BCS game for WVU? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BCS game for WVU?

Motion said:
USC has alot of football left to play. I can easily see them with 3 losses at season's end.

Then throw in Wisconsin. Send Cal to the Rose and put Wisconsin with 1 loss probably to the Fiesta. Or if Cal ends with only 1 or 2 lossses I think they end up in the Fiesta.

WestVirginiaFan said:
I know the selection is a long ways away

But, if WVU wins out. Could they possibly play in a BCS bowl game, such as the orange bowl or something like that?
Wow ...

I like the optimism, but we were just undressed on national TV.

Are we good enough to play in a BCS bowl? Absolutely!

Will we get a chance now? I really don't know.

It comes down to:
-How far we fall (currently bracing myself)
-The fortunes of several other teams (factors beyond our control)
-If Rutgers beats Louisville, & we beat Rutgers, & are the highest ranked of the three (that would get us in, but now my head hurts)

For completely selfish reasons

I hope WVU doesn't end up in a BCS bowl.
I'm going to the Gator Bowl this year. It usually holds the 2nd place teams in the ACC against Big East. I'd love to see WVU. With the ACC having a down year, there's also a good change Notre Dame could end up in that game (they've been there twice in the past eight years.

finswin56 said:
I hope WVU doesn't end up in a BCS bowl.
I'm going to the Gator Bowl this year. It usually holds the 2nd place teams in the ACC against Big East. I'd love to see WVU. With the ACC having a down year, there's also a good change Notre Dame could end up in that game (they've been there twice in the past eight years.

Gator Bowl has switched.

its the ACC vs the Big 12/Big East or ND

You may not get a Big East team this year. You might get stuck with the #3 Big 12 team

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/ncaa/07/14/bc.fbc.lgns.bowlpartnership.r/index.html

finswin56 said:
Thanks for the article. Hopefully they pick WV. That would be a far more intriguing team than whoever ends up 3rd in the Big12, at least for me.

Could get WV vs Clemson, Wake, GT or BC

finswin56 said:
Clemson or GT against WV would be awesome!

The best game TV wise is BC vs WV. Obvious storylines there and so on.

But I think BC might win the conference and end up in the BCS bowls. After that I think Clemson-WV is the next best match-up

MikeO said:
The best game TV wise is BC vs WV. Obvious storylines there and so on.

But I think BC might win the conference and end up in the BCS bowls. After that I think Clemson-WV is the next best match-up
True. I only listed GT so that I could see Calvin Johnson in person.

BCS still and always will confuse the hell out of me, but with 4 at-large bids, I could see the loser of Michigan/OSU sitting more favorably then WVU. I think WVU deserves it...I just don't like the BCS format in general

WestVirginiaFan said:
I know the selection is a long ways away

But, if WVU wins out. Could they possibly play in a BCS bowl game, such as the orange bowl or something like that?

One overrated team down that we don't have to hear about anymore.

Trekbiz said:
One overrated team down that we don't have to hear about anymore.
not true. if they win out, they're pretty much guaranteed to finish in the top 10 of the BCS.

and hopefully that would put us in a BCS bowl game

Tell me how we get beat by a #5 team and drop to 10th, and USC loses to an UNRANKED team and drops to the same place?

WestVirginiaFan said:
and hopefully that would put us in a BCS bowl game

Tell me how we get beat by a #5 team and drop to 10th, and USC loses to an UNRANKED team and drops to the same place?

USC didnt lose as badly as you guys did but more importantly people just dont believe in WVU because of the schedule. I thought USC would drop further than they did tbh but voters believe in them based on what they did in the past partially.

Back
Top Bottom