Baldy breaks down Austin Jackson Jaguars tape | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baldy breaks down Austin Jackson Jaguars tape

I think he’s athletic I think he’s stronger than he looks I think that he looks like he has a good initial slide step. Doesn’t seem overwhelmed; at times doesn’t have a great snap here and there But never gets badly beaten always manages to muster up enough contact or tap in to his athleticism enough to let him basically make it neutral play. really has held his own never wavered at being given the assignment and just continues to grow and I’m excited to see what he looks like in a month.

Told you this kid was going to be a beast of a left tackle.

What I like is if you stop it right at the 1:33 mark when Baldy pauses his tape - you see Jackson’s helmet lower than a Josh Allen’s the instant contact is made. This is a powerful position.

It allows Jackson to be in the DE’s ‘strike zone’ and deliver his punch upwards into the chest plate. That’s great coaching by the oline coach, and a lot of talent in Austin Jackson to coach up. You have to be a natural knee bender to make it look that easy.

Yeah this kid is the goods

Always liked Baldy's OL player analysis ... not so much in his overall game takes though. But he does know his trench play.

I liked the pick of Jackson, because of the OL that were left, he was clearly the most talented ... even if he came out a year too early. My hope and expectation was that we might trade up to get one of those top tier tackles ... but clearly Jackson is showing already that he was one of those top tier tackles. I expected Austin Jackson to be thrown into the fire at LT simply because we had nobody else (but also thought he might also be put into RT instead because that will eventually be Tua's blind side). He has exceeded my expectations so far and I'm very happy with him.

The most impressive parts of Jackson's game so far have been:
1. His ability to gain the needed strength in an offseason without much Dolphins coaching interaction. That is a testament to his (and a couple other Dolphins) working with a trainer who did have contact with the Dolphins staff. Well done.
2. His consistency of technique. Amazing how quickly he adapted to a new OL coach and the NFL speed so that he is consistently applying good technique. This cannot be overstated, because each OL coach teaches slightly different techniques and doing so while massively building your strength and adjusting to the speed of the NFL is quite impressive.
3. His maturity. For a young kid, he seems to keep his wits about him and read the stunts/twists very well and understand where the blitz pressure may come from and how it should impact who he blocks. For the youngest OL in the draft, his maturity is amazing.

Can't help but be impressed by this kid, and be proud to call him a Dolphin both as a player and person. Keep it up young man!

So when do we shop him for a first round pick thats lower than we took him?
Can you elaborate. I'm pretty sure we got 2 1s and a 2 for Tunsil, plus we unloaded the Stills contract.

That's not even getting into the fact that we would have had to pay Tunsil, probably, minimum 15 mil per, with 40-50 gauranteed.

It was a no brainer, given the situation.

The term "shopping him" is also inaccurate.

Back
Top Bottom