Baltimore radio reporting a deal with Robinson.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baltimore radio reporting a deal with Robinson..

Well to further my point. That season you speak of was his best season of his five year career. Every other season he has never caught more than 34 balls. So one productive season out of five. Also, since that great season of his, he has played in 24 games in three seasons. That is exactly half of the potential games he could have played if healthy. Seems to me he has a lot of injuries and isn't getting any younger (albeit 26 is not old). Like I said, he has really done anything and when he did do something, it was last millenium :lol:

I am content with what we have for now.

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Baltimore Ravens have signed unrestricted free agent WR Marcus Robinson (Bears) to a one-year, $700,000 including a $100,000 signing bonus, according to his agent Ken Sarnoff.

Well like I said at the price he was asking for he was BARGAIN.I read on paper he says he was willign to take 1 year vet. minimum because he feel he has something to prove.

crowell's injuries are so bad it is almost a lock he will never be the same player he once was and i have even heard the retirement word being bantered about......

crowell would be lucky to bump somebody off our practice squad right now(if he were eligible, hypothetically).....

how can a guy like that be that high on your list chambersownz???? you are chasing a name here.......

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
Well I have Crowell higher on that list..

Crowell is supposed to be a better blocker so i'd prefer to see him. Yes he's got an injury history, but playing on Miami's grass instead of in Dome's all the time can really help with that.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29

how can a guy like that be that high on your list chambersownz???? you are chasing a name here.......

What, because YOU say all that stuff he shouldn't be on MY list? Riiight.. he's on Wannstedt's list. So how would I be chasing a name? :confused:

Retirement? Oh god.. these internet rumors are getting to people's heads..

I don't know where this is coming from but I predict that a wide reciever, better than anyone who's been talked about in the off season so far, will come available, shocking everyone. Miami will be waiting to swoop in and get him to complete our recieving corp. Remember, you heard it here first!

Originally posted by BSQX4
I don't know where this is coming from but I predict that a wide reciever, better than anyone who's been talked about in the off season so far, will come available, shocking everyone. Miami will be waiting to swoop in and get him to complete our recieving corp. Remember, you heard it here first!

Is it Kelley Washington, Anquan Boldin, or Tyrone Calico?

May be what they need, big target chain mover to help ball control run heavy team win with D... cap friendly deal with a player in one year deal, the incentive to succeed and get big market is very much there.
Still dont think Boller or their qb can get it to him well enough to win enough to make next level.

Originally posted by Mr.Murder
May be what they need, big target chain mover to help ball control run heavy team win with D...

Basically you mean Anquan Boldin. If you say strictly speed, Calico. Explosive, Washington.

Sorry.. I'll never forget that draft..:lol:

Originally posted by BSQX4

We've got under 3 million dollars in cap space right now. Once Derrick is cut a little more is available. But bewtween Griese, Knight, and our draft picks, you've got at least 4-4.5 million....so exactly what kind of monopoly money are they going to use to sign this "wide reciever, better than anyone who's been talked about in the off season so far"?

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

We've got under 3 million dollars in cap space right now. Once Derrick is cut a little more is available. But bewtween Griese, Knight, and our draft picks, you've got at least 4-4.5 million....so exactly what kind of monopoly money are they going to use to sign this "wide reciever, better than anyone who's been talked about in the off season so far"?

1. Increase cap space by releasing Rodgers after June 1 and having a veteran (Perry) or two restructure their current deals.

2. Only the top 51 salaries count against the cap, so when we sign someone to a contract, the entire amount of that salary does not subtract from our cap space, only the amount it is over the 51st highest salary. Therefore, signing someone to the vet minimum only decreases our cap space by about $200k (that would be the vet minimum cap charge of $450k minus the current cap charge figure of the 51st highest salary, which I guess to be around $250k). Under these circumstances, only our top two picks, Moore and Smith, look to have contracts that actually place them in the top 51 on the team.

3. Of course, if we sign a veteran to more than the minimum, then his cap charge may be significantly higher than $450k. I am unsure what kind of contract Griese will want. Knight looks to get more than the minimum, which is a tricky deal. The NFLPA has in place an agreement that any veteran who signs a minimum contract only has the first $450k count against the cap. However, if a vet signs for more than the minimum, then the entire cap charge is counted. So, if Knight signs for $750k it counts $450k in terms of cap space. If he signs for $1mil, then it counts for the entire $1mil (so the $250k increase in salary equals a $550k increase in our cap charge). I imagine any veteran LB or WR we may sign would have to be for the minimum, counting only $250k or so in extra cap charges (see #2 above).

Originally posted by DannyNoonan

1. Increase cap space by releasing Rodgers after June 1 and having a veteran (Perry) or two restructure their current deals.

2. Only the top 51 salaries count against the cap, so when we sign someone to a contract, the entire amount of that salary does not subtract from our cap space, only the amount it is over the 51st highest salary. Therefore, signing someone to the vet minimum only decreases our cap space by about $200k (that would be the vet minimum cap charge of $450k minus the current cap charge figure of the 51st highest salary, which I guess to be around $250k). Under these circumstances, only our top two picks, Moore and Smith, look to have contracts that actually place them in the top 51 on the team.

3. Of course, if we sign a veteran to more than the minimum, then his cap charge may be significantly higher than $450k. I am unsure what kind of contract Griese will want. Knight looks to get more than the minimum, which is a tricky deal. The NFLPA has in place an agreement that any veteran who signs a minimum contract only has the first $450k count against the cap. However, if a vet signs for more than the minimum, then the entire cap charge is counted. So, if Knight signs for $750k it counts $450k in terms of cap space. If he signs for $1mil, then it counts for the entire $1mil (so the $250k increase in salary equals a $550k increase in our cap charge). I imagine any veteran LB or WR we may sign would have to be for the minimum, counting only $250k or so in extra cap charges (see #2 above).

Perry likely won't or shouldn't restructure unless it's an outright paycut(won't happen, he knows he's a short timer with us). We don't want him to extend in case he gets cut next year. And even after June 1st, we only get another million from Rogers. Sentinel has us 2.9 million under cap. Tack another million and change fro Rogers, and that gives us 4 million. Half of that goes to our draft, leaving 2 million for Griese and Knight, with maybe a tiny bit of wiggle room left for injuries over the course of the season(Wanny will keep at least 500k for emergencies). Even if Griese and Knight only count for 1 million TOTAL, that leaves us a whopping 500k to get a reciever who is "better than anyone who's been talked about in the off season so far". Marcus Robinson had a cap hit of 700k, so HOW are we going to get someone better than him, for less money, unless it's a high risk/older player who just wants to move somewhere? Personally, I don't want another Chris Carter here.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Perry likely won't or shouldn't restructure unless it's an outright paycut(won't happen, he knows he's a short timer with us). We don't want him to extend in case he gets cut next year. And even after June 1st, we only get another million from Rogers. Sentinel has us 2.9 million under cap. Tack another million and change fro Rogers, and that gives us 4 million. Half of that goes to our draft, leaving 2 million for Griese and Knight, with maybe a tiny bit of wiggle room left for injuries over the course of the season(Wanny will keep at least 500k for emergencies). Even if Griese and Knight only count for 1 million TOTAL, that leaves us a whopping 500k to get a reciever who is "better than anyone who's been talked about in the off season so far". Marcus Robinson had a cap hit of 700k, so HOW are we going to get someone better than him, for less money, unless it's a high risk/older player who just wants to move somewhere? Personally, I don't want another Chris Carter here.

PhinPhan1227, I think you might be correct in your assessment of the $4mil cap room figure after June 1. However, our rookies will not count $2mil against the cap. The rookie pool is above $2mil, but that is the amount we are allowed to spend on signing all of them. Only Moore's contract and Smith's contract look to be large enough to make our top 51 contracts (the ones that count against the cap figure for the entire team). I thought I stated that quite clearly above, sorry for the confusion. Please re-read statements 2 and 3 above. We should have plenty of room to sign a few veteran FAs if they sign for the minimum. If FAs want more than the minimum, then it gets tricky. I am unsure what we'll offer Griese and Knight.

Back
Top Bottom