BCS game for WVU? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BCS game for WVU?

F

FLOUNDER

I know the selection is a long ways away

But, if WVU wins out. Could they possibly play in a BCS bowl game, such as the orange bowl or something like that?

I think its possible. It was going to be possible for U of L too, if they lost.

WV has a shot, but I don't see it to be honest

I only see them having a shot at the Fiesta Bowl. And I think the Fiesta Bowl will take Boise if they run the table and they will want a "sexier" team than WV to help sell that bowl.

Probably the Cal/USC loser who doesn't end up in the ROse Bowl. Just to make the game more regional to sell tickets

They have a shot but would have to play lights out for the last 4 games.

Right now you have 4 spots up for grabs after each BCS conference sends it champion. ND, Boise St, and a 2nd Big10 team have 3 locked up so far. That leaves one spot open for a 1 loss team from the other 5 BCS conferences. There would have to be a few upsets in the SEC and Pac10 for WVU to get the last spot IMO.

Best chance would be for UofL to lose to Rutgers and WVU beat Rutgers then be ranked the highest of any BigEast team to get the BCS Spot.

Other Scenario would be if ND drops another game and slides down the rankings or Boise loses.

Impossible no, but no likely at this point.

If were ranked very high, maybe by the top 6 at the end of the year. There is no way we'll be denied a BCS game

Possibly, but they would need some help IMO.

But there are 4 at large bids.... who will get them

1. Notre Dame
2. Boise State
3. a one loss SEC team
4. us maybe??

WestVirginiaFan said:

1. Notre Dame
2. Boise State
3. a one loss SEC team
4. us maybe??

I think Notre Dame will have to beat USC.

As for a one loss SEC team, the loser of the SEC championship game is going to have 2 losses. However, they would look like a much better pick than WV most likely because of thier opponents.

WestVirginiaFan said:

1. Notre Dame
2. Boise State
3. a one loss SEC team
4. us maybe??

All depends how the season plays out. Too early to tell. All bias aside we could see 3 SEC teams in the BCS if Florida, Auburn, and Tennessee win out.

Frisches13283 said:
I think Notre Dame will have to beat USC.

As for a one loss SEC team, the loser of the SEC championship game is going to have 2 losses. However, they would look like a much better pick than WV most likely because of thier opponents.

Plus, Auburn and Tennessee could finish the season with 1 loss and not even make the SEC Championship game.

Motion said:
Plus, Auburn and Tennessee could finish the season with 1 loss and not even make the SEC Championship game.

I didn't even remember that. I forgot about Arkansas(that is who would make it ahead of Auburn, right?)

WestVirginiaFan said:
If were ranked very high, maybe by the top 6 at the end of the year. There is no way we'll be denied a BCS game

It goes by the BCS points, not ranking.

Back
Top Bottom