Barton or JPG? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barton or JPG?

If JPJ is gone at 21 which looks to be likely to happen then I would look to trade down. If we could still get Barton in the 25 to 29 range and we can pick up a 3rd round pick that would be great.
I don't see Powers-Johnson getting past the Steelers at 20. They love Centers. They've had great ones through the years. Mike Webster, Pouncey just off the top of my head. I think Powers- Johnson would be a superb pick for Miami. Finally, a true Center and A rock star. This kid has future all pro written all over him. Re sign Williams and let him play Left Guard. It would be Armstead, Williams, Powers-Johnson, RG, not sure here but RT is Jackson. That's a very good starting oline!! There could be great competition for RG with FA, rookies and returning vets. Build that oline from the inside out, start with Powers Johnson and roll from there. Mahogony is a guy I like BTW.

I've done a bunch of mocks and the only time I get a decent haul of players is by trading down. We can move from 21 to 26 or 27 and pick up another pick in the 40's. Trade down again when it's our turn. This draft is deep.
Same here. With some skillful trades we could add 3 extra players in a deep draft. We must solve the Center position which is why if Johnson is there at 21 I think we must make the pick. That kid will really help us right away. Trade down from 55 in that event. If PJ is gone then I love your plan. I've had the same results with my mocks. Between 50-125 there's plenty of high quality players. We can't pick at 55 and then watch 100 players come off the board, that would suck!!

Jacksonville is a threat at 17 for both Fautanu and JPJ as they are desperate for IOL.

I like both guys, but C is not 1 of the 5 priority positions, so I'd bet we'd go after the OT prospect in the 1st round who can play OG while TA is still playing.

Same here. With some skillful trades we could add 3 extra players in a deep draft. We must solve the Center position which is why if Johnson is there at 21 I think we must make the pick. That kid will really help us right away. Trade down from 55 in that event. If PJ is gone then I love your plan. I've had the same results with my mocks. Between 50-125 there's plenty of high quality players. We can't pick at 55 and then watch 100 players come off the board, that would suck!!
This is quite interesting....🤔....don't think I've ever seen anyone respond to their own post and conversate as if it wasn't you you were responding too....lol...😆 🤣 😂

Would rather trade down rather than draft other of these.

An ideal trade out of the first round would be to either WAS or NYG who trade up from their 2 to get Penix/Nix

Taking a guy who might play OG early does not worry me as much for this reason.

He would have a year(or however many games Armstead plays) playing inside before moving to LT.

I think Fautanu is an OT but he might be a better OG, certainly early.

I still prefer Mims as a pure OT but it is hard to tell where he is going to come off the board.I am relatively confident Fautanu will make it to 21.
I’m not so sure. Hope he does

As of right now... with no real answer about which of our three interior lineman FAs might return, my choice at #21 is Fautanu. He ticks the two boxes that I look for: he looks like an eventual starter at LT, and he can play LG in the interim.

I might change my mind depending on which (if any) of our current linemen resign. I'd focus on Hunt and be willing to overpay there in order to get continuity, but I guess we'll see what happens.

If we lose all three, then all bets are off... and I might lean towards Barton.

But for now... today, my selection is Fautanu. He is the best combination of NOW and future.

I think if we go OL in the first it's a tackle. Maybe a guy that will play inside for a season but whose long term future is at tackle. Shanahan, McVay, McDaniel, none of them seem to value elite linemen outside of tackle. The 49ers have let good linemen go in free agency. Yes they have Trent, but outside of that their line was average last year.

Personally I think the center position is way undervalued, I would love us to get an elite center in place for the next 4/5 seasons.

As of right now... with no real answer about which of our three interior lineman FAs might return, my choice at #21 is Fautanu. He ticks the two boxes that I look for: he looks like an eventual starter at LT, and he can play LG in the interim.

I might change my mind depending on which (if any) of our current linemen resign. I'd focus on Hunt and be willing to overpay there in order to get continuity, but I guess we'll see what happens.

But for now... today, my selection is Fautanu. He is the best combination of NOW and future.
That’s logical. For me it’s 50/50 between Fautanu or JPJ at 21. But I’m guessing they will both be gone. If so, I trade down and pick Frazier (C/G) and then Amedjie (OT from Yale) in the 3rd. Hopefully we retain 1 of the 3 which likely changes everything.

Fautanu and Beebe at 55, if he makes it, and Miami can dictate the running game.

I'm still in the get more picks lane, but I also hope the Dolphins don't pass up an elite talent.

Lots to unwrap before the draft.

BPA or trade down. There is no way to know who the best player will be at #21. I can’t see passing on guys like Mims, Quinyon Mitchell, or Brian Thomas. Take the best player you can get or trade down. I guess the best player could be JPJ or Fautanu. I’d take Fautanu in that case.

What do you guys think of Christian Haynes from UConn. J-roll has him as the 3rd IOL listed and he seems to be around in the 2nd at our pick there if we go in another direction in round 1. I just did a mock with Bowers falling to 21, took him and then pivoted to Haynes in rd 2. He may just be a pure guard type though, I'm not sure.

What do you guys think of Christian Haynes from UConn. J-roll has him as the 3rd IOL listed and he seems to be around in the 2nd at our pick there if we go in another direction in round 1. I just did a mock with Bowers falling to 21, took him and then pivoted to Haynes in rd 2. He may just be a pure guard type though, I'm not sure.
Haynes might not be the perfect outside zone IOL but I think his feet are solid.

He is a very tough, physical player who could be there when Miami picks in R2.

I would prefer not going OG on Day 3 myself.

I am warming to the idea of grabbing a developmental OT like Suamataia or Amegadjie in R2 which could allow Miami to go somewhere else in R1.

I am also starting to fear that Mims and Fautanu will not make it to #21 anyway and reaching for Guyton there is not what I would want to do. Mayve trade back 5-8 spots and then take him but there are no guarantees doing that.

I am starting to give JC Latham a closer look but I don't think he is a LT(he might not be a OT at all)and he does not move like an outside zone OT needs to. he might be an absolute monster OG but I am not taking an OG that high.

On the other hand Olu Baby Hands Fashanu looks to be slipping and while he may never be a beast of a run blocker his pass pro is above reproach.

Back
Top Bottom