BCS game for WVU? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BCS game for WVU?

UF Fin Kat said:
boise state is the only at-large team that looks like a lock.

Only tough game left is Nevada, but Boise can't get enough BSC power points to make it in, only hope for them is a few teams above them have real bad loses against unranked teams.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Only tough game left is Nevada, but Boise can't get enough BSC power points to make it in, only hope for them is a few teams above them have real bad loses against unranked teams.

I don't think any of the teams above them have to lose bad to unranked teams, just losing in general might be enough.

Frisches13283 said:
I don't think any of the teams above them have to lose bad to unranked teams, just losing in general might be enough.

Well say Michigan losses to Ohio St, they don't lose too many power points losing to a top ranked team. It really depends on who and when you lose.

Rutgers has the same problem, they are ranked 15, but people say who do the play? If they beat L'Ville and then WV, they get very good power points.

Boise does not play any powerfull teams to collect big points, so other teams can leap frog them.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Well say Michigan losses to Ohio St, they don't lose too many power points losing to a top ranked team. It really depends on who and when you lose.

Rutgers has the same problem, they are ranked 15, but people say who do the play? If they beat L'Ville and then WV, they get very good power points.

Boise does not play any powerfull teams to collect big points, so other teams can leap frog them.

I mean the teams who are 8-12 right now. Boise has no chance at unseating the 1-6 teams right now.

so how good percentage chance would you give WVU of playing in a BCS bowl game if we win out?

Frisches13283 said:
I mean the teams who are 8-12 right now. Boise has no chance at unseating the 1-6 teams right now.

I know what you mean, but look at the standings (figure WV will drop to around 6 or 7)

BCS Standings 1. Ohio State 2. Michigan 3. West Virginia 4. Florida 5. Louisville 6. Auburn 7. Texas 8. USC 9. Notre Dame10. California11. Tennessee12. Rutgers13. Arkansas14. Boise State15. Boston College16. Wisconsin17. LSU18. Oklahoma19. Clemson20. Georgia Tech21. Texas A&M22. Oregon23. Washington State24. Wake Forest25. Virginia Tech

They need teams to lose, they can't get the power points on there own, so they have to have Rutgers lose twice to L'Ville and WV (One win will give them big points) and Arkansas, Tenn, Cali and the likes to lose.

Can they squeak in? Sure, but it won't be easy. I don't like the BSC system, but it is what it is.

Look at Rutgers, say they beat L'Ville and WV and go undeafeted, they still have no chance at the Championship game.

WestVirginiaFan said:
so how good percentage chance would you give WVU of playing in a BCS bowl game if we win out?

If you win out, I'd say 50%

WestVirginiaFan said:

Ask us that Monday after the new polls are out and we see where they stand.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I know what you mean, but look at the standings (figure WV will drop to around 6 or 7)

BCS Standings 1. Ohio State 2. Michigan 3. West Virginia 4. Florida 5. Louisville 6. Auburn 7. Texas 8. USC 9. Notre Dame10. California11. Tennessee12. Rutgers13. Arkansas14. Boise State15. Boston College16. Wisconsin17. LSU18. Oklahoma19. Clemson20. Georgia Tech21. Texas A&M22. Oregon23. Washington State24. Wake Forest25. Virginia Tech

They need teams to lose, they can't get the power points on there own, so they have to have Rutgers lose twice to L'Ville and WV (One win will give them big points) and Arkansas, Tenn, Cali and the likes to lose.

Can they squeak in? Sure, but it won't be easy. I don't like the BSC system, but it is what it is.

Look at Rutgers, say they beat L'Ville and WV and go undeafeted, they still have no chance at the Championship game.

I just want a 32 team playoff dangit! lol.

I don't think it is as easy to say IF WVU wins out they get in.

I think they are going to need some other teams to lose. So right now, I don't think you can put any kind of percentage on it. Still way too much football to be played. IT is still possible, but in all honesty, I don't see it. I think they needed to win the game last night to get a BCS bid. They really just don't have the resume of tough games. As of today they have only beat one team with a winning record and one with a .500 record. Yes they have Pitt and Rutgers, but if they beat them then that number only goes to 4 teams with .500 records or better and ONLY one top 25 win (at home). Sorry I just don't see it.

Oboy said:
I don't think it is as easy to say IF WVU wins out they get in.

I think they are going to need some other teams to lose. So right now, I don't think you can put any kind of percentage on it. Still way too much football to be played. IT is still possible, but in all honesty, I don't see it. I think they needed to win the game last night to get a BCS bid. They really just don't have the resume of tough games. As of today they have only beat one team with a winning record and one with a .500 record. Yes they have Pitt and Rutgers, but if they beat them then that number only goes to 4 teams with .500 records or better and ONLY one top 25 win (at home). Sorry I just don't see it.

I agree, I think they're gonna need some help.

NJFINSFAN1 said:

Why do you say that. UF lost to a #6 team and dropped from 2 to 9.

I think they drop to 9 or 10. MAYBE more.

I think both Cal and USC are going to BCS games. One to Rose bowl the other to Fiesta vs Boise

Oboy said:
Why do you say that. UF lost to a #6 team and dropped from 2 to 9.

I think they drop to 9 or 10. MAYBE more.

Yet again I agree. I definitely see them dropping down to 8-9 range if not more. I think Tennessee is better than WVU but I doubt they slide that far.

MikeO said:
I think both Cal and USC are going to BCS games. One to Rose bowl the other to Fiesta vs Boise

USC has alot of football left to play. I can easily see them with 3 losses at season's end.

Back
Top Bottom