Attitude | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Attitude

We need....Dan Campbell to come back and take up a new role: “AC” - “Attitude Coordinator”.

Let him open a can of whoopass on the team like he did 2 years back and watch the alphas “alpha”.

Our attitude certainly was not a problem when he took over. We unloaded all of fhat pent up Philbinitis on the unsuspecting Titans and then dropped 41 by halftime on the Texans. 41! I don’t recall even doing that when #13 was playing QB here. We went toe to toe in a slugfest w Baltimore (yeah I know Matt Schaub played) but I was at that game. It was black and blue w vicious hitting - and we took every blow and gave it right back and then some. Then we punched out the softass Chip Kelley and his finesse Eagles and finally beat the **** out of the Pats to derail their homefield and cost them a SB appearance in all likelihood. Yeah I know we lost 7 to 5 wins.

My point is this: I agree attitude can be taught. Heck, we saw it change over a bye week just by changing out a non-alpha dunce for a meat and potatoes tough guy. Perhaps Gase can be the guy that inspires this attitude. If not, surround yourself w coaches that bring it and build a culture where playing at the line - and knowing how to remain disciplined become the expectation and the norm.
I like what Coach Campbell brought to this team. He will better for it in the future. I saw him on the NFL recommended list for head coaching candidates. I wish him nothing but the best!

I like what Coach Campbell brought to this team. He will better for it in the future. I saw him on the NFL recommended list for head coaching candidates. I wish him nothing but the best!
I’d love to see him get a shot - seems like a great guy - authentic and players play for him. I’d love for our team to play w the same attitude as when he was here!

I’d love to see him get a shot - seems like a great guy - authentic and players play for him. I’d love for our team to play w the same attitude as when he was here!
Bro I think he has a I am who I am attitude and come off as real rather then a coach who will tell you what you want to hear.

Last edited:
We need....Dan Campbell to come back and take up a new role: “AC” - “Attitude Coordinator”..

Was Campbell really that good or was it the team rebounding after taking over for a bad coach getting fire???

While I do think he deserves some real credit, his name doesn't seem to come up for HC positions when they are open.

We have several holes obviously, but most teams do. But good QB play makes all the difference in the world. Look at SF, they were 1-10 until Garoppolo began playing and they haven't lost since.

If Ryan had played this year and continued to improve this team would have likely made the playoffs again. We need to improve in several areas by next season but if Ryan comes back healthy and ready to play I think we'll be right in the playoff mix again. And if they succeed in improving the OL, getting a threat at TE and improving the LBs on defense then I think they could do some damage in the postseason

We have several holes obviously, but most teams do. But good QB play makes all the difference in the world. Look at SF, they were 1-10 until Garoppolo began playing and they haven't lost since.

If Ryan had played this year and continued to improve this team would have likely made the playoffs again. We need to improve in several areas by next season but if Ryan comes back healthy and ready to play I think we'll be right in the playoff mix again. And if they succeed in improving the OL, getting a threat at TE and improving the LBs on defense then I think they could do some damage in the postseason

Nothing highlights more clearly the necessity for quality QB play. RT would have made a difference.

How to fix this team has to be the most divisive topic ever. I read a lot of posts here, and to me it's simple: Miami lacks talent. Coaches have come and gone. Hard to believe all these coaches were idiots. When last did Miami draft or sign a TRANSCENDING player? A player that gets off to record breaking starts or takes the league by storm? We're kind of just a conservative team, that makes conservative choices and it reflects on this team year in and year out.

Jordan is doing pretty good in Seattle
He has 3 sacks in 4 games

or 105 defensive snaps...He has more sacks
in limited time than anyone on our defense
not Named Suh,Wake,or Branch

And once he gets paid he’ll start using again. He’s run out of money and now he’s motivated. Awesome.

And once he gets paid he’ll start using again. He’s run out of money and now he’s motivated. Awesome.

It's great that you can see into the future...Power Ball is pretty "High"
and I'm pretty sure with $640,000 you can afford to use drugs if that's what you want

It's great that you can see into the future...Power Ball is pretty "High"
and I'm pretty sure with $640,000 you can afford to use drugs if that's what you want

Clever reply. It’s a prediction based on history and statistics and these are factors GM’s will and should take into account when giving this Bozo and large contract. But I will play the Power Ball tomorrow just for you.

We need....Dan Campbell to come back and take up a new role: “AC” - “Attitude Coordinator”.

Let him open a can of whoopass on the team like he did 2 years back and watch the alphas “alpha”.

Our attitude certainly was not a problem when he took over. We unloaded all of fhat pent up Philbinitis on the unsuspecting Titans and then dropped 41 by halftime on the Texans. 41! I don’t recall even doing that when #13 was playing QB here. We went toe to toe in a slugfest w Baltimore (yeah I know Matt Schaub played) but I was at that game. It was black and blue w vicious hitting - and we took every blow and gave it right back and then some. Then we punched out the softass Chip Kelley and his finesse Eagles and finally beat the **** out of the Pats to derail their homefield and cost them a SB appearance in all likelihood. Yeah I know we lost 7 to 5 wins.

My point is this: I agree attitude can be taught. Heck, we saw it change over a bye week just by changing out a non-alpha dunce for a meat and potatoes tough guy. Perhaps Gase can be the guy that inspires this attitude. If not, surround yourself w coaches that bring it and build a culture where playing at the line - and knowing how to remain disciplined become the expectation and the norm.

I wish they would have kept Dan Campbell as head coach instead of hiring Adam Gase. I would have loved to see what he could have done with an entire offseason and new OC and DC.

We’re 8 players short? Out of 22? And that’s ‘pretty close’? That’s nearly 40% of the team. And we have very few ways of acquiring better players in those 8 positions. In fact we might be losing one or two of the 14.

For all the speculation of why we are the way we are, I expect it can be summed up in one word:

Attitude.

Look, we don’t have Marino, Little, Keuch, Dwight, Nat, Paul, Vern, Nick, or any of the other greats. I get that.

But this is the NFL, a professional league. These guys are the best of the best. Some more than others, but still the best.

I believe that Parker can be turned. If he allows that to happen. No different than Phillips. Same deal. Drake and X have shown they are hungry. I truly believe we have yet to see Tannehill’s best.

Landry can excel, if he keeps his **** together and quits wigging out.

We need a wrecking machine D end, and help with LBs. I see Harris pegged another sack yesterday. He will develop. Cam is getting old, no disrespect, happens to everybody. A 36 year old D end is impressive in its own right. DT looks good to go. LB is a hot mess. We need two LBs. Right now. I say two because we can’t afford three with the current mess.

O line is a wreck. Imagine Drake with another decent back and a serious O line.

Three O line guys. A RB. A fire and forget D end. We get out QB back (he’s fine, don’t argue with me, lest you display your new guy status).
2 LBs.

And a badass TE. Young, hungry, and big.

That’s 8 guys. Secondary (with the return of Lippett) is good. LBs (with two who understand the concept as well as the return of Raekwon) is good. Another D end and we are set there.

Three pissed off O line guys (cutting the dead weight), a RB to help Drake, and a TE (keep Fasano, cheap and a badass blocker) and for Gods sake build a fire under Parker.

Point is, we nearly have the players. Pretty close.

It’s attitude.

Juice’s bullshit. Parker spraining an ankle while drinking from a fountain. Tunsil blowing his natural position. Pouncey getting by on his past. Kiko playing like some guy off the street. Jones being a shadow of previous years. Timmons makes his own rules. Thomas does the same, but even lazier. Branch downshifting after payday. On and on.

It’s all attitude. And it is more critical to fix this first, and THEN cut and replace. No more washed up guys that expect to get paid off what they did five years ago (for somebody else).

This used to be a glory job. Good money, tax incentives, winning team with the best coach, live where it’s always summer....

Now, Miami is where you go after you kicked *** on your rookie contract. You get paid highest dollar to **** off and recuperate from your first four years. Then when your lucrative Miami contract expires, you sign with someone else and go back to being a badass again.

Attitude.
This is where your coach comes into play and why he gets paid the big bucks, to bring that "Attitude" and set the tone for the team....now and for years to come. I believe Gase wants to trim the fat and as you say light a fire under not only Parker but the entire teams a$$. Our young players played pretty good this season not withstanding some hick ups along the way, we had a good draft for the first time in a long time that I can remember...... we just need to continue to build on that. If we can't cut or trade player because of their contract status, you better believe we are going to have some expensive back ups come 2018.

The underlining problem that I see is the lack of trust by some fans in the ability of the front office to accomplish this task, I really believe that this front office has not done as bad a job that we continue to complain about. I would be the first to admit that mistakes have been made up and down this roster,players such as Kiko and Branch (and others) are grossly overpaid, not in terms of dollars based on the position they play but the fact that they are declining before our very eyes or just plain out suck.......they pay cannot be justified based on their level of performance anymore, trust me I get that, but this front office has also given us a good young secondary and WR core, two good RBs (before 1 was traded) not to mention the interior of out Dline should be set for the next couple of years, these are building blocks for the future...........oh yeah we're not done yet.

We have to give Gase the time he needs to fix the roster and change the culture (Attitude) of the team, he cannot do it in two years he needs at least five. I believe Gase is our coach of the future and I for one am happy to have him here, aren't we sick and tired of playing musical chairs with the Head Coaching position? I don't see him going anywhere anytime soon, and he shouldn't have to.

QB driven league. Draft a QB with the top 10 pick we have this year. Or possibly move back in draft and get additional picks. Draft QB to compete with Tanny or groom under him so we have a backup plan. Must have a developing QB on roster every year. Then after 1st round QB Draft Oline LB and TE. Continue this process until you find a Fng QB!

QB driven league. Draft a QB with the top 10 pick we have this year. Or possibly move back in draft and get additional picks. Draft QB to compete with Tanny or groom under him so we have a backup plan. Must have a developing QB on roster every year. Then after 1st round QB Draft Oline LB and TE. Continue this process until you find a Fng QB!
I've advocated for a long time moving back in the draft and picking up additional picks because of the amount of holes we have to fill.
What I don't entirely subscribe to is the notion that we should be grooming a QB under Tannehill, the QB position on this team needs a healthy dose of competition.

Back
Top Bottom