Barry Jackson: Shazier emerging as a real possibility for Dolphins at 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson: Shazier emerging as a real possibility for Dolphins at 19

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
The buzz is increasing around Ohio State linebacker Ryan Shazier, and he’s emerging as one of several real possibilities for the Dolphins at No. 19, unless they trade down to take an offensive tackle (which is also a consideration if Zack Martin is off the board).

Mark Dominik, a close friend and former co-worker of Dolphins GM Dennis Hickey, said today that Shazier “should be drafted ahead of” Alabama linebacker C.J. Mosley. Dominik called him a “great tackler and playmaker who has all the tools.” (Dominik and Hickey often share the same view of players, incidentally.)

Shazier said his game is especially comparable to Tampa Bay linebacker Lavonte David. (Dominik told us previously that Hickey strongly advocated drafting David, who has become a terrific player.)“I feel I compare to Lavonte David or NaVorro Bowman,” Shazier said.

Shazier had monster numbers last season: 134 tackles, 23 for loss (third in the country), six sacks, four pass breakups and four forced fumbles.“Shazier flies around the field and his unique athletic ability stands out,” NFL.com’s Nolan Nawrocki said. “Offers a tremendous combination of speed, tackling and coverage skills to become a playmaker.”

Shazier's father, Vernon, has been the Dolphins’ chaplain for the past five seasons.At just over 6-1 and 237 pounds, Shazier wouldn’t be big enough to fit the prototype of former Dolphins personnel czars Bill Parcells and Jeff Ireland. But Hickey has said he has no such size requirements with linebackers.

ESPN’s Todd McShay has Shazier going 20th, a pick after Miami, in his mock draft.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...phins-chatter-the-case-for-shazier-canes.html

Yes!

Honestly, I'm FAR more concerned about our linebacker core than I am of the protection at this point. RT can be addressed in round 3 or at 50. After Mosley and Shazier, there's a drop off at linebacker talent.

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_m5paa5KJvb1rwcc6bo1_500-1.gif

Ju James Bitonio Moses - I believe one will fall - none of these guys project to be a L.T. - if they did I would be more worried - even Guards are valuable than RTs in my opinion

Shazier's father, Vernon, has been the Dolphins’ chaplain for the past five seasons.At just over 6-1 and 237 pounds, Shazier wouldn’t be big enough to fit the prototype of former Dolphins personnel czars Bill Parcells and Jeff Ireland. But Hickey has said he has no such size requirements with linebackers.

That's a pretty solid foot in the door that I was unaware of.
Athletic - check
Position of need - check
High character - probable check
Team connection - check
Joe probably knows his Dad pretty well and has been well briefed on Ryan's development.

Ju James Bitonio Moses - I believe one will fall - none of these guys project to be a L.T. - if they did I would be more worried - even Guards are valuable than RTs in my opinion

Two of the three will go first round.... that's a long way for the third to fall in the second.

This dude looks freaky as hell with the no eyebrow look
IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
This dude looks freaky as hell with the no eyebrow look [url]http://www.10tv.com/content/images/sports/OSU-Football/2012/player-headshots-in-jerseys-2012/Shazier_Ryan_Jersey.JPG[/url][ /IMG][/QUOTE]

Just as I suspected....android...

Back
Top Bottom