Barry Jackson notes. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson notes.

I'm not arguing that Shelton has a higher ceiling. I'm saying Mitchell is a good enough player and a better complement to Suh where he could hold off on Shelton starting year 1. And so I personally would rather fill a glaring need with such a high pick than round out my depth chart at DT.

Actually Shelton is the guy that's the perfect complement to Suh. A true plugger. Mitchell was signed to be a rotational DT, and he is a solid player, but there is no way that Shelton isn't an upgrade over him at the position. Plus you aren't just drafting for the current year. Mitchell likely wont be here 2 years from now. I do like Hops suggestion of trading back for more picks and having Goldman be the upgrade over Mitchell though. Always love more picks, and it would accomplish the same goal albeit with a slightly less talented player.

Isn't Sheldon more of a 3-4 NT?

It is interesting how all someone has to do is mention a player for the Phins at 14 and people just go GaGa for them...

ideal fit yes 34 nose...but he could also man a 2 down plugger dt role in our d...at least he wouldnt be just a pure none scheme fit...but again though if thats what i'm looking for i'll trade back and pluck goldman

might be able to do that even sliding back 10 slots of course you gonna gain later picks in rounds in return given you are letting a contender come up if you dropped to say 25

Parker seems to yo-yo up and down in terms of scouts assesment. If there are 4 receivers drafted in the first 12 picks then it's a moot point, as no one else is worth drafting until the early 20s. Perriman has 'diva' written all over him, as well as seeming to not play at his timed speed. I watched his 'highlight' video and saw a long-strider who feasted on lower-level competition.

We need guys with the ability AND attitude to kick ass from day one.

ideal fit yes 34 nose...but he could also man a 2 down plugger dt role in our d...at least he wouldnt be just a pure none scheme fit...but again though if thats what i'm looking for i'll trade back and pluck goldman

might be able to do that even sliding back 10 slots of course you gonna gain later picks in rounds in return given you are letting a contender come up if you dropped to say 25

I like Goldman...(then again my FSU bias pushes that)...his games against Clemson and Oakie State were outstanding...

I like Goldman...(then again my FSU bias pushes that)...his games against Clemson and Oakie State were outstanding...

oregons grassu is the only guy i saw on tape handle him pretty well which is a feather in his cap cause goldman is a load at the poa to move out inside the tackles but how much of that was tempo of play based and the kid just getting gassed

only a junior too

We have 5 positions of need. DT is probably the 6th on any list. It's hard to believe that a BPA guy couldn't overlap a need for us.

If Xavier Williams is untapped at pick 190, go for it. Steal.

Back
Top Bottom