Beck and 2nd string Ravens O drive 90 yards on Atlanta #1 D | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Beck and 2nd string Ravens O drive 90 yards on Atlanta #1 D

Coaching staff get's to see Beck every day in practice. They know much more about the game of football than you do. It's pretty obvious when someone just doesn't have it, and Beck doesn't have it.

The thing you don't seem to understand is Beck is a 28 year old, 2nd year player. If he was say a 22 year old 2nd year player, then maybe the coaching staff keeps him? But at 28, it's a total waste of time to try and develop him. If he was a 28 year old vet who's played a few years, perhaps the coaching staff keeps him?

What part of Parcells and NOT the coaching staff made that decision don't you understand?

And I would rather have 10 years from a quality QB than 15 years from a crappy one. So, until Miami had a QB of the future that had been proven to be better than Beck (Henne hasn't proved squat yet) I'd just as soon try to develop that second round pick instead of waste it.

Parcells not Sparano, decided to waste it.

And yes I will hold him accountable if Beck succeeds elsewhere.

And after his 108 passer rating showing poise, zip AND accuracy which none of our current QBs have, Beck is already on his way to doing just that.

Remember when Cam Cameron told the media "I want my players to go out there and fail"?

God.... he was such an idiot!

Geeez, you are reaching.

Cam never said it that way.

Anyway, failing at a thing IS a great teacher if you learn the lesson. If you missed that concept, that is your problem. The rest of us knew what he was talking about.

Everyone keeps talking about Atlanta's offense, but Atlanta's starting defense got clobbered against Baltimore's 2nd/3rd string offense in the first half of tonight's game.. And it was from John Beck at QB.. On the opening drive they had 91 yards on them for a TD, and more good drives on them in the 1st half early in the game with another TD.

http://life.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=3859433

^^ Look how much Atlanta fans are panicking regarding their sieve defense.

What do you say about that ?

Doesn't mean it will translate over to next Sunday. I hope we kick their ***

Yeah a QB should always show greatness his rookie year.

signed,

Elway, Aikman, Bradshaw, Griese, Favre, Eli, Peyton, Tom Brady, Young :crazy:

Just so you know, most if not all of those QBs struggled a lot during their rookie seasons....

EDIT: I just read your post again. Was your point that all of those great QBs struggled in their first seasons? If so, :oops:.......

The Lions went 4-0 during the preseason last year. I guess that meant they were a good team with a promising season ahead of them because of that stellar preseason performance.... ummm, what happened again?

Wake up dude, preseason CAN SOMETIMES be a useful evaluation tool, but more often than not PRESEASON DOESN'T MEAN SQUAT! If you're gonna beat a dead horse and argue all about 'poor, unfairly treated' Beck, at least present an argument worth making:up:

No one said that winning games is important in the preseason. YOU are the only one that mentioned that. But, you DID mention using it as an evaluation tool.

And having watched the throws Beck made and the results he got, Stevie Wonder can see that you can't honestly claim Beck "sucks" and simply doesn't have the tools to make it in the NFL as many on here have done.

Beck has finally received the chance to showcase his skills that he didn't receive in Miami. And all I'm saying is, he proved the guys claiming "he sucks" wrong with emphasis.

As I and others have said, he clearly has what it takes. It doesn't mean he WILL succeed in the NFL. But, anyone claiming he just won't has been proven to be among the clueless at this point.

And I'm happy for John that he did. He is a hard worker and a good kid with talent. Too bad we have too many fans who didn't want to see it.

Geeez, you are reaching.

Cam never said it that way.

Anyway, failing at a thing IS a great teacher if you learn the lesson. If you missed that concept, that is your problem. The rest of us knew what he was talking about.

reaching???? no, he didn't say it like that???? yeah because I love to come on the boards and just make $#!& up. Here's the link, genius. He did say it like that, and I did understand the message. It was stupid!!! Do you see Sparano telling them to fail? No, because if they suck butt they don't play for him. reaching. funny stuff.

http://video.aol.in/video-detail/cam-cameron-fail-forward-fast/216172828982567051

I saw some of the Ravens footage and Beck looked pretty good. On top of the TDs he presented several very catchable fast balls that were dropped. He also looks like he has beefed up.
It's all water under the bridge now, but he didn't get much of a chance in Miami and now it looks like he is a decent backup in Baltimore. One hopes that the 2nd round draft pick for Pat White returns a dividend.

Did a John Beck thread just go 6 pages? Come on, guys. We have less than a week !!!

Parcells, the one guy who always brings people in to compete and light a fire under people, got rid of Beck to eliminate competition? :lol: Keep going, I haven't had enough yet.

Take your Parcells god glasses off and go and watch Becks performance last night and judge for yourself. Parcells ego got in the way, and now we will pay for it for years ,henne is not the future.

... but he didn't get much of a chance in Miami
That is the single most often repeated lie in the whole Beck argument.

It's totally unfounded and while there is tons of evidence disputing it, I have yet to see anyone post a single item of evidence to suport it.

Not 1 quote from any player or coach (while there are plenty of statements about the equal competition between the 3 QB's before Penny), no evidence of fewer reps (with plenty of writers and Sparano statements that they were equal, no video evidence, nothing that can substanciate that Beck did not get a "chance".

I hope he does well and wish him the best (unless he starts a game against us) and here, in Miami, with this organization, he got an EQUAL "CHANCE" in a 3 way competition and came up short.

That is the single most often repeated lie in the whole Beck argument.

It's totally unfounded and while there is tons of evidence disputing it, I have yet to see anyone post a single item of evidence to suport it.

Not 1 quote from any player or coach (while there are plenty of statements about the equal competition between the 3 QB's before Penny), no evidence of fewer reps (with plenty of writers and Sparano statements that they were equal, no video evidence, nothing that can substanciate that Beck did not get a "chance".

I hope he does well and wish him the best (unless he starts a game against us) and here, in Miami, with this organization, he got an EQUAL "CHANCE" in a 3 way competition and came up short.

This "chance" you are speaking of came before the first preseason game. It came while the offense was being put in. And during this chance the quote from Sparano was that they were in a dead heat still with no separation before the pickup of Penny.

After Penny came on board, the competition was over.

Are you saying that competitions at ANY position let alone the hardest on the field should be decided in just 3 weeks of camp and preseason games should not be also used?

That idea is ridiculous.

Anyone with an open mind knows that Beck was railroaded with not much if any chance to prove himself on the field.

And as fans we could pay the price with a weaker team on the field as we watch our offense struggle to move the ball while Beck is lighting it up in Baltimore.

So no one is lying. You are simply ignoring the facts.

Back
Top Bottom