Ayanbadejo: Dolphins Questioned my Commitment after I put Family First | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ayanbadejo: Dolphins Questioned my Commitment after I put Family First

why talk about other dolphins coaches, when this thread is about Saban? I'm sure you can find plenty of threads of past dolphins coaches that are negative. Saban was garbage, as a dolphins head coach, and he left like a coward.

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

On Alabama board's we talk about number one recruiting classes and getting ready for going for another title...On a Dolphins' board you talk about a coach that was here
seven years ago........petty much?

i do agree with that, this is old news and pretty irrelevant for today's dolphins.

On Alabama board's we talk about number one recruiting classes and getting ready for going for another title...On a Dolphins' board you talk about a coach that was here

Good for Saban, Alabama and that Alabama board. Congrats.

The reason Saban is being talked about seven years later is because Ayanbadejo brought it up and released a story we didn't know about. It makes it relevant today and it is why it is being discussed. I even said on the very first page that I thought this was a "hey look at me" type of article by Ayanbadejo and unnecessary.

I respect what Saban has done at the college level, still don't like him. Not many Dolphins fans do like him, just the way it is. I am sure LSU fans don't like how he bolted from their college and how he now coaches a rival. I am sure they dislike him also. Just as I am sure you would dislike him if he left the Dolphins to coach Auburn. It is what it is.

I moved on long ago for what Saban did to the Dolphins, but I am not going to forget it. Why "forgive" him when there is no reason to. I don't actively root against him or hope he fails at Alabama, nothing like that. As a Dolphins fan I just don't forget those who left on bad terms or quit. I am also sure you would be pissed at him if he took the Texas job. You don't see me, and I don't see you chearing on Cam Cameron at LSU. Just isn't happening.

I am sure it hurts you to see your coach being ripped and trashed on this board. My suggestion is just to ignore and it will pass in a couple of days. This isn't the first time he has been ripped by Dolfans here and it certainly won't be the last. No need to get so worked up over it.

I'd be interested to know who in this thread have children and who don't. Pretty sure perspective is different for those who do have children.

Actually,Cam is doing a great job at LSU....He is a very good coordinator..just a crappy head coach...LSU's head coach is a moron..great recruiter,tho.
If Nick leaves Bama tomorrow,(Hell,he is going to retire in a few years anyway)I'll be fine with the three crystals he got.
Texas was a bad job,Nick was never going there...Charlie Strong,while a good coach,isn't a great coach,he'll be gone in three years.
Louisville traded up for the better...Petrino is a coach that can win a championship,Charlie can't....
You can go to Atlanta's board..they arn't pining away for Bobby...and he left in the middle of the season...You know why?
For the most part they have been winning since he left.
All I'm saying is Nick wasn't the only problem Miami has had......We've had a BUNCH of morons over the years to get us where we are at.
If we had been winning and going to the playoffs....Nick is just a two year footnote in Miami history that is probaly never brought up.
Winning solves alot.....We keep doing the same stupid s*** over and over.

We talk about a coach that left 7 years ago WHEN his former players air his dirty laundry (adding more to the mountain of evidence that Nick Saban is a walking/talking - below the belt - bodily oriface) in a CURRENT news story.

It's pretty much consensus here, that Nick Saban is a heck of a college recruiter - allowing him to pose as a very competent college level coach. It's also pretty much consensus that as a human being, you could search for a long time without finding a worse example. I'm ashamed every time the man mentions where he comes from... honestly, I literally cringe every time. I think half that state does... and the other half would, if they were informed. As for the thread being 10+ pages, I can't speak for anyone... but 10+ pages wouldn't hold half the laughing I did post Alabama/Auburn last season. :) Thanks for the memories!

I have a son. I was there the whole time and cut the cord.

I envy you. I have two daughters (most recent on March 22nd). :)

I'd have no issue telling my employer to go f*ck themselves if they have a problem with me taking a bit of time off to be with my wife and child(ren).

Who cares.

A man wanted to be with his family.

Everyday Nick Saban sees guys like Pete Carroll, Chip Kelly and Jim Harbaugh and realizes he is and will forever be irrelevant. He will stay in college where he can rule, in the NFL, he'd sign Culpepper over Drew Brees. He'd take Ronnie Brown over Aaron Rodgers. He's a nobody.

Actually,Cam is doing a great job at LSU....He is a very good coordinator..just a crappy head coach...LSU's head coach is a moron..great recruiter,tho.
If Nick leaves Bama tomorrow,(Hell,he is going to retire in a few years anyway)I'll be fine with the three crystals he got.
Texas was a bad job,Nick was never going there...Charlie Strong,while a good coach,isn't a great coach,he'll be gone in three years.
Louisville traded up for the better...Petrino is a coach that can win a championship,Charlie can't....
You can go to Atlanta's board..they arn't pining away for Bobby...and he left in the middle of the season...You know why?
For the most part they have been winning since he left.
All I'm saying is Nick wasn't the only problem Miami has had......We've had a BUNCH of morons over the years to get us where we are at.
If we had been winning and going to the playoffs....Nick is just a two year footnote in Miami history that is probaly never brought up.
Winning solves alot.....We keep doing the same stupid s*** over and over.

There's alot of truth in your post. But this is the reality we Dolfans live in right now, right or wrong. Nick Saban isn't well thought of and it's largely his fault. Falcons boards probably aren't pinning over Bobby but I doubt they think fondly of him either.

Oh and I agree with you about Charlie, Bobby, and Louisville. :hump:

Saban was a complete failure in Miami, a terrible NFL coach. This story is just another example of why

Who cares.

A man wanted to be with his family.

Everyday Nick Saban sees guys like Pete Carroll, Chip Kelly and Jim Harbaugh and realizes he is and will forever be irrelevant. He will stay in college where he can rule, in the NFL, he'd sign Culpepper over Drew Brees. He'd take Ronnie Brown over Aaron Rodgers. He's a nobody.

Your kidding yourself if u think he will forever be irrelevant. I wonder how many people don't know who Bear Bryant, Bobby Bowden or Joe Paterno are?
I doubt more people know more of Chip Kelly than Nick Saban.

When you are a certain type of man in a certain type of job, you better figgure out right quick who you are.

The US Army isn't in the business of flying soldiers home for a birth.
You know why? It doesn't matter. At all. The baby will be born
and life will go on.

Sure, it's NICE to let an employee go, but some people aren't really in
the nice business. You signed a contract, and, that's that. Was
Saban an asshole. Sure. But that's what Saban is. Most HCs are.

When you are in a particular job, you have to understand that your
presence at work is really important. Sometimes, you may not get
to do things that other "Normal" guys with "Normal" jobs get to do.

When you are a certain type of man in a certain type of job, you better figgure out right quick who you are.

The US Army isn't in the business of flying soldiers home for a birth.
You know why? It doesn't matter. At all. The baby will be born
and life will go on.

Sure, it's NICE to let an employee go, but some people aren't really in
the nice business. You signed a contract, and, that's that. Was
Saban an asshole. Sure. But that's what Saban is. Most HCs are.

When you are in a particular job, you have to understand that your
presence at work is really important. Sometimes, you may not get
to do things that other "Normal" guys with "Normal" jobs get to do.

Are you seriously comparing being a football player to being a Soldier deployed to a combat zone? What are you thinking? At the end of the day, football is a game. War is not. A guy missing a practice or two for the birth of a child is not going to impact the fate of the world one iota. Also, the Army does its best to allow Soldiers to be home for births when possible. If a Soldier's wife is pregnant before the deployment the Soldier will be able to request his R&R coincide with his wife's due date. Obviously if the child is premature there's not much that can be done, though even then Soldiers have been known to trade R&R schedules with each other to get there, if not for the birth, as close to it as possible. Being a football player is just not that important of a job, and the fact that somebody thinks it is shows just how out of whack Americans' priorities are these days.

Back
Top Bottom