Barkley press conference at 4 | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barkley press conference at 4

I want the Colts' Karma. Franchise QB for 10 years.

Root for team to lose. Team loses.

Draft an even higher rated franchise QB for next 10 years.

Dominate.

Some Karma.

yep.....colts fans were rooting harder for loses than we were. Wish we had that karma. I just pray we dont pull a Kevin Kolb in acquiring matt flynn

So you think it's foolish to think we would only win 2 games, at a point in the season when we were 0-7? :rolleyes2:
The "throw the season" talks date back to July, not just after the 0-7 start.

Believe me, I will be absolutely thrilled if the reports are wrong and Barkley announces he is entering the draft. Absolutely thrilled. Though I always knew there was a strong chance these juniors could all return to college and there be basically nothing in the first round QB wise.

It's crappy all the way around because if Pauline is right and Barkley, Griffin and Landry Jones all stay in school then it pushes up Weeden's value considerably. Can you cound on getting him in the 2nd round anymore? There will be evaluators that evaluate him as the 2nd best quarterback in the Draft. How do you count on that in the 2nd round?

i don't know ck...i mean i think he's a 1st round physical talent but i mean that age thing...its a hard one to figure out...very hard...personally i still think teams will pass on him in the first cause of the age...i do...but i think its a whole lot more possible if all these damn kids stay in school...and this draft qb class takes a significant hit unless these other underclassmen declare...hell it takes a hit with matt barkley not in it...a big one imo

The "throw the season" talks date back to July, not just after the 0-7 start.

Believe me, I will be absolutely thrilled if the reports are wrong and Barkley announces he is entering the draft. Absolutely thrilled. Though I always knew there was a strong chance these juniors could all return to college and there be basically nothing in the first round QB wise.

thats called seeing the way this offseason unfolded and some of us seeing the writing on the wall...i specifically recall barring us upgrading the qb position ck myslef and others telling you guys with this lame duck head coach etc that this team would be lucky to win 6 damn games...and sure enough

Lol .....crazy thought.........trade back in the first and pick up another second and get Weeden, Dwayne Allen and Fleener.

IMO there's nothing watered down about Brandon Weeden's talent. His age makes his total value watered down, but you're not going to care about that until 6 years down the road. If trading down is the best and only way to justify getting Brandon Weeden, then you do it.

But that's not going to happen. If Barkley, Griffin and Jones all return to school, and if trading up for Luck becomes an impossibility, expect Ryan Tannehill to be our draft pick at #7 overall.

that kids a high end physical talent but is it me or does he throw too many damn picks even in the college game??? i guess you're saying that one way or another miami WILL use its top pick on a qb this april...come hell or high water

Lol .....crazy thought.........trade back in the first and pick up another second and get Weeden, Dwayne Allen and Fleener.
I wouldn't mind trading out of the first entirely and picking up a first for next year. Looks like that draft may be stacked with QBs we could trade up for.

that kids a high end physical talent but is it me or does he throw too many damn picks even in the college game??? i guess you're saying that one way or another miami WILL use its top pick on a qb this april...come hell or high water

JMO from the A&M games I saw, but he had a lot of picks that came from either WRs tipping a pass in the air, or getting a case of the alligator arms. He's had some overthrows, but he does have nice timing and high intelligence.

I'm not saying I'd be in love with the pick. He's a good project player but a project at #7 overall seems hard to swallow especially if you can get someone that's flat out better on the football field (Weeden).

If there's no possibility of Luck, depending on who comes out, I'd be interested in Wilson, Weeden and Tannehill. But I'd also explore trading down to garner another first next year as well.

I'm not saying I'd be in love with the pick. He's a good project player but a project at #7 overall seems hard to swallow especially if you can get someone that's flat out better on the football field (Weeden).

would you say the same projecting tannehill 7 years from now though given the difference in age etc??? see to me when comparing weeden to other qb prospects because of his age at least i am trying to envision where i can see guys relative where weeden is right now 7 years in the future...which further muddys the waters for me

I wouldn't mind trading out of the first entirely and picking up a first for next year. Looks like that draft may be stacked with QBs we could trade up for.

Hell, why not do both. Trade back to the late first or out completely. Pick up a 1st next year, maybe another 2nd this year, draft Tannenhill or Weeden in the 2nd if you believe in either one. I can guarantee you that Weeden will NOT be a 1st round pick this year. I would even be a little surprised if he is an early 2nd. Not to say I wouldn't take him in the 2nd if we hadn't got a QB yet, but from what I have seen, this guy is projected anywhere from the late 2nd all the way into the 5th.

Almost all but set in stone, Pete Thamel is reporting Barkley told teammates he will be returning.

Who cares. All i know is a couple of years from now im going to be sitting back cherishing and relishing those victories we had against the bills, skins and chiefs from this year. Franchise QBs come and go but those 5 win seasons are a lifetime of wonderful memories.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom