Barry Sander/Emmitt Smith | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Sander/Emmitt Smith

SCall13

Finheaven QB
Reaction score
Just a fun fact:

I was looking up player stats and decided to see how many more yards Barry Sanders would have had than Emmitt Smith had Barry had the same number of carries and Barry had maintained his career average per carry. Here is what it would have been:

Emmitt Smith: 18,355 yards

Barry Sanders: 22,045 yards.

Pretty astounding numbers.

Thats why Barry Sanders will always be the greatest Running back to ever play the game.

Majpain said:
Thats why Barry Sanders will always be the greatest Running back to ever play the game.

No so fast Dr. Pepper breath!! :lol:

Look at Jim Brown:

118 Games.....12312 yards......5.2 yards a carry.

Emmitt:

226 games.....18355 yards.....4.2 yards per carry....4409 carries.

OK, whipping out the calculator......

If Brown had 4409 carries at 5.2 yards a carry that would be:

22927 yards!!!! :eek: ....OK, Barry was great too.

I wonder what the numbers would have been if you put barry sanders under the line cowboys had?

Bruzer said:
I wonder what the numbers would have been if you put barry sanders under the line cowboys had?

With his running style, he didn't need a great offensive line.

Majpain said:
Sadly I wasnt around when he was playing.

Best ALL AROUND runner in history, no one comes even close. Brown might have been a better runner, or Sander etc. but no one could do it all like Payton.

He had great hands and was probably the best blocker that ever played the position of running back.

And with all that he put up some pretty stellar numbers playing on a BAD Bears team for over half his career.

The running back debate is generational. People that are (41-60) will choose Jim Brown or O.J. Simpson, people in my age group (30-40) will choose Payton or Earl Campbell, people aged 16-30 will chose Sanders or Smith, people under the age of 16 will chose L.T.

Barry should have never retired. He should have finished his career in Miami for Marinos last year!

Majpain said:

he's the best I have ever seen but barry's won Father says Jim Brown was better so I have to go w/ Brown at #1.

the one negative with sanders is how many plays he had that went for zero or negative yardage and how many drives were killed because of that. earl campbell, jim brown, hell even previous detroit superstar billy sims didnt come close to equaling his zero and negative ydg plays. in open space however or for pure creativity, sanders is probably the best

Back
Top Bottom