Bama Vs LSU....Nov.5 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bama Vs LSU....Nov.5

Hindsight being what it is, 20/20, just curious if any of the bama fans would've rather seen Saban punt and try to pin them deep on a couple of those long field goals. Maybe they put them inside the 5 and maybe LSU makes a mistake? I don't know that he was right or wrong, kickers are scholorship athletes too and they should've made at least 2 of the 5 missed.

Hindsight being what it is, 20/20, just curious if any of the bama fans would've rather seen Saban punt and try to pin them deep on a couple of those long field goals. Maybe they put them inside the 5 and maybe LSU makes a mistake? I don't know that he was right or wrong, kickers are scholorship athletes too and they should've made at least 2 of the 5 missed.

I don't think it made a difference. LSU didn't score any points on the subsequent drives after we missed the field goal attempts.

I think both coaches knew that points were going to be at a premium in this game, and they were right. Saban valued the 3 points more than he did the 15-20 yards of field position. He had extreme confidence in his defense. He should. It's the best one he's ever had.

In the long run though, you could probably say that if we had punted on all those field goal attempts, it probably results in at least one attempt at a field goal that's more in our kicker's comfort range. We probably win the game 9-6 as a result.

The point is what you just mentioned... Cody Foster has a scholarship for a reason. Your kicker is subject to be put in a position where he's kicking from out of his comfort zone in a game like this. He has to make at least one of those kicks.

If Michael Williams comes down with that pass at the 1 yardline that was ruled an INT for LSU, we score there and we're not even having this conversation.

We had more chances to win this game than LSU did... and couldn't take advantage of any of 'em.

I'm more disappointed in the coaches from the standpoint of being TOO conservative at critical times on offense. The substitution penalty in overtime.

We had 3 points already on the board in overtime for all intents and purposes, and we took them off by going backwards. McCarron can't just fall down and take a sack in that situation. He has to at least try to make a play.

Back
Top Bottom