AVG… I told ya. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AVG… I told ya.

I was really excited and glad we brought him back. This is a draft pick we need to KEEP. We always talk about drafting right for the future, but if we draft good players like this we need to keep them not just letem walk and hope someone's discarded FA will fill the void.

To stay on topic- I love Van Ginkle. Just his name alone is perfect. Then you add in the hair and him being a badass, and its swoonworthy.

But also, all this talk about our defense, and our pass rush. Man- I wish Cam Wake could have been here now. Poor guy deserved it. Imagine prime Wake on THIS team.

Finally, our recent successes over the Pats have me rock hard over here. I became a fan of the Dolphins when they made Belichik cry in the wildcat game. I hate the Patriots*. And their whole shtick. Now to see Belichik have a meltdown defending a cheap shot, and still lose after getting away with a cheating TD, and hear Collinsworth have a ruined orgasm and Tirico try to create a controversy over a clear-as-day ball spot, I feel that same feeling again. I'm in love.

Trouble is, we've been here before. I'm waiting for an arrest or an indictment or for Ross do SOMETHING. Like Van Ginkle gets caught scamming the elderly with fake calling cards, or Jason Sanders starts a religion but it turns out to be for tax fraud purposes. The crash could be stupendous. Or we win the super bowl. If Goodell wrote the script that way this year. Lol.

Regards

One of my favorite fins, he has a nose fo the ball

It's a combination of being sound/doing his job, relentless effort, and high-end athleticism. People forget he ran a 4.59, had like a 6.89 3-cone, and a 38" vert. I think Phillips, Chubb, and AVG makes for one of the better Edge groups 1-3 in the league. Dallas, SF, Cleveland, and Philadelphia are the groups I'd rank clearly ahead of Miami. Maybe I'm forgetting someone, but after those teams, I'd rank Miami up there with pretty much anyone.

Yeah. I like this depth at edge. Keep em fresh.

Edge is where he shines! Not at
It's a combination of being sound/doing his job, relentless effort, and high-end athleticism. People forget he ran a 4.59, had like a 6.89 3-cone, and a 38" vert. I think Phillips, Chubb, and AVG makes for one of the better Edge groups 1-3 in the league. Dallas, SF, Cleveland, and Philadelphia are the groups I'd rank clearly ahead of Miami. Maybe I'm forgetting someone, but after those teams, I'd rank Miami up there with pretty much anyone.

More than the numbers. He has a great “feel” for the game and that allows him to anticipate and generally be in the right place.

It’s insane how important that is at this level. Some players can have great metrics but can never play fast despite their numbers.

Who’s the kid that recently got traded from the Cardinals for a 7th round pick? He went to Clemson? Big time combine numbers

A guy like Zack Thomas is the epitome of someone whose numbers were okay. But his feel the game and prep made him play extremely fast.

Back
Top Bottom