bcs 11/26 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

bcs 11/26

Crowder52 said:
Oh I don't know, maybe based on the fact that they played two solid teams during the course of the entire season and lost by a combined 7 touchdowns. Just a thought :rolleyes: .

They played more than two solid teams. But besides that losing to two of the best teams in the country arent exactly bad losses. They lost by a lot in those games but no one is saying ND is a top 5 team. Top 12 though and BCS eligible, absolutely. What two solid teams did Boise play? Some teams with losses lost to horrible teams. Is it better to lose by 20 at the Coliseum or by a TD to an unranked team?

The greatest injustice in football is ND getting a BCS bid? A little dramatic dont you think

Crowder52 said:
Oh I don't know, maybe based on the fact that they played two solid teams during the course of the entire season and lost by a combined 7 touchdowns. Just a thought :rolleyes: .

Georgia Tech* and Penn St are both high quality wins, not to mention good quality wins against UCLA, purdue**, and navy* (8-3...soon to be 9-3). There is absolutely no shame in getting beat in two deceivingly high margin losses against the uncontested #2* and #3 teams in the entire nation. Notre Dame has more right to the BCS, when considering all the rivalry games and elite opponents they have to play, than any team besides USC, Michigan, and Ohio State.

*denotes hostile environment
**much better than their record indicates

DonShula84 said:
They played more than two solid teams. But besides that losing to two of the best teams in the country arent exactly bad losses. They lost by a lot in those games but no one is saying ND is a top 5 team. Top 12 though and BCS eligible, absolutely. What two solid teams did Boise play? Some teams with losses lost to horrible teams. Is it better to lose to 20 at the Coliseum or by a TD to an unranked team?

I don't know where you're headed with that last question. It would be better to beat USC and lose to Navy, in my opinion, because then you show you can actually play with the big boys. Or at least play one of the two teams close.

You certainly won't find me making the argument that Boise St. should be in the BCS either. Their schedule is a joke. And of course the "greatest injustice" statement is hyperbole.

Mizzou at there place (they were ranked, yes overated, but still ranked)

Texas A&M at there place (ranked, beat Texas at home, lost to South and North division champs by 1 point)

OSU (Rivals no matter how weak always play you hard, like FSU and Florida)

and stretching it, Washington who started out great but then fell victim to the new clock rule and lost to USC I think on the USC 20 yard line.

Oregon :D

Yes our SoS isnt very hard, still a win is a win

wierd...i posted my thing like 7 minuets ago and it just got put on

Crowder that was in responce to your last post to me :D

AirFishOne said:
Mizzou at there place (they were ranked, yes overated, but still ranked)

Texas A&M at there place (ranked, beat Texas at home, lost to South and North division champs by 1 point)

OSU (Rivals no matter how weak always play you hard, like FSU and Florida)

and stretching it, Washington who started out great but then fell victim to the new clock rule and lost to USC I think on the USC 20 yard line.

Oregon :D

Yes our SoS isnt very hard, still a win is a win

If those are your big wins, then you answered your own question as to why you are behind Auburn. I'm not hating on OU, I actually think you guys are solid and will handle Nebraska easily. I'm also a big Stoops fan from his days as a D-Coordinator at UF.

But with who Auburn has beat this year, they deserve to be higher.

Crowder52 said:
If those are your big wins, then you answered your own question as to why you are behind Auburn. I'm not hating on OU, I actually think you guys are solid and will handle Nebraska easily. I'm also a big Stoops fan from his days as a D-Coordinator at UF.

But with who Auburn has beat this year, they deserve to be higher.

I agree with you, now that I think about it, Auburn was ranked to high to drop below us this point in the season anyway, o well itll all work it self out

NDIrishPhinPhan said:
Georgia Tech* and Penn St are both high quality wins, not to mention good quality wins against UCLA, purdue**, and navy* (8-3...soon to be 9-3). There is absolutely no shame in getting beat in two deceivingly high margin losses against the uncontested #2* and #3 teams in the entire nation. Notre Dame has more right to the BCS, when considering all the rivalry games and elite opponents they have to play, than any team besides USC, Michigan, and Ohio State.

*denotes hostile environment
**much better than their record indicates

GA tech seems to be the only quality win. Beating UCLA (with their backup QB and at home), Purdue, and Navy are NOT quality wins. Penn St. is a good win, but nothing special. The only 'elite opponents' they had scheduled they lost to - big time. The only claim to the BCS they have is that they look mighty impressive taking on the Coast Guard.

AirFishOne said:
Auburn is STILL ahead of us? :shakeno:

*waits for SEC homer to give me reasons*

:tongue:

You honestly can't be serious. Auburn is ridiculously better than Oklahoma. I'd like to see the two play each other, and you'd see why Auburn is ranked higher.

LSU with the late season surge. I would love to see a LSU vs. Louisville match up. USC vs. LSU would be good too.

Irishfan, can i ask you a question...Why do you have a picture of brady quinn stretching with his shirt off?

Motion said:
LSU with the late season surge. I would love to see a LSU vs. Louisville match up. USC vs. LSU would be good too.

That would be fun...the U of L - LSU match up I mean.:D

Back
Top Bottom