't do anything that will make you lose that with your son. It may take him 10 years to realize the reality of what's going on (most likely more like 5) but one day he will.
Stay strong and my family will be praying for your family.

the fin said:
Blue Fin,

buddy, i feel for you but there's plenty of fish in the sea... and you'll always be the father of your son, noone will ever take that away from you. i'm almost in the same situation as you but i have 2 kids. and i'll be damned to let a women bring me down so stop mopein around and get your life in gear if not for you then for your son....god speed man and be strong !!!

hey fin,
I live in Gainesville and I might be interested in going with you if you still up for the trip. I have a few questions like do you already have hotel room, do you have just induction tix or both with game?? Also, what would the spliting end up costing me. I would probably be just me going and I know this is a hard time in your life but I am sure it would be fun. Let me know. You can email me at travelingtim at hotmail or i will check on this post. Thanks.

im not able to go to the hall of fame wit u but wanted to say keep ur head up be there for your child and may god bless u

Hey man, tough break. I had the same thing happen to me, but I was in the military over seas at the time. I came back ten months later and wound up working it out. Anyway, I am deployed right now to Iraq, and as you can tell by my post numbers I am pretty much a lurker as well. I wanted to ask you about the timeline of what youre planning. What were you thinking about? I also wanted to know whether you would be bringing your son as well. I have a son that I would consider bringing if you were bringing yours. I also have family in Ohio, that if I were able to swing the trip, we could have a free place to stay I think. Anyway, E-mail me with your plans and Ill talk to my wife and see if I can swing it. I will be home for a few weeks around the beginning of August. Thanks for the invite. My E-mail address is ryan_sr at yahoo. I cant post an E-mail address cause I apparently dont have 5 posts.

I just wanted to chime in with a little support. Life has some cruel twists to it. Hang in there.

Every one thanks for the thoughts and prayers. For all those expressing interest in the tix, bear with me for a little while longer while I try to sort out the details. I will get back to everyone asap. My wife is coming home from her "business trip" tonight and is taking my son with her over to my mother-in-laws house. So tonight I will have a little time to think about things and decide exactly what my plan is concerning the tix.

Thanks again to all.

the fin said:
Blue Fin,

I kind of figured she was doing soimething like that. That's why I didn't hold it against you and kind of figured it was a half joke too. Just a misunderstanding with the other dude who wrote that message. (BUMP again!)

the fin said:
Hello All,

Obviously you can tell by the number of my posts that I am usually in lurking mode. However, due to recent events in my life I have been forced to withdraw from my shell. My wife and I purchased 6 tickets to the Hall of Fame induction ceremony, and we were planning to make a vacation out of it. Well, to make a long story short, she came home from a business trip last week and told me she didn't love me anymore and we were through after 10 years of marriage and with a 4 year old son. I was a stay at home dad for three years so she could pursue her career. Needless to say, being a stay at home dad wasn't easy and I really was looking forward to some time away with my family, while getting to see the greatest QB of all time get his day in the sun. Now I have six tickets and no one to go with. I am entertaining the idea of going anyway but I was hoping there might be some fellow fin fans who don't have tickets that would consider sharing expenses for a 3 day road trip to see The Man get his due. I would consider getting together with a couple people and selling the remaining tickets to help pay for some of my expenses. Bottom line is that I am just starting to accept my situation and I want to start getting on with my life. Please respond with any interest or suggestions. Obviously given my current situation, preference will be given to members of the fairer sex :D

Thanks Fin Fans!

That sucks bro. I would love to go, But I dont have the cash and I am not a member of the fairer sex.Hey there are plenty of fish in the sea so good luck catching them, hopefully for you will get one with a nice ***.

TPAfinz (and all who have expressed interest in going)

My "wife" and I just had a blowout a little while ago concerning a settlement proposal outlined by my attorney. So it looks like this has the potential to get ugly real fast. To be honest with all of you I may not have an answer until Monday when I talk to my attorney again about what I should be doing/acting like right now. I have a feeling she is going to suggest that I play the victim for a little while longer so it doesn't look like I'm on vacation instead of staying at home taking care of the house and continuing to be the stay at home dad at all times. If that's the case I will be forced to sell all 6 of my tix, I'll let all of you know by Monday at the latest. Thanks for hanging in there with me fellow fins fans. The support you guys have shown has helped a lot.

i am very sorry about your situation. Ive been toying with the idea of going up there. Financially though im a little strapped being that i purchased season tickets and everything. I know we still got a couple of weeks so dont count me out. I mean as far as Marino goes hes the reason I started loving the franchise. One of my uncles went to high school with him in Pittsburgh and I am from Pittsburgh plus he went to our home altamater Pitt. I mean hes the greatest qb alive and it kills me that i may not be able to see him. I am also in the military so it makes it even harder to get leave and things of that nature. I dont want you to think no one cares and i also want you to know im entertaining the idea but am strapped on cash. God bless you and your family and i hope all works out

Back
Top Bottom