Ayanbadejo: Dolphins Questioned my Commitment after I put Family First | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ayanbadejo: Dolphins Questioned my Commitment after I put Family First

He is a great coach period, he just didn't get along with ownership here and moved on. Im sure we all have worked for people we didn't like then moved on.

Great "college" coach you mean.

Making his own NFL front office draft decisions (by far not limited to passing on Aaron Rodgers for a part time SEC RB and signing a journeyman QB best known for banging his head against cement walls), his sideline coaching (and especially unmasked after losing Scott Linehan as the OC), considering you are what your record is, I guess he can charitably be depicted as a "mediocre" pro coach; personally, 2 games under .500 with a significant trendline pointing down at the time he branded himself as a "lying quitter", I'd more realistically characterize him as a "below-mediocre" NFL HC and defacto GM. :idk:

Did you read the story? He let it be known that he was going to leave to be with his wife when she had the child.

Let me guess, you're probably one of these cavemen like Boomer wondering why he just didn't have his wife schedule a c-section for before the start of training camp.

Why do you care?

He was traded and was nothing special. This is a me me piece.

Making his own NFL front office draft decisions (by far not limited to passing on Aaron Rodgers for a part time SEC RB and signing a journeyman QB best known for banging his head against cement walls), his sideline coaching (and especially unmasked after losing Scott Linehan as the OC), considering you are what your record is, I guess he can charitably be depicted as a "mediocre" pro coach; personally, 2 games under .500 with a significant trendline pointing down at the time he branded himself as a "lying quitter", I'd more realistically characterize him as a "below-mediocre" NFL HC and defacto GM. :idk:

you forgot stepping over Jeno James unconscious body when he suffered from heat exhaustion and collapsed to the locker room floor to get to his office.

Making his own NFL front office draft decisions (by far not limited to passing on Aaron Rodgers for a part time SEC RB and signing a journeyman QB best known for banging his head against cement walls), his sideline coaching (and especially unmasked after losing Scott Linehan as the OC), considering you are what your record is, I guess he can charitably be depicted as a "mediocre" pro coach; personally, 2 games under .500 with a significant trendline pointing down at the time of his departure, I'd more realistically characterize him as a "below-mediocre" NFL HC and defacto GM. :idk:

You can classify him however u want. He coached in the NFL only two years so we can only speculate on him. He is a great football coach, maybe among the greatest ever at the college level.
Never said he was a good GM. Hell in two season would u refer to Philbin as a below mediocre coach since he hasn't had a winning record in either season.
I have no doubt he could do well at NFL if he ever chose to come back but that's just my opinion and since he only coached two years that's all we can do is have an opinion.

You also act like Saban is the only coach that ever passed on a player that turned out great. A lot of teams passed on Aaron Rodgers. Shula a hall of fame coach passed on many hall of fame players that he drafted much lesser players than.
I hated the Brown pick from the beginning as well as the Jason Allen pick. I hated both of his draftes but I also hated last years draft we had.

You can classify him however u want. He coached in the NFL only two years so we can only speculate on him. He is a great football coach, maybe among the greatest ever at the college level.
Never said he was a good GM. Hell in two season would u refer to Philbin as a below mediocre coach since he hasn't had a winning record in either season.
I have no doubt he could do well at NFL if he ever chose to come back but that's just my opinion and since he only coached two years that's all we can do is have an opinion.

You also act like Saban is the only coach that ever passed on a player that turned out great. A lot of teams passed on Aaron Rodgers. Shula a hall of fame coach passed on many hall of fame players that he drafted much lesser players than.
I hated the Brown pick from the beginning as well as the Jason Allen pick. I hated both of his draftes but I also hated last years draft we had.

you're entitled to your opinion but the reality is that when he slunk out like the lying scumbag in the night that he is, he left us with a non Scott Linehan 6-10 record with the arrow pointing so far down that his successor using mostly his personnel ended up with a 1-15 record and was lucky to get that win over the Ravens. Philbin despite the porous OL, the green QB, the schizoid running game, one of his two starting CBs being out most of the season and of course the ridiculous tempest in a teapot mamasboy-gate scandal, still managed to improve the team to .500 (after improving the team he inherited by a win). So whether his own arrow is pointing sideways or up, after 2 years, he's a lot more impressive than Saban at the time he lied and quit cuz he realized he couldn't bully his adult well paid players or compete.with the big boys.

Saban would never do well in the NFL because these are grown men he'd be coaching, not kids/young adults coming out high school. He wants to rule every aspect of the game. He's like a Jeff Ireland in the sense that he would find it hard to work with others as far as decision making goes. As we're the first to witness, that approach hardly ever works in the NFL today. Once Saban realized his dictator style of coaching wouldn't work in the big leagues, he bailed faster than you say "Little Debbie". Awesome college coach, not so much at the pro levels. Oh, and great coaches never walk out on their team when the going gets tough.

Ayanbadejo is always complaining about something.

Did you read the story? He let it be known that he was going to leave to be with his wife when she had the child.

Let me guess, you're probably one of these cavemen like Boomer wondering why he just didn't have his wife schedule a c-section for before the start of training camp.

Lets not start making thinks up ok? I never mentioned c-sections or cavemen.

This player was told not to leave training camp, and then the player left anyways disobeying his coach with full knowledge that he could be cut and traded. So the player gets traded 5 days later and is now whining about it? He knew what the consequences would be, and he made a choice knowing those consequences.

Lets also put into perspective that this player is also whining that the Ravens cut him because of his LGBT advocacy, and how he whined about players smoking pot before the Super Bowl, now its the Dolphins' fault he was traded 8 years ago....

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Ayanbadejo is always complaining about something.

Yep, he's burning all of his bridges.

Why are we talking about teh Nick Saban era? It's been almost 10 years and we still suck. I'd rather talk about now than 2005/2006 but that's just me. Futhermore when you switch regimes all this crap goes out the window. Brendon should be saying Nick Saban questioned his commitment not the Dolphins as I doubt there is someone in the building today who had anything to do with this.

There is only 1 human being who I have more contempt for than nick satan, and he lives at 1600 Penn... uh, you get the picture.

I live in gumpland and must endure the sycophancy over that pond scum 24/7/365. War Eagle.

This article is really not a slam against the Dolphins, they can't help that they had a lowlife liar as their coach for those 2 years.

you're entitled to your opinion but the reality is that when he slunk out like the lying scumbag in the night that he is, he left us with a non Scott Linehan 6-10 record with the arrow pointing so far down that his successor using mostly his personnel ended up with a 1-15 record and was lucky to get that win over the Ravens. Philbin despite the porous OL, the green QB, the schizoid running game, one of his two starting CBs being out most of the season and of course the ridiculous tempest in a teapot mamasboy-gate scandal, still managed to improve the team to .500 (after improving the team he inherited by a win). So whether his own arrow is pointing sideways or up, after 2 years, he's a lot more impressive than Saban at the time he lied and quit cuz he realized he couldn't bully his adult well paid players or compete.with the big boys.

He has damn sure won plenty of National Championships without Scott Linhan. You have no clue no do I why he quit. So now Lying is a big deal when our owner has told a few whoppers of his own but have yet to hear you criticize him for that.
We will never know why he quit but to act like being a college coach is an inability to play with the big boys is pretty short sighted. So do you think Bear Bryant never left college because he knew he couldn't play with big boys.
Many NFL coaches would be lousy college coaches. Coaching in college is not like you are coaching in the minor leagues. Some people just prefer to be college coaches.

Im not even a fan of Nick Saban but im not blind that he is a helluva football coach and not one of us know why he decided he did not want to be the dolphins coach anymore. On the surface it seemed Alabama was his ultimate coaching job but maybe it was money, maybe it was Huzienga.

Back
Top Bottom