Because it's getting boring around here... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Because it's getting boring around here...

Generally speaking the players we have picked up have had some sort of connection with Saban or the coaches.

Correct me if I am wrong but I cant see a connection with Lelie.

Its fun to speculate but given Lelies lame duck contract position I think we will go into training camp with the WRs we allready have.

IMO we have more critical needs at other positions.

Heres the problem with Ledrop.
He isn't worthy of double coverage. Running a deep route normal draws the safety for help. However Ledrop doesn't command that type of respect.

He is what he is.

I think Lelie has great talent. If we could get him to play to his potential I'd be all for it. At this point, I'd still rather have Booker since he's reliable, and only averaged .7 less YPC last year. I just don't believe Lelie will improve. I have too much respect for Shanahan's motivational skills to believe that Saban will do that much better of a job to get him to the next level.

ckparrothead said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2511047

I just have to wonder. I mean, I know Ashley Lelie's no star receiver. But, I'll be danged if he isn't a big deep threat.

Two years in a row now he averages the highest YPC in the NFL. One of those years was a pretty embattled year for the man. That doesn't just happen with deep speed. That happens with deep ball ability in general. The guy is tall, runs like a gazelle, leaps like a kangaroo, and can come down with the ball.

But for this playbook, for this QB, for this offense...you have to admit Lelie would fit like a glove opposite Chambers.

The Denver Post did an excellent article on Lelie.....you know why he averages the highest YPC in the NFL? Answer: He will not go over the middle to catch the ball. He lets guys like Rod Smith do the hard work and take the catches over the middle. Lelie usually drops the over the middle catches and short routes. Yes, he can make some spectacular long catches but he is probably the most overrated receiver in the NFL, and a real head case. We don't want this guy, trust me....I see him every week.

Back
Top Bottom