Attitude | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Attitude

multistage

Club Member
Reaction score
For all the speculation of why we are the way we are, I expect it can be summed up in one word:

Attitude.

Look, we don’t have Marino, Little, Keuch, Dwight, Nat, Paul, Vern, Nick, or any of the other greats. I get that.

But this is the NFL, a professional league. These guys are the best of the best. Some more than others, but still the best.

I believe that Parker can be turned. If he allows that to happen. No different than Phillips. Same deal. Drake and X have shown they are hungry. I truly believe we have yet to see Tannehill’s best.

Landry can excel, if he keeps his **** together and quits wigging out.

We need a wrecking machine D end, and help with LBs. I see Harris pegged another sack yesterday. He will develop. Cam is getting old, no disrespect, happens to everybody. A 36 year old D end is impressive in its own right. DT looks good to go. LB is a hot mess. We need two LBs. Right now. I say two because we can’t afford three with the current mess.

O line is a wreck. Imagine Drake with another decent back and a serious O line.

Three O line guys. A RB. A fire and forget D end. We get out QB back (he’s fine, don’t argue with me, lest you display your new guy status).
2 LBs.

And a badass TE. Young, hungry, and big.

That’s 8 guys. Secondary (with the return of Lippett) is good. LBs (with two who understand the concept as well as the return of Raekwon) is good. Another D end and we are set there.

Three pissed off O line guys (cutting the dead weight), a RB to help Drake, and a TE (keep Fasano, cheap and a badass blocker) and for Gods sake build a fire under Parker.

Point is, we nearly have the players. Pretty close.

It’s attitude.

Juice’s bullshit. Parker spraining an ankle while drinking from a fountain. Tunsil blowing his natural position. Pouncey getting by on his past. Kiko playing like some guy off the street. Jones being a shadow of previous years. Timmons makes his own rules. Thomas does the same, but even lazier. Branch downshifting after payday. On and on.

It’s all attitude. And it is more critical to fix this first, and THEN cut and replace. No more washed up guys that expect to get paid off what they did five years ago (for somebody else).

This used to be a glory job. Good money, tax incentives, winning team with the best coach, live where it’s always summer....

Now, Miami is where you go after you kicked ass on your rookie contract. You get paid highest dollar to **** off and recuperate from your first four years. Then when your lucrative Miami contract expires, you sign with someone else and go back to being a badass again.

Attitude.

For all the speculation of why we are the way we are, I expect it can be summed up in one word:

Attitude.

Look, we don’t have Marino, Little, Keuch, Dwight, Nat, Paul, Vern, Nick, or any of the other greats. I get that.

But this is the NFL, a professional league. These guys are the best of the best. Some more than others, but still the best.

I believe that Parker can be turned. If he allows that to happen. No different than Phillips. Same deal. Drake and X have shown they are hungry. I truly believe we have yet to see Tannehill’s best.

Landry can excel, if he keeps his **** together and quits wigging out.

We need a wrecking machine D end, and help with LBs. I see Harris pegged another sack yesterday. He will develop. Cam is getting old, no disrespect, happens to everybody. A 36 year old D end is impressive in its own right. DT looks good to go. LB is a hot mess. We need two LBs. Right now. I say two because we can’t afford three with the current mess.

O line is a wreck. Imagine Drake with another decent back and a serious O line.

Three O line guys. A RB. A fire and forget D end. We get out QB back (he’s fine, don’t argue with me, lest you display your new guy status).
2 LBs.

And a badass TE. Young, hungry, and big.

That’s 8 guys. Secondary (with the return of Lippett) is good. LBs (with two who understand the concept as well as the return of Raekwon) is good. Another D end and we are set there.

Three pissed off O line guys (cutting the dead weight), a RB to help Drake, and a TE (keep Fasano, cheap and a badass blocker) and for Gods sake build a fire under Parker.

Point is, we nearly have the players. Pretty close.

It’s attitude.

Juice’s bullshit. Parker spraining an ankle while drinking from a fountain. Tunsil blowing his natural position. Pouncey getting by on his past. Kiko playing like some guy off the street. Jones being a shadow of previous years. Timmons makes his own rules. Thomas does the same, but even lazier. Branch downshifting after payday. On and on.

It’s all attitude. And it is more critical to fix this first, and THEN cut and replace. No more washed up guys that expect to get paid off what they did five years ago (for somebody else).

This used to be a glory job. Good money, tax incentives, winning team with the best coach, live where it’s always summer....

Now, Miami is where you go after you kicked *** on your rookie contract. You get paid highest dollar to **** off and recuperate from your first four years. Then when your lucrative Miami contract expires, you sign with someone else and go back to being a badass again.

Attitude.
I agree that we’re not as far away as some think. Your assessment is spot on. Another draft or two and we might be loaded.

I agree that we’re not as far away as some think. Your assessment is spot on. Another draft or two and we might be loaded.

As long as that draft or two is handled correctly. Free agency as well.

Look at Dion Jordan. Flipped us the bird for three years. Went to Seattle and started playing football. Why? Why wouldn’t he do that for us?

Attitude. And this is a learned trait. Guys don’t come to Miami planning to kick back.

They are picking that little skill up after they get here.

Find out why, fix it decisively, and by God we’ll have ourselves a team.

Reactions: BSQ
As long as that draft or two is handled correctly. Free agency as well.

Look at Dion Jordan. Flipped us the bird for three years. Went to Seattle and started playing football. Why? Why wouldn’t he do that for us?

Attitude. And this is a learned trait. Guys don’t come to Miami planning to kick back.

They are picking that little skill up after they get here.

Find out why, fix it decisively, and by God we’ll have ourselves a team.

What did you say Dion Jordan? That's the comparison you want to go with?

This team has been playing not to lose since Marino left. A be careful type of approach.

We need to cut loose all the time every time. AN INFUSION OF SUPER AGGRESSIVENESS CONSISTENTLY. RELEASE THE ALPHAS.

very DIFFICULT to get things right when your
defensive tackle will have the 2nd highest cap hit (of any players)
in 2018

As good as Suh is a $26 million dollar cap hit is beyond absurd

Look at it this way Suh's cap hit of $26.1 million
would get you a 2018

Aaron Donald @ $6,892,000
Brandon Graham @$7,750,000
Gerald McCoy @ $12,750,000

Sure. Why not? Classic example of yet another guy who came here, dicked around, got turned loose, signed with another team and THEN decided to play football. An example both easy and recent.

Jordan is doing pretty good in Seattle
He has 3 sacks in 4 games

or 105 defensive snaps...He has more sacks
in limited time than anyone on our defense
not Named Suh,Wake,or Branch

I think we gave knucklehead a viable shot to succeed, he ****ed us

Jordan is doing pretty good in Seattle
He has 3 sacks in 4 games

or 105 defensive snaps...He has more sacks
in limited time than anyone on our defense
not Named Suh,Wake,or Branch

All by himself?

Maybe it's like someone said before. Could it be that players get complacent after they end up in Miami? Are they just happy to be in a place with good weather and a great nightlife scene year round? Are they happy just making big bucks and maybe don't give a damn how they are on the field?

I think what this team is lacking is the right attitude and the makeup not to let other teams get into there head. There is a discipline that is missing from all the extra penalties this year. We need to play smarter and stay tough mentally.

We need....Dan Campbell to come back and take up a new role: “AC” - “Attitude Coordinator”.

Let him open a can of whoopass on the team like he did 2 years back and watch the alphas “alpha”.

Our attitude certainly was not a problem when he took over. We unloaded all of fhat pent up Philbinitis on the unsuspecting Titans and then dropped 41 by halftime on the Texans. 41! I don’t recall even doing that when #13 was playing QB here. We went toe to toe in a slugfest w Baltimore (yeah I know Matt Schaub played) but I was at that game. It was black and blue w vicious hitting - and we took every blow and gave it right back and then some. Then we punched out the softass Chip Kelley and his finesse Eagles and finally beat the **** out of the Pats to derail their homefield and cost them a SB appearance in all likelihood. Yeah I know we lost 7 to 5 wins.

My point is this: I agree attitude can be taught. Heck, we saw it change over a bye week just by changing out a non-alpha dunce for a meat and potatoes tough guy. Perhaps Gase can be the guy that inspires this attitude. If not, surround yourself w coaches that bring it and build a culture where playing at the line - and knowing how to remain disciplined become the expectation and the norm.

Back
Top Bottom