Attn fellow Ricky Williams authentic jersey owners | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Attn fellow Ricky Williams authentic jersey owners

Check EBay. I see numbers on there form time to time. Teh name will be harder to match.

I found a place that you can send your Jersey, Its 65 dollars but I paid 265.00 for my green and 300 for my orange jersey so 65 dollars isn't as bad as walking around with a rickey jersey.
its called teamdepot
sorry,I don't post enough to send a link.
Just type the name in the address bar and you should get there.

whampa1 said:
I found a place that you can send your Jersey, Its 65 dollars but I paid 265.00 for my green and 300 for my orange jersey so 65 dollars isn't as bad as walking around with a rickey jersey.
its called teamdepot
sorry,I don't post enough to send a link.
Just type the name in the address bar and you should get there.
All you have to do is copy and paste the address from the address bar into your reply here.

InMyChambers said:
if i wanted to do that i would just lie and tell people my last name is "williams" and it was coincidence RW came to the dolphins and picked the same number i did :lol:

lol... :D

[]´s
God Bless US!!!

InMyChambers said:
I'm in the same boat as you are. I bought an authentic off ebay a couple years ago hoping it would last me a good 8 years or so. well obviously we are SOL now but I think we are in a better boat than the people who bought the replicas (even if our's cost more.) I'm wondering if a place exists and if they can do a good enough job to rip off the 3's and "Williams" on my jersey and replace it with 8's and Chambers? Obviously this wouldn't be worth doing if it cost more than $40 or so. Anyone have any ideas of how to get this done? It'd be really nice if you could buy the letters and numbers yourself and then just sew them on instead of having to do everything from scratch.
Last season there was an article in the Sun-Sentinel about the woman who runs the company that fixes all the 'Phins jerseys every week. They fix holes, replace names, numbers, etc. They customize certain things about the uniforms to meet player requests. It was a good article.

Anyway, e-mail Skolnik, I think he's the one who wrote it, and he's usually good about replying to his e-mails. Find out the name of the place, contact them, and send it there.

That's my suggestion. Get it done by the place who does the same thing for the team.

Just like to say thanks to whampa1. Although I sent my jersey out a couple days before the start of the season and just received it today the quality of the new letters and numbers is excellent. I would recommend them but they definitely take their time. However, perhaps this is their busy season and why it took so long.

But just to give any other Ricky Williams sufferer's the heads up... I'm much happier with my new authentic Chambers jersey. :)

I would go the TeamDepot way. The seamstress for the Dolphins, Anna doesn't have the numbers and letters. The equipment department sends them to her with the jersey they are doing. One of our employees has had his Ricky changed by teamdepot and if it is any color than orange they can change the name plate too. His orange jersey is customized with out the name plate due to them not having the correct color orange. Hope I helped!

You wanna know what's sad? I bought one YESTERDAY for $20 because I need it for my costume on Halloween.

I talked to the folks at the proshop (miamidolphins pro shop) Shes got a list of people that do it, i think when i called ot was $6 for the numbers and $1.50 for the letters. I don't hve the info anymore but you could call the pro shop and find out.

InMyChambers said:
I'm in the same boat as you are. I bought an authentic off ebay a couple years ago hoping it would last me a good 8 years or so. well obviously we are SOL now but I think we are in a better boat than the people who bought the replicas (even if our's cost more.) I'm wondering if a place exists and if they can do a good enough job to rip off the 3's and "Williams" on my jersey and replace it with 8's and Chambers? Obviously this wouldn't be worth doing if it cost more than $40 or so. Anyone have any ideas of how to get this done? It'd be really nice if you could buy the letters and numbers yourself and then just sew them on instead of having to do everything from scratch.
I'll take the jersey off your hands.

u defintely can take it to a place and have new numbers and name put on the back. It's something like 5 bucks per letter (or something around there) and a little more for a numbers. It will probably run u about 50 bucks to get the Jersey changed!

Back
Top Bottom