Bashing the Trade | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bashing the Trade

The Patriots signed him so he probably got a physical and workout there too. But they still cut him shortly after that. Just because he passes a physical doesn't mean he'll play as well as he did with the Patriots as a rookie.

Originally posted by breckenridge55
The Patriots signed him so he probably got a physical and workout there too. But they still cut him shortly after that. Just because he passes a physical doesn't mean he'll play as well as he did with the Patriots as a rookie.

Yeah..........with all the great moves we`vw made so far in the offseason I guess I`m just think`n super positive. Can`t hurt to hope. :)

Originally posted by Muck
Csonka and Morris - the REAL "Thunder and Lightning".

But lets not forget about another awesome RB from that team: JIM KIICK.

Jim Kiick was also a very tough runner and a very important part of our running game. He gave us a 3-headed monster back there.

FYI - Did you know that while both Csonka and Morris each had 1000 yards rushing in 1972, they also averaged over 5 ypc each?? Mercury averaged 5.3 ypc while Zonk had 5.2.

Wow.

Csonka was to running backs as Dick Butkis was to LB`s.

Originally posted by dolphan39
here is a better link: http://cbs.sportsline.com/b/page/pressbox/0,1328,5124212,00.html

Pete obviously never heard of John Avery or Yatil Green, i.e. how much a late #1 pick has NOT helped this team. Of course, you cannot compare this to the worst trade since the H Walker trade in the Faulk trade. The Faulk and Bettis trades were totally different in that they contract related (at least Faulk).

Pete Prisco is a moron :fire:

I read his "article" and the guy seems like he was trying to think of something to write, or was given the "bad cop" job by CBS. They said to him, think of how this trade is not good for Miami and write about it.

I like how he says we had a "limited passing attack last year" and Williams "isn't in the top five backs in the league".

Did he see CC play last season? If Williams isn't in the top five, then who are the top five? C. Martin, M. Faulk,C. Dillion, E. James....then who?

Williams has improved each year he has played, and yes he fumbles, (which to be perfectly honest worries me a lot) but hopefully he can be coached to hang onto the ball better.

Either way folks, it is the same old thing every year. The Media blasts us and says we suck. Every year we prove them wrong, so Pete...bring it on.

almost forgot:

thanks alpemomo for reminding me. STUPID PENALTIES! hope Norv can help out in that department as well. Or anyone! I remember the good ol days when they were the lowest penalized team in the league!!!
:(

I'm glad that most of the media thinks we're going to suck. We always do better when they put us down than when they praise us.

Re: almost forgot:

Originally posted by burghPhinFan
thanks alpemomo for reminding me. STUPID PENALTIES! hope Norv can help out in that department as well. Or anyone! I remember the good ol days when they were the lowest penalized team in the league!!!
:(
not signing Lo Bro will help out w/STUPID PENALTIES! - at least on D.

Originally posted by breckenridge55
Wait a second, although this guy from CBS is a moron. I wouldn't start relying on Robert Edwards or Leon Searcy. Who said Edwards was healthy? Hell, they almost had to amputate his leg and they said he would never walk again, let alone play football. B]

They said the exact same thing about Garrison Hearst.

Why did this guy even write this ridiculous article?

But aside from second-year player Chris Chambers, does anybody on the Miami offense scare a defense in terms of speed? Williams won't.

They felt it was time to go with second-year player Deuce McAllister, who they feel offers better big-play potential. Williams had just two runs over 20 yards last season, which shows that he's more of a pound-it threat than a guy who can rip off the long runs.

So speed is the only quality in a running back? Then I guess according to this guy's philosiphy, Jerome Bettis is average at best.

Whats wrong with a "pound-it" guy who can give the defense rest? Thats what we want in a runningback. Minor is our "big-play" guy on our offense.

So Mr. Genius Prisco, what would you do to improve our running game? Trade more picks than we did for Williams to get Taylor? Draft Foster? Sign Jamal Anderson?

My bet is that this idiot can't answer this question.

E-mail him the question, and post his sad-excuse for a reply if he even does reply :)

I filled out a response form to him. I included my email address, too.

hey pete, 2 of norv's past pound it out RB's lacking in breakaway speed, which incidentally made the pro bowl:
1. emmitt smith
2. stephen davis

dont rip the trade just to be contraversial and get headlines barkely, uhh... i mean prisco

Prisco

thinks he can be len paquarelli and sometime jump to ESPN...

ummm no.

I thought the funniest thing he said was how only 7 out of 44 Superbowl Champs have won the superbowl.... Pete...buddy...
there have only been 23 Superbowl Champs who played a sixteen game schedule...

Beyond that Barry Sanders and Eric Dickerson didn't exactly play for real football teams.

Prisco almost won my fraud of the week award...

but he is more of a non-issue, not even a flavor of the month.

Back
Top Bottom