Attn fellow Ricky Williams authentic jersey owners | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Attn fellow Ricky Williams authentic jersey owners

InMyChambers

Sniper
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you are. I bought an authentic off ebay a couple years ago hoping it would last me a good 8 years or so. well obviously we are SOL now but I think we are in a better boat than the people who bought the replicas (even if our's cost more.) I'm wondering if a place exists and if they can do a good enough job to rip off the 3's and "Williams" on my jersey and replace it with 8's and Chambers? Obviously this wouldn't be worth doing if it cost more than $40 or so. Anyone have any ideas of how to get this done? It'd be really nice if you could buy the letters and numbers yourself and then just sew them on instead of having to do everything from scratch.

I cant believe i got that jersey.........but sorry, i have no idea were u could get something liek that done.

InMyChambers said:
I'm in the same boat as you are. I bought an authentic off ebay a couple years ago hoping it would last me a good 8 years or so. well obviously we are SOL now but I think we are in a better boat than the people who bought the replicas (even if our's cost more.) I'm wondering if a place exists and if they can do a good enough job to rip off the 3's and "Williams" on my jersey and replace it with 8's and Chambers? Obviously this wouldn't be worth doing if it cost more than $40 or so. Anyone have any ideas of how to get this done? It'd be really nice if you could buy the letters and numbers yourself and then just sew them on instead of having to do everything from scratch.
man i would get the williams removed and just put your last name on it then
you dont have to worry about a player quiting or going to another team thats
what i am going to do.

rickysux said:
man i would get the williams removed and just put your last name on it then
you dont have to worry about a player quiting or going to another team thats
what i am going to do.

if i wanted to do that i would just lie and tell people my last name is "williams" and it was coincidence RW came to the dolphins and picked the same number i did :lol:

InMyChambers said:
if i wanted to do that i would just lie and tell people my last name is "williams" and it was coincidence RW came to the dolphins and picked the same number i did :lol:

:spit:

I know it's possible, you just got to find a place that has the matching numbers and letters. A friend of mine does that with UNC jerseys- he takes the ones he has and adds names to them for autographing.

I still wear my jersey, I can care less what anybody thinks are says, I paid to much money for it not to wear it. Plus I'm a big guy not to many people will say much about it anyway :cooldude:

2-talll said:
I know it's possible, you just got to find a place that has the matching numbers and letters. A friend of mine does that with UNC jerseys- he takes the ones he has and adds names to them for autographing.

do you know where he had it done and how much?

InMyChambers said:
Sorry bud...you're screwed.

I play semi-pro baseball here in the L.A. area. We get our jersey's done with the same materials as the pro jerseys. Doesn't cost much. Like 3-4 dollars a letter. That's like two color tackle twill. Try and find a place that does your local high school uni's. They should be able to do a good job at replacing the dirt with Chambers 84.

If your in the So. Cal. area I can point you in the right direction. I'm doing the same thing with my authentic too.

InMyChambers said:

I'm just waiting for a new player to get that number, and I'm going to Champs sports, and have his name put on the back. That's what I did to my old Cecil Collins jersey when they got Ricky.

Both the Authentics, and Replicas look fine with a new name.

I think I'm just going to get a bunch of numbers and some velcro. That way I can change the jersey from year to year or even week to week! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom