Austin Jackson back at practice | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Austin Jackson back at practice

His separation comes vertically. I think that is why he has one of the highest percentages of contested catches. The cornerback is always around but DVP outplays them for the ball with good positioning coupled with freakish leaping ability and length.
That don't inspire confident from a qb perspective.

That don't inspire confident from a qb perspective.
I'm going do disagree with that as a blanket statement.

If a QB has good ball placement, that type of size/athleticism combo can be easy money in a lot of situations, not to mention that contested plays often result in PI calls these days.

You rarely see DVP quit on a route, and never on a contested reception.

If a QB has good ball placement, that type of size/athleticism combo can be easy money in a lot of situations, not to mention that contested plays often result in PI calls these days.

He has REALLY matured. None of that was true in his early years.

Good point. However it would be nice to see DVP get separation once a while. The fact that he never separate is troublesome.

Good point. However it would be nice to see DVP get separation once a while. The fact that he never separate is troublesome.
I understand, but I think he is what he is. He has decent straight line speed, but isn't particularly "sudden" out of his breaks.

Also, the type of routes he seems to be good at, slants, crossers, etc are not condusive to beating a safety over the top.

Add to this, our QBs time before the ball has to come out is far less than league average, and route combos, defensive zone pass offs, deep posts, etc do not have a lot of time to develop.

It will get better as the O-line improves, giving plays/players more time to work.

I understand, but I think he is what he is. He has decent straight line speed, but isn't particularly "sudden" out of his breaks.
What that tell me is he rely on his natural ability, his size, long arms, jumping ability, and has not worked on his craft. And we all gave him enough time already. We should serious looking at a alpha type wr in the high rounds.

as i said, i'm okay with it.

a shame for hunt to go to the bench though, if he's been playing well and improving.
Nothing is permanent. Important part is we got to see Hunt and he held his own. Even more importantly, this discussion has always been "who the hell we starting" not "who we forced to sit."

Being forced to bench a reliable Olineman is a landmark achievement in my book.

Nothing is permanent. Important part is we got to see Hunt and he held his own. Even more importantly, this discussion has always been "who the hell we starting" not "who we forced to sit."

Being forced to bench a reliable Olineman, even for 1 game, is a landmark achievement in my book.
True, true.

I saw Jesse has some sort of leg injury going on, so it might be Hunt after all.

No idea how serious it is.

So Austin has practiced all week (I think), but we have to wait until Sunday to see if he's activated from injured reserve?

Would we cut someone in AZ (maybe leave them there)?

What that tell me is he rely on his natural ability, his size, long arms, jumping ability, and has not worked on his craft. And we all gave him enough time already. We should serious looking at a alpha type wr in the high rounds.
Just because you aren't a fan of the player doesn't qualify you to determine how much he works on his craft.

Much closer to disqualifies you.

I doubt Howard has had 10 rush attempts that weren't either short yardage dive plays up the middle or attempts where he was looking at a defender as soon as he took the hand off. Not saying he's looked good this year but he hasn't a lot of opportunity to shine either. It looks like he has four short yardage first down conversions, three short yardage tds, I know there were two or three shortage plays failed and at least three or four other plays here he was hit at or near the mesh point after the hand off. That's 12 or 14 of his 18 carries that were short gains or loses due to play call/design or blocking issues. Again, I'm not saying Howard is a great back or even a good one, just that 18 attempts he's had in Miami aren't all we should judge him on.
Thats pretty much what I saw as well. Ive heard grumblings on here that the team thought he was out if shape. Not sure if that's true.

Just because you aren't a fan of the player doesn't qualify you to determine how much he works on his craft.

Much closer to disqualifies you.
So you qualify to determine he has worked hard on his craft?

Goes both ways buddy.

Last time i checked , this is a message forum, don't need qualifications to express. Instead of putting up cases to support your point and argue like message board suppose to do, you choose to attack a fellow poster. Sad....

Back
Top Bottom