Bart Scott, "The AFC east has never seen a violent defense" | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bart Scott, "The AFC east has never seen a violent defense"

Anyone else notice that a few Balt players (playing for Rex Ryan) looked like they were purposely trying to injure our players in last years playoff game?

I know Suggs was punching Ronnie's helmet or something when they were on the ground, and Ronnie tried to get up and kick his *** but he was held back. If someone can find footage of that it'd be GREAT.

Ronnie hardly gets pissed, so to see him jump up at someone like that actually gets me fired up :lol: As much as I hated that game, everything Ronnie did that game got me pumped.

Ryan is a punk and im sure it will rub off on the Jets. I hated the jets before but now this whole Rex Ryan BS is just fueling the fire for everyone in the EAST.

Scott's offensive teamates will resent that statement after we smack around Sanchez and them all day, twice.

I dislike the Jets enough, add 2 former ****y Ravens and a rookie QB and its gonna be a good year.

Don't underestimate the Jets defense. They have a lot of talent and Ryan shut down our offense last season. Some of you guys make it sound like a cake walk when we play them. We should beat them but it won't be easy.

This is true but it is only because he would have better coaching down here. :lol:

I keep forgetting about the greatest coaching staff of all time. Nick Saban is one heck of a coach:D

Glad you said that, because if you compare the stats of Crowder to Scott, I guess you are also saying Crowder is not only a good player but a more consistant players.....

Scott
..........................................Tackles
.................................GS...Total...Solo...Ast...Sck
2008 Baltimore Ravens...16....82......61......21....1.5
2007 Baltimore Ravens...16....93.....62......31.....1.0
2006 Baltimore Ravens...16...103....78.....25...... 9.5
2005 Baltimore Ravens...10....92.....62....30....... 4.0
2004 Baltimore Ravens....0.... 21....13..... 8........0.0
2003 Baltimore Ravens....0......22.....19.....3........0.0
2002 Baltimore Ravens....0......20.....16.....4....... 0.0
TOTAL................................433...311...122....16.0

Crowder
...............................................Tackles
...............................GS...Total...Solo...Ast...Sck
2008 Miami Dolphins.....15...113......92.....21....0.0
2007 Miami Dolphins.....11....78......61......17....0.5
2006 Miami Dolphins.....16....103....60.......43...1.0
2005 Miami Dolphins.....16.....84.....53.......31...0.0
Total...............................378...266.....112..1.5

In his 4 years Crowder's 378 tackles, and 266 solo tackles has been more impressive then Scotts 433 & 311 in 7 years, and if anything, Crowder has been more consistant, and even though Scott has way more sacks, he also had way more talented players around him to help him.

So if you are calling Scott a good players, then you must also a fan of what Crowder has done, and he is also younger.

Scott wasn't a starter until 2005, I will tell you guys this AGAIN. Tackle stats are subjective, more tackles does not mean better player. Channing Crowder is an invisible player, I never notice him watching dolphin games. it's hard not to notice Scott watching Raven games.

Crowder had 20 more tackles than him. You"re such a hater, I really dont know why you even post on here. Guy is Ed Hartwell part 2.

I forgot tackles mean everything which is why Zach was better than ray lewis:lol:

Last time I checked, Ginn actually played in his first year.

B/c you had no WRs, we had players at Gholstons position. he was never expected to start, he was expected to show us something and be a situational pass rusher but he wasn't expected to start.

I think most of the linebackers in this league could put up Bart Scott's numbers when playing with Suggs and Lewis. That said his numbers weren't that great anyway, if anything they have been on the decline since 2006 which was his best year.

So you don't think having great players around him would cut into his #s?

The "present" is that there's only one reigning AFC East Champion until dethroned. Period!

You do realize this is a new season, right? Your div title was last season. You don't get any extra wins for that div title, it has zero effect on this year.

Actually, many of us were against the Phins pursuing him. He offered no upgrade over Crowder IMO.
Scott benefitted from playing alongside Suggs and Lewis and behind Ngata.
I believe he was overpaid as I thought Pace was last year.

Isn't Crowder an ILB? What would pursuing Pace have to do w/ that?

Now Scott will play alongside Harris and behind Jenkins.

To really show how horrible the Jets franchise has been: (and it's not just because their former owner decided to have green and white as their team colors because those were the colors of his stupid gas stations--- I never got gas at Hess gas stations for good reason).

This decade has been the best decade for the Jets, ever- since the 1970 NFL merger putting them in the AFC East.

This decade has been by far the worst decade for the dolphins, ever. Some horrible coaching contributed to that, as well as terrible talent evaluators for the draft and free agency.

Both teams are at .500 record wise for the decade... The Jets are 71-73 while the Dolphins are 72-72, but the Jets won one more playoff game than the Dolphins pitting them both at 73 wins for the decade.

There is really no difference in the records of both teams this decade, yet for the Jets and their fans this decade has been a revival of sorts for them.. Shows how pathetic the Jets really are.

Just think of all the times during this decade as a Dolphins fan when you have been extremely disappointed. Think how many times you wanted to throw a remote at the TV watching our team play- how many times you have cringed on draft day, how many times you cringed inside with the stupidity of management decisions... -- That is the best a Jets fan has ever had.

I think this video sums it up very nicely how it is to be a Yets fan- ( and sums up how dorky they are, the classy NY football fans are Giants fans- who are also the only football fans in NY who have a higher IQ level than a canary )

Can't wait to see the faces of Yets fans who who are all riding on Rex's empty words, the empty words Pace, the empty words of Scott and Rhodes.. Only Yets fans can be so stupid and so easily influenced... Soon, they will all have the face of that Yets fan in the vid, crying in their misery.... As usual.

The record doesn't iundictae how much better we have been. We lost our QB in 3 seasons and it led to horrible records which dragged down our overall record but despite that we have more playoff apps and more playoff wins. We have dominated you head to head, been to more postseasons, won a div title while Brady was healthy, been competitive in div playoffs.

Greyboy you dont like the jets much HUH.................................. i agree!!!!!!!:)

Awesome tagline!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It burns hium and Vark that as great as they think Miami is and as bad as they think we have been that we only have ONE less SB title than the dolphins:lol:

LOL..... That is just right.... he turned out to be....... NOTHINGGGGGG.... LOL.

Please don't you ever... ever... ever.... stop coming by to FINHEAVEN, :thanks:

Actually he was very good for us.

I personally think Scott is pretty overrated but I think the Jets will have the best defense in the afc east this season. The jets have 2 big question marks on offense Qb and receiver so they will probably need that defense.

I think Scott is going to help immensely w/ his attitude and knowing this defense, he will be a leader on that D and that cannot be refelected in #s though I expect him to post good #s.

We'll have a rookie QB but it sounds like Plaxico may be a Jet so that would solve any WR issues though adding to many crazy personalities in one locker room may not be a good idea.

NYjunc: No one hates Saban as much as I do, but someone rooting for a Rich Kotite or Herm Edwards coached team has no credibility when calling out any other coaches.

And to put this whole legacy thing into yet another perspective beyond the overwhelming numbers pro Fins/anti Jest, you do realize don't you, that your franchise's all time best QB is the same guy who now ranks as the Fins 3rd or 4th all time best QB.

992ixh-1.jpg

NYjunc: No one hates Saban as much as I do, but someone rooting for a Rich Kotite or Herm Edwards coached team has no credibility when calling out any other coaches.

And to put this whole legacy thing into yet another perspective beyond the overwhelming numbers pro Fins/anti Jest, you do realize don't you, that your franchise's all time best QB is the same guy who now ranks as the Fins 3rd or 4th all time best QB.

Herm led us to 3 postseasons in 5 years and a div title. Herm was a good coach.

Kotite was obviously a buffoon BUT he led the Eagles to to the playoffs which is something Saban could never do.

I love that it burns you how we have just ONE less SB when you think Miami is the yankees of the NFL:lol:

The only thing I remember about Bart Scott is him melting down and throwing his helmet in the endzone and contributing to our teams only victory that season. He lacks discipline and it will be interesting to see how he handles to the double teams and scheming that various teams will do against him now that no one has to worry about suggs and Lewis. He was the third linebacker on that team, so I'm not sure what he's flapping his gums about...

I love that it burns you how we have just ONE less SB when you think Miami is the yankees of the NFL:lol:

First you got your analogy backwards: 08/09 Jets = 08 Yankees

Second, with irrefutable stats like these, nothing about the aside from their delusions of past and present grandeur "burns" me.

point_to_link-1.gif

2dv4whj-1.jpg

First you got your analogy backwards: 08/09 Jets = 08 Yankees

Second, with irrefutable stats like these, nothing about the aside from their delusions of past and present grandeur "burns" me.

Super Bowl Titles
Miami 2
NY Jets 1

Last SB won:
Miami 1973
NY Jets 1968

Congratulations, you are an elite NFL franchise:lol:

Back
Top Bottom