Az Akhim or David Boston? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Az Akhim or David Boston?

Rebar71 said:
From a pure talent perspective - Boston - no doubt.

Hopefully, the injury and getting busted will turn him around. If not, Hakim would be an adequate 3rd.

Look at it this way: Chambers and Boston are both 1's - and actually, Boston has proved more with Arizona. It's the truth. Booker would be the best #3 in the league. With Hakim, Chambers is the clear #1 and Booker is the clear #2 - and IMO, Hakim will have to fight for the #3 with Thompson. Az is faster, but not necessarily any better than Derrius.

probably the best evaluation I've seen, agree with you 100%

Fin Fan in Cali said:
No problem! Pm me and we can get together if you come in that weekend. I have my ticket already for the game, a Charger Honk bought it for me, so I will have to buy the beer for him!
Oh yeah, my bro's father in-law already assured him he can have his tix.

I posted this e-mail on a separte thread..I think we just got the receiver WE WISHED Boston would be in San Diego.....GETTING RID OF BOSTON FROM YOUR TEAM IS A GOOD SIGN ABOUT SAbAN!!!

Jackson on every single persons BEST SLEEPERS in the draft. The guy is freaking 6'6 that runs a 4.4! He's been freaking clocked at 4.3 a couple of times and played BASkETBALL! A 6'6 guy that GOES AFTER THE BALL vs. waiting for it to come ala Gates is a HUUGE WEAPON! Also, he did 23 reps on the bench press and has a 10 foot 9 long jump and 4.0 short shuttle!

Here's the short shuttle rankings.
Short Shuttle Times
4.00--- Vincent Jackson
4.01--- Roddy White
4.22--- Roscoe Parrish
4.23--- Mike Williams
4.38--- Braylon Edwards

The knock on the guy is he played at Northern Colorado, a small school and "didnt have any serious competition." I guess since Steve Largent, TO, Rice didnt play big time college ball means they suck! You say you want a burner that can stretch the field, well here you have him! Go to the Broncos message board and read what theyre saying about Jackson. Wait, here, Ill post you some of it..these are the fans in Denver who saw him play on a consistent basis.

On top of that, the kid has the HIGHEST WONDERLIC SCORE OF ALL RECEIVERS! VERY HUMBLE ala LT. They call the guy SUPERFREAK! Here's what scouts say about him, "they call him the super freak, if Jackson went to a big school like Auburn, Miami, USC or Cal then he would not be able to get this guy in the second round"

Here's some video of the dude....click on video icon

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=196&p=8&c=1&yr=2005&nid=1726904

HERES WHAT THE DENVER FANS ARE SAYING ABOUT THE PICK UP OF VINCE:
"So much for VJ! Looks like he's going to be tormenting our D for a while now. I don't think our new corner will be able to cover him, though. He's 8 inches shorter than Jackson."

"The Chargers are definately playing mind games against the Broncos. They take a local product of Colorado and pit him against Denver. Maybe Jackson isnt happy about the pick? You never know."

"We had a chance to have an offensive threat and now we have a questionable half*** corner for special teams, we needed offense and like Shanahan, he goes defense, there were corners better in the 3rd available. We need offense and Shan just gave the Chargers the AFC West!"

I'm so PO'd I cant see straght! We take a midget CB who is nothing more than a punt returner who got suspended from his last bowl game (and who has recurring arm numbness from a bad arm break earlier in the year), and will be run over in the run game in the NFL at corner, and let Vincent Jackson go to San Diego who is problably going to own us for the next number of years. If we wanted a corner take Miller or Marlon Jackson for god sake! You can get Chad Owens as a killer punt returner in the 6th round!
I hope this whole staff gets fired after this year and we need to simply start fresh and let somebody with a clue pick next years 9 picks.

With Champ covering Antoinio Gates and Lightwieght Lenny covering their #1 WR who is going to cover Vincent Jackson that new knat of ours? He might be able to tie Jackson's shoes after he scores a TD without having to even jump, but thats about it.
I would have MUCH rather have given San Diego that problem to work out instead of us.

And all you Homers trying to justify picking a punt returner in the second round, we could have easily gotten Darrent in the third with his character and durability questions, or Chad Owens who is even better at punt returns in the 6th.

What a total waste when we had so few to picks to choose from this year. That Jim Armstrong is a hillbilly loser.

IMO i think Boston would be worth the risk because he is a big guy that could draw some attention away from Chambers, more than Az could

Clayton or Mortenson said that after Hakim was released up to 20 teams called and showed interest. If Saban wants him he'll have to move quick. My money is on Hakim going to KC. They need a wideouts and he can be reunited with Vermeil.

I would take Boston, but I would have an incentive laden contract, and have a sit down talk, and explain to him what is expected of him, and nothing less. If he can keep his head on straight, and go along with the program, then I say one last shot. If not give Az a shot, and if not Az, then see if Gilmore, Thompson or a undrafted rookie steps up, then its there's for the taking!

CanadianPhinFan said:
I have to agree, after all those steroids and bulking up for Boston, and the injury, I don't know if he will be fast again. Boston really put his career down the drain, although I don't think he would be a bad addition at all, I would definately take Boston back too.
Now that he is off his juice, there is a strong possiblity his body will start falling apart. I'd rather see us sign Az hakim.

I think he's still unsigned so I would prefer Ike Hilliard over both of them. David Boston can be a number 1 WR which I don't think Chambers or Booker are, or atleast Chambers is not yet, so I would prefer him just based on talent.

Boston simply because he has the greatest ability of the two & maybe even Chambers.

Back
Top Bottom