Ayanbadejo: Dolphins Questioned my Commitment after I put Family First | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ayanbadejo: Dolphins Questioned my Commitment after I put Family First

The world is overrun with "successful" people like Nick Saban. I work for one… and let me tell you… it's no picnic for them, either. The catch is… they don't realize the price (their humanity) that they're paying for their relentless "drive" and "commitment". The whole "puritanical work ethic" in this country, in particular, is totally FUBAR. The rest of the world just laughs at us. Even the Germans - who are workaholics and punctuality Nazis - they laugh their asses off at how stupid we are that we don't understand that you WORK to LIVE… and not the other way around. There's a concept called "filling the well"… that's what weekends are for… vacations… etc. In this country… fewer and fewer of us are "filling the well"… and we wonder why we lead the world in cancer rates/deaths… oh, yes… "We're #1!"
I agree with this 100%

I guess the NFL is exempt from adhering to the FMLA?

You can call it whining or whatever else you want in your bravado but in any other employment arrangement certain employees are protected from retaliation when caring for a family member. Sure it probably can't be proven especially at this point. However the NFL needs to be put on notice. The NFL plays loose and dirty with these rules, little perks like their tax exempt status and a host of other ways players are treated like chattel. It's time for the Feds to hold Mr Goodell down on the ground and put a firm foot on his neck.

I criticize the Miami Dolphins daily so dont even start with me please and thanks. If you want to complain like some soccer mom who's kid got picked last go cry a river somewhere else. I dont feel bad for Ayanbadejo in the least bit.

Complain like a soccer mom? I'm not the messenger you're attacking and even if I were, I wouldn't really care. Again, you're still fixated on Ayanbadejo when he's not really what this is about.

thats all counts at this level. Win and you can be the biggest asshole in the human race for all the league cares.

Well he didn't win at the highest level so it just proves he is a horrible human being in the most simplistic sense. He deserves to be hit by a truck

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

for the most part no team gives a damn about their players they are just employees its not a dolphin thing its an NFL thing and to a greater extent just how life works

This!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Ah there it is, the Finheaven way: If someone even remotely criticizes the Miami Dolphins, no matter how slight, attack the messenger not the messenge.

Jeno James, our best offensive lineman at the time, comes in and collapses after practice, uh, vomiting all kinds of stuff that would make a billygoat puke, eyes rolled in the back of his head. Myself, about four other lineman are trying to carry him from the locker room, to the training room.

Obviously it's a moment of panic, everyone, you know, we don't know if this guy's, you know, gonna die, I mean, the whole deal. But he's so big and sweaty and heavy that we actually have to set him down in the hallway between the locker room and the training room.

Nick Saban literally just starts walking in, steps over Jeno James convulsing, doesn't say a word, doesn't try to help, goes upstairs, I don't know what he does. But then obviously they get Jeno trauma-offed to the hospital.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/former-dolphin-says-nick-saban-walked-over-convulsing-player/

According to Zounds, the focus of my link is: at least Jeno James showed up to camp.

Next up on the show, how much blood you should cough up and how many intestines you should vomit out before asking your coaches for the day off. Stay tuned.

Nope. Heath Evans is just a hater.

48153613-1.jpg

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/former-dolphin-says-nick-saban-walked-over-convulsing-player/

According to Zounds, the focus of my link is: at least Jeno James showed up to camp.

Next up on the show, how much blood you should cough up and how many intestines you should vomit out before asking your coaches for the day off. Stay tuned.

A player collapsing after practice is not even close to being on the same level as asking for paternity leave, especially in the wake of the Korey Stringer death. According to Spesh, a player should be getting out of practice for a ****ing hangnail.

Why does all of this have to come out now? Is he writing his memoirs? He was a good player, but he didn't follow the head coach's specific instructions. He knew something was going to happen.
That said, I don't blame him a bit. I would have done the same thing. Saban is a great college coach, but he is a terrible human being.
In the end, we really didn't need him anyways. We had Taylor and Wake. He would have been traded eventually.

My hunch is that Ayanbadejo has political aspirations and is setting himself to run for public office as a Democrat. He has gone out of his way to publicly support gay marriage and I also support this cause. However, he seems to have gone out of his way to publicly promote issues and take on some old guard Maryland politicians.
He knows his football career is at or near its end. By raising this issue he makes the point that he is a man of principle and was supportive of his wife, etc. Certain to appeal to women voters.

The only thing irrational is your constant misrepresentation of what I actually said but integrity has never been your strong point. I made no excuse I said we have no clue what actually happened you are the one assuming you know what happened when you don't. I called our current owner the liar because we both know he lied about his pursuit of Harbaugh.

Its sucks that for whatever reason Saban bailed on us and yes it was done poorly but the irrational hate is only because he has been very successful since he left.
Hell I wish Sparano had quit on us a year early.

Nah, screw that, I hate Saban because he's a scumbag. You promise me Saban, or Greg Schiano, as a coach and a winning record and I don't even watch the Dolphins anymore and go right outside and remove the Dolphins license plate from my car.

Back
Top Bottom