Bears Parting Ways With Brandon Marshall? Do we consider him again? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bears Parting Ways With Brandon Marshall? Do we consider him again?

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
The Chicago Bears do not have a head coach or general manager but a report on Tuesday stated that the decision has already been made to part ways with veteran wide receiver Brandon Marshall. Wide receiver Brandon Marshall could be on his way out of Chicago. According to Terry Boers of 670 The Score, sources believe that the Bears have already made the decision to part ways with Marshall. According to Boers’ source, the decision came from Bears’ brass and none of the prospective general managers interviewed have disagreed with the decision.
Marshall, whether his intentions or not, caused controversy within the Bears’ locker room in 2014. Marshall’s 45-minute press conference on domestic violence; decision to be a weekly guest on Showtime’s “Inside the NFL”; boxing challenges; and locker room outbursts have drawn the criticism of those inside and outside of Halas Hall. On the field in 2014, Marshall’s season was plagued with injuries. Marshall appeared in 13 games before his season was cut short after suffering broken ribs against the Dallas Cowboys on December 4. In those 13 games, Marshall totaled 721 receiving yards and 8 touchdowns on 61 receptions. Considering the fact that the Bears are without a head coach or general manager, the decision–if true–to part ways with Marshall was likely made by president Ted Phillips or chairman George McCaskey. Once a new general manager is hired, there will need to be an official decision on Marshall before March 1.

Couple knee jerk reactions I have to this report, which obviously is FAR from official and more rumor at this point so take it all with a grain of salt (not saying Boers sources aren’t wrong just that a lot of things could change).

1. If this is true, I’m ok with it. I like Brandon Marshall, he’s been a beast for the Bears, but realistically speaking he’s probably a ticking time bomb. We’ve seen it every now and then when he doesn’t get the ball or gets shut down in a game. His locker room presence is not the best, I accept that, and if the next Coach/GM thinks that it is an unmanageable situation you might as well do it now and start fresh.

2. Even if this is just a rumor the Bears are beyond stupid to have this leaked and get their leverage in a possible trade taken out from under them. Not shocking because it’s the Bears just sucks because now you get nothing for him.

3. Again if this is true, so much for letting the GM and Coach figure out the roster huh? That’s easily the most disappointing part of this news. The Bears have no GM, they have no coach, so the only person who could possibly make this decision at this exact moment is George and Ted, which is exactly what they shouldn’t be doing. Non Football guys making Football decisions. More of the same. Total dysfunction.

http://www.barstoolsports.com/chica...n-on-parting-ways-with-brandon-marshall-soon/

He would make a great compliment to Wallace. He's exactly what we need as a WR. But it won't happen because Philbin doesn't want players that are problems.

Along the lines of this thread, question to the OP:
Few years back, you inserted you fingers in electrical socket and were electrocuted. You now see the same socket again, you trying again?

Along the lines of this thread, question to the OP:
Few years back, you inserted you fingers in electrical socket and were electrocuted. You now see the same socket again, you trying again?

Depending what happens to Wallace......

Idk maybe Marshall will finally get it after being cut again and we can get him on a good contract and he will settle down with us since he lives in Florida.

We need a redzone threat

No way he is the kind of player Philbin wants on is team. I wouldn't touch him for the vet minimum. But we did just hire Tannenbaum who loves to sign assholes like Brandon Marshall.

i was just gonna say that the pats will pick him up....

pats will pick him up.

That would be awesome lol. If anyone can turn that locker room on it's ear it's Brandon Marshall...I believe in him lol.

I hope this doesn't mean that the Bears are going to go WR with their first pick...if it does it probably means Kevin White will be a Bear. They need defense though, in the worst way.

That would be awesome lol. If anyone can turn that locker room on it's ear it's Brandon Marshall...I believe in him lol.

I hope this doesn't mean that the Bears are going to go WR with their first pick...if it does it probably means Kevin White will be a Bear. They need defense though, in the worst way.

i'm thinking they'd start the washington state kid that quit on the team in college but has talent and jeffery

Back
Top Bottom