Bateman or Marshall? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bateman or Marshall?

Id take Marshal but that is not saying much. Im not a fan of this class. Dolphins need to be careful to not overdraft guys.
In this class day 3 will net good wide outs, just as good as round one.
The way the boards are stacked right now, it's all about quick twitch fast receivers in round one, Smith, Chase, Waddle. If you must have one of those, and I do not think the Dolphins do, there is no need to reach for boundary receivers. The only physical beast at WR in this draft is Pitts.

IMO You have Smith and then Waddle at the top as two guys who separate quickly and could play the boundary or the slot. Then you have Marshall and not much more that's enticing. And I do believe the Dolphins need one of those. You have a great slot WR class though. That's where I think you'll find your day 3 bargain.

Marshall, faster, taller, better athlete overall, higher ceiling.

He was the #1WR recruit in his class and he still just watched Jefferson and Chase tear it up.

He was LSU's #1 this year but he didn't have Burrow or anybody else those two others played with and that made him not look as good as he could have but he was actually rated higher than them out of high school and could end having a better pro career.

To add something that hasn't been said. Marshall dominated much more than Bateman did and against SEC talent.

That has to count for something.

If Miami ends up with Waddle, with maybe a slight trade down, I'd love to see the Dolphins pair him with Marshall.

Both players can play outside and in the slot and separation won't be an issue with either. I have Bateman up there with Smith and Chase and think he is the 2nd best route runner in the entire draft behind only D. Smith. He is simply a pro bowl level impact player at the next level.

It’s Terrance Marshall and honestly it’s not close. For all the reasons other posters stated above. Terrance Marshall is really unique in this class and he’s probably the biggest of all of them yet he runs like a deer. I will say he’ll need to get stronger at the NFL level though.

I like Bateman but he looks like a future solid possession type receiver to me.

Marshall has big play capability and the size/speed traits you are looking for.

He looks like the 2nd round guy who outperforms 1st rounders as he matures, although he may be a 1st rounder by the time the Draft gets here.

I like Marshall a lot and Bateman not much at all, especially at the cost all of these big boards seem to predict.

Back
Top Bottom