Barry Sander/Emmitt Smith | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Sander/Emmitt Smith

Sirspud said:
L.T.? No doubt a great runner, but it's hard to put him in the same category as Barry Sanders.

That's more of a shot to under 16 football fans, than it is a compliment to LT.

He's saying the under 16 year olds don't have an appreciation for Sanders, Payton, and Brown because they've had more exposure to LT, just like we had with the names I mentioned.

GoBills24 said:
That's more of a shot to under 16 football fans, than it is a compliment to LT.

He's saying the under 16 year olds don't have an appreciation for Sanders, Payton, and Brown because they've had more exposure to LT, just like we had with the names I mentioned.

Eaxactly.

Roman529 said:
No so fast Dr. Pepper breath!! :lol:

Look at Jim Brown:

118 Games.....12312 yards......5.2 yards a carry.

Emmitt:

226 games.....18355 yards.....4.2 yards per carry....4409 carries.

OK, whipping out the calculator......

If Brown had 4409 carries at 5.2 yards a carry that would be:

22927 yards!!!! :eek: ....OK, Barry was great too.

How about for fun--comparing LT's #'s now and projected.

One thing I've always felt bad about LT is not having any line...imagine LT behind KC's line. Look at Larry Johnson right now without Roaf.

L.T.21 said:
One thing I've always felt bad about LT is not having any line...imagine LT behind KC's line. Look at Larry Johnson right now without Roaf.
he's not doing that much worse than tomlinson.

The Lions ol was pretty bad, but it was too bad that the lions had one great flaw, that prevented them from going to the super bowl or having a superbwol caliber team. That flaw was qb, which were mediocare or decent at best. Rodney Peete sucked, Scott Mitchell was not that good, I remember watching lions games on tv, if Miami wasn't on. He had his moments, but he was average, and not a good qb, which most teams need unless they have a historically great defense like the Ravens, and just dominant in every category.

Erik Kramer wasn't that good either. Because if you, think about it, the Lions did have a lot of talent during the Sanders days. I believe they went 12-4 the first years or so, and lost a playoff game against the Redskins in the NFC championship game, but they crushed the cowboys the game before for the divisional game. They had a solid defense, and talented offense. I remember the were on a roll one season where they won , I think, seven games straight and loss in the wild card game against the Eagles. Herman Moore caught a TD pass that would have won the game, but he was pushed out of bounds by an eagles defender while in the air. It was pretty clear that Moore would have had his feet in bounds if he wasn't pushed out. Robert Porcher, Jerry Ball, and Chis Spielman among the group were good. I can't think of the res right now. Chris Spielman was a very good lb,or was the top or close to the top lb during the early to mid 90s. Mel Gray was a really good special teams returner.

He was pretty good in Tecmo Super bowl as well. Then on offense, they obviously had star rb, Barry Sanders, but they also had pretty darn good WRs, unfortunately they did not have a top qb, to fulfill the great potential that the offense had. I think it could have been even better. Herman Moore was a really good WR, and was one of the top Wrs in the early to mid 90s and always seemed to be near the top with yards,with Rice, Irvin, Sharpe, etc. They also had Brett Perriman as well, who was a really good no.2 WR. Then later in the 90s they had Johny Morton as the no.3 WR with the crew, that only added more talent to the Wr corps. It's too bad for Barry, the team had a lot of talent, but they lacked two very important flaws, and that was a good ol and a good qb, just as Marino and Miami lacked a good rb, and a top defense. Barry was one of my favorite players, just as Marino was, obviously. So, I wasn't really a fan of the lions, but I wanted them to win because of Barry, that's why it's too bad Barry couldn't get the ring as well. After Barry retired, I could care less about the Lions.

Obviously, Jerry Rice, Micheal Irvin were arguably the two best WRs during the 90's, but I think Sterling Sharpe, and Herman Moore don't have the recognition, they were on the top list as well. They had pretty good careers with yards and stats. unfortunately for Sharpe, he could have had a hall of fame career, witht the TDs and yards he racked up in just 7 seasons. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/SharSt00.htm Herman Moore was really good as well and had a huge statistical season in '95 http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/MoorHe00.htm I would have to say Sharpe and Moore were the top five WRs in the NFL during the 90s. no.1 was Rice, obviously, then no.2 was Michael Irvin. no.3. Sterling Sharpe. no.4 Herman Moore, and no.5 Andre Reed.

Its a shame that people never mention Billy Sims the other Detroit legend. I swear that guy wouldve been mentioned in these conversations if he didnt blow out his knee. The guy was amazing. Better short yardage runner and better threat out of the backfield than Sanders though Sanders was the better pure runner

cltchperf said:
The Lions ol was pretty bad, but it was too bad that the lions had one great flaw, that prevented them from going to the super bowl or having a superbwol caliber team. That flaw was qb, which were mediocare or decent at best. Rodney Peete sucked, Scott Mitchell was not that good, I remember watching lions games on tv, if Miami wasn't on. He had his moments, but he was average, and not a good qb, which most teams need unless they have a historically great defense like the Ravens, and just dominant in every category.

Erik Kramer wasn't that good either. Because if you, think about it, the Lions did have a lot of talent during the Sanders days. I believe they went 12-4 the first years or so, and lost a playoff game against the Redskins in the NFC championship game, but they crushed the cowboys the game before for the divisional game. They had a solid defense, and talented offense. I remember the were on a roll one season where they won , I think, seven games straight and loss in the wild card game against the Eagles. Herman Moore caught a TD pass that would have won the game, but he was pushed out of bounds by an eagles defender while in the air. It was pretty clear that Moore would have had his feet in bounds if he wasn't pushed out. Robert Porcher, Jerry Ball, and Chis Spielman among the group were good. I can't think of the res right now. Chris Spielman was a very good lb,or was the top or close to the top lb during the early to mid 90s. Mel Gray was a really good special teams returner.

He was pretty good in Tecmo Super bowl as well. Then on offense, they obviously had star rb, Barry Sanders, but they also had pretty darn good WRs, unfortunately they did not have a top qb, to fulfill the great potential that the offense had. I think it could have been even better. Herman Moore was a really good WR, and was one of the top Wrs in the early to mid 90s and always seemed to be near the top with yards,with Rice, Irvin, Sharpe, etc. They also had Brett Perriman as well, who was a really good no.2 WR. Then later in the 90s they had Johny Morton as the no.3 WR with the crew, that only added more talent to the Wr corps. It's too bad for Barry, the team had a lot of talent, but they lacked two very important flaws, and that was a good ol and a good qb, just as Marino and Miami lacked a good rb, and a top defense. Barry was one of my favorite players, just as Marino was, obviously. So, I wasn't really a fan of the lions, but I wanted them to win because of Barry, that's why it's too bad Barry couldn't get the ring as well. After Barry retired, I could care less about the Lions.

Obviously, Jerry Rice, Micheal Irvin were arguably the two best WRs during the 90's, but I think Sterling Sharpe, and Herman Moore don't have the recognition, they were on the top list as well. They had pretty good careers with yards and stats. unfortunately for Sharpe, he could have had a hall of fame career, witht the TDs and yards he racked up in just 7 seasons. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/SharSt00.htm Herman Moore was really good as well and had a huge statistical season in '95 http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/MoorHe00.htm I would have to say Sharpe and Moore were the top five WRs in the NFL during the 90s. no.1 was Rice, obviously, then no.2 was Michael Irvin. no.3. Sterling Sharpe. no.4 Herman Moore, and no.5 Andre Reed.

Weren't Moore and Perriman the first duo to top 100 catches in the same season? It's amazing these guys fly so far under the radar, especially Moore.

Sirspud said:
Weren't Moore and Perriman the first duo to top 100 catches in the same season? It's amazing these guys fly so far under the radar, especially Moore.

Brett Perriman:http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/PerrBr00.htm

Herman Moore: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/MoorHe00.htm

Yes, it was the '95 season actually. Yes, Herman Moore was a really good WR, yet he was so underrated, and Perriman was good too. We talk about the duo of Harrison and Wayne, Chad Johnson and T.J Housh....., or Boldin and Fitzgerald, but this tandem was just as good if not better. Talk about huge yards, these guys combined for 231 receptions, 3,174 yards receiving and 23 TDS for the '95 season!:eek: Now that is just rediculous. Fitzgerald and Boldin's season was amazing, and I don't recall seeing any no.1 and no.2 WRs on a team producing that many yards. Harrison and wayne have both had 1,000 yard seasons, but not like Fitz and Boldin. And with even such a high total those two had last season, You can see that Moore and Perriman even had quite a bit more.

Detroit had a no.1 WR who almost had 1,700 yards, and on top of that, a no.2 WR with almost 1,500 yards. Moore had 123 receptions in '95, that is a lot of catches. Not only was PErriman's performance that of a no.1 Wr, but a top or probowl worthy performance. the Cardinals did not have a ground game so they had to air it up, but Detroit, obviously had a great ground attackand they still had that many yards. They both had 1,000 yards for the '06 season as well. I never knew that Perriman joined the Dolphins for his last season.

Back
Top Bottom