AVG… I told ya. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AVG… I told ya.

I saw it last night. There were downs Chubb stood up and rushed inside

Early this morning I mentioned they would deploy AVG outside, in a way schemed like Phillips. Great move by Fangio. I’ve always felt AVG was a dynamic player that needs to be able to roam a bit. Did we even hear Baker’s or Seiler’s name called today? Long played better, made special team plays. AVG was the man today, and Chubb finally showed up.

AVG showed up big time. He needed to w/ JP15 being out.

Van Ginkel was really good his first year playing in 2020, and then when he got a bigger role in 2021 after we let a bunch of vets go he seemed to lose effectiveness with more time on the field. And then last year just a forgotten man. I was surprised he didn't get picked up somewhere as a bet on his talent, and was happy to see him return.

Not really surprised to see him do well- he always showed the capability. That was absolutely the most fun we've seen our defense in a while, though it was less gimmicky than the Flores zero blitz games where we could pick apart bad QB's but couldn't play regular defense against a good team.

Man why do guys always ball out in contract years. Wish we extended him before the season.
AVG's contract year was last year - we just re-signed him after a shallow market. Feels like we didn't give him much of a chance to flash last year though.

Over Phillips???? Not a chance.

He did play great today, but the Pats had their LT, LG and C out for this game, Phillips might have had 4 sacks if he played against those guys tonight.
I definitely wouldn't say over Phillips. But I wouldn't mind seeing more of a rotation. We know Phillips can make an impact on a game but he can be more of a hurry guy than a finisher. I like the idea of AVG getting more spot snaps because he's a bit more fluid and faster so it affects the QB differently.

Van Ginkel was really good his first year playing in 2020, and then when he got a bigger role in 2021 after we let a bunch of vets go he seemed to lose effectiveness with more time on the field. And then last year just a forgotten man. I was surprised he didn't get picked up somewhere as a bet on his talent, and was happy to see him return.

Not really surprised to see him do well- he always showed the capability. That was absolutely the most fun we've seen our defense in a while, though it was less gimmicky than the Flores zero blitz games where we could pick apart bad QB's but couldn't play regular defense against a good team.
A rotational role with an occasional start or 2 was always the best role for Van Ginkel. He has a knack for coming in and making plays when he's used sparingly.

A rotational role with an occasional start or 2 was always the best role for Van Ginkel. He has a knack for coming in and making plays when he's used sparingly.
I think he's a guy who just really loses his explosiveness and his effectiveness when on the field too much. When he started in 2021 he always seemed to be sucking wind and he lost half a step from fatigue that meant he was always just a little behind making the play. I think this must have soured Boyer on him altogether because we just didn't see him that much last year.

I definitely wouldn't say over Phillips. But I wouldn't mind seeing more of a rotation. We know Phillips can make an impact on a game but he can be more of a hurry guy than a finisher. I like the idea of AVG getting more spot snaps because he's a bit more fluid and faster so it affects the QB differently.
Yea I agree with this.

Early this morning I mentioned they would deploy AVG outside, in a way schemed like Phillips. Great move by Fangio. I’ve always felt AVG was a dynamic player that needs to be able to roam a bit. Did we even hear Baker’s or Seiler’s name called today? Long played better, made special team plays. AVG was the man today, and Chubb finally showed up.
I think I got ya on this one.

“The only thing I’ve had hesitation about when it comes to questioning Fangio is the transition of Van Ginkel”

“I wanted him to continue in his role because I thought he was good and getting better every year at it.”

“ I would of said Van ginkel too if he was left at his normal position, but because he’s cross training I’m not sure anymore”

“ Having Van ginkel about as green as a Mike can get didn’t help either A few head scratchers from Fangio imo”

Van ginkelimo is the best 1 million dollar player in the game and has the ability to be a very good NFL player”

Back
Top Bottom