Beck and 2nd string Ravens O drive 90 yards on Atlanta #1 D | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Beck and 2nd string Ravens O drive 90 yards on Atlanta #1 D

Would sure be nice to have a SOLB prospect with that Pat White pick . . . not for nothing, I like Pat . . but a top 12 2nd round pick? I dunno about that one. Sintim, Barwin, Kruger, Cody Brown and Michael Johnson sure look enticing . . . and Beck as a 3rd stringer I didn't have a problem with at all.

And Beck clearly didn't have a chance here.

That's my take exactly on it (Kruger for Balt is looking pretty good also).

Beck was a victim of a management change - it happens.

And enough with the you can't second guess BP bit. Let me say I think he's done a great, great job in rebuilding this franchise with Ireland & Sparano.

But, the same guy who drafted Chad P. also brought Ray Lucas into the NFL as his starter.

uh oh, done look now, here comes a wild *** wildcat play!

I dont know who this kid is but he looked sharp. I wouldnt mind bringing him to Miami. Heck i would be willing to trade a second round pick to see this kid in a dolphins jersey. He looks like the future

Wow your ability to read without understanding is amazing.

Do you even remember what happened after Penny was signed or WHEN he was signed? Do you also remember that right before Penny was signed, Sparano was quoted saying that the QB battle was STILL a dead heat? No separation according to Sparano.

Penny was signed right before the first preseason game. In that game, Beck played one qtr with the first team OL against the first team defense while Henne played 2 QTRs behind the first team OL AGAINST the second team defense. Beck was mostly handing off and had like 7 passes thrown. Henne playing much more and throwing a lot more putting larger numbers against the second team defense as should be expected. So, no real separation between the two there either. Their QB ratings were about the same.

Are you with me? The very next week the ONLY two QBs getting reps in practice were Henne and Penny. And it stayed that way the rest of the way through the preseason (3 more games in case you can't count)

So, tell me how the competition ends after one uneventful preseason game but, you somehow want everyone to believe that there was a real competition.

Some people say that preseason doesn't mean much. The truth is practice reps actually mean less than preseason GAME reps. You can tell much more about a QB when he plays against an opposing defense than when he plays in practice against a defense that knows all of the plays. Beck got all of ONE Qtr and a little bit more of play in 4 games. Henne played at least 8-10 QTRs in preseason. How can anyone claim an equal amount of reps in that case? you simply can't.

So, tell me how you can call it a competition when it was clearly over 4 weeks before the season even started and maybe 2 weeks after the offense was put in (when all 3 QBs were simply learning and not performing at peak levels.

There were competitions going on all over the field at just about every other position. But, you have to be drinking the BP kool aid to think that a rookie QB who wasn't performing too well himself in practice ascended over McCown and Beck that much in just a couple of days when right before that Tony stated that it was a dead heat between the three.

But, keep drinking the Parcells kool aid. It's obvious you like it. But, as for me I will judge each move he makes good and bad and judge them on their individual merits.

The handling of our QB situation was clearly poorly handled. I just hope that Beck doesn't come back to haunt us AND that Henne finally develops into what Parcells obviously thought he already was last preseason after just one game.

As of right now Beck looks much better in his development than either Henne or White.

But, I suppose you will argue that as well in spite of the huge disparity in what we have seen with our own eyes.

Did you even see the Ravens game? Beck looked lights out. Those throws were sharp, crisp and right on the money. His 100 plus QB rating for the game would have been much better if not for a dropped TD and at least two dropped perfect passes of over 30 yards each.

Meanwhile in Miami we are wondering if White or Henne will be our QB of the future.

:boohoo:
The denial has reached epic proportions. So it was just a 3 week competition ? Really ? Stop and think for 2 seconds. If you do you "might" remember a little thing called OTA's, maybe ?

So they only looked at Beck for 3 weeks ? hmmm that alone seems like a straight up lie to me. Parcels made up his mind after just 1 game ? The ota's, training camp, in season work and the offseason work after last season did not figure in ? Really? And you know this how ? Or is that just a lie you made up ?

Now, are you with me ? By the time you keep blabbering about rolled around, after Penny was signed, the competition was over. Are you with me ? Can you get that thru your skull ? So what on how long it was ? They saw what they needed and clearly saw more upside to Henne. And we dunno how that's going to play out yet.

Yet 1 more long post of yours that gives zero evidence that, now try to keep up here, during the competition Beck was in any way not given a fair and even chance. You keep bring up crap after Penny singed as if it mattered. It must to you, but the competition was OVER.

You have repeatedly talked about Sparano saying they were even. (Not sure this is even true since you have not linked it so we can see the date, though I'm sure it was even at some point). So even if he did think they were even, do you spend more time developing the younger or the older QB ? They were both looking at a new system and neither 1 was operating at full potential (and 1 was a rookie). Simple football decision.

BTW they didn't release Beck at the end of the competition either. He wasn't released till April 27, 2009. There were numerous reports about him being at the facility throwing some seemingly outrageous number of throws, with coaches or trainers, I forget now, working on his motion. So not only did they look at him much much longer than 3 weeks, the team also continued to invest in him after he lost said competition.

Just because you say the competition was not long enough does not make it true, that is not a fact. It would help your credibility if you stopped lying about how things actually went down.

Frankly I could care less what Beck is doing with the Ravens. It's pretty clear that you are butthurt about Beck and just cannot let it go. He's not a Dolphin since April. Time to move on, imo.

Again you have no "facts" to back up your claim. What you are doing is stating your opinions backed up by your own logic, which clearly picks and chooses only items that back up your feelings (while ignoring actual, verifiable "facts") and you present this hyperbol as a factual case.

As I already said I wish him the best, not every QB is cut out for every system. They looked at him for a long time, they decided to go another way. They did thier job.

You are butthurt, got it. Clinging to the past and childishly pontificating about your hurt feelings seems to be your job. Somebody has to do it. I'm just glad I'm not "that guy".

Well Done ! :thanks:for being "that guy".

The denial has reached epic proportions. So it was just a 3 week competition ? Really ? Stop and think for 2 seconds. If you do you "might" remember a little thing called OTA's, maybe ?

You have repeatedly talked about Sparano saying they were even. (Not sure this is even true since you have not linked it so we can see the date, though I'm sure it was even at some point).

Just because you say the competition was not long enough does not make it true, that is not a fact. It would help your credibility if you stopped lying about how things actually went down.

I know that there are OTAs etc that happened before camp. The 3 weeks I am talking about was training camp. You know when they put pads on actually started to put in the offense? And you do remember that Henne even came in late to that getting his contract done.

You are pretty clear in your denial of how things went down. When I say that the competition was over when Penny was signed, I am meaning that it was over BECAUSE he was signed.

I guess you missed that point.

And here is the link that quotes Sparano less than one week before Penny's signing saying that it was an even heat between the three.

Henne was actually listed as the 3rd team QB before that game. Beck started it.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/news/top_story.asp?contentID=5928

"(On the plan for the quarterbacks in the Tampa Bay preseason game) – “No, we haven’t discussed that yet to be honest with you. I’m not sure how that will go right now. We’ll sit down and talk about it as the week goes on and really identify who we want to get the most work right now. All three of them may play in this game, we might have two guys play in this game and two guys play in the next game. It just depends, really on what we think we get accomplished out here on the practice field this week.”

(On if Josh McCown is listed as the first team on the depth chart means anything) – “The quarterback race was done by seniority.”"

Are you saying he was lying?

Bottom line is this. Since they knew that Penny knew the offense and would be better off starting than any of the other 3, they named him the starter. But, they also went ahead and named Henne the backup even though contrary to what you keep claiming, he had NOT won the job as the starter as of just a few days earlier. Actually he was listed as third team.

You can claim all you want that he was named the backup because he was younger if you want. And maybe that was all it was. I think it was a BP call myself.

But, if it was just an age thing, that is a stupid reason IMO.

As we can see now, Beck is further along in his development than Henne even though Henne got all of those snaps last year and Beck didn't.

I think they needed to see what Beck AND Henne could do during the rest of the preseason games so they could be sure that Henne was actually going to be a better bet for the future.

They didn't. And now Miami might be stuck with a QB who can't stop staring down his receivers and isn't nearly as accurate as Beck anyway.

So, forgive me for thinking a 27 year old QB who can play quality QB for 10 years is better than a 22 year old who will make us draft another QB.

I'm not saying it will play out like that.

But, seeing how the two QBs played this preseason, it sure could happen.

What the hell is the use in arguing over something that has already happened? Like it or not, Beck is not on our roster anymore. He may be the best QB to ever play the game, and if he is that oh well. We made a decision. There is nothing we can do about it. Besides, it's not like it was the Steelers defense... it was ATL's lousy defense.

Take your Parcells god glasses off and go and watch Becks performance last night and judge for yourself. Parcells ego got in the way, and now we will pay for it for years ,henne is not the future.
He did? And you can prove it huh? Nope, you're talking out your ***. Common amongst you Beck apologists. Watch Becks performance in the final preseason game? Against the worst secondary in the league, while also playing vanilla? Yea let's take that performance and throw out all the horrific Beck performances :lol:.

He did? And you can prove it huh? Nope, you're talking out your ***. Common amongst you Beck apologists. Watch Becks performance in the final preseason game? Against the worst secondary in the league, while also playing vanilla? Yea let's take that performance and throw out all the horrific Beck performances :lol:.

Yeah, I guess poor performances by a QB during his rookie year are the most telling sign of what a QB will be in the future.

Signed,

Terry Bradshaw, Troy Aikman, Bob Griese, John Elway, Eli, Peyton, Brett Favre, Roger Staubach and Dan Fouts :rolleyes2:

Back
Top Bottom