Beck and 2nd string Ravens O drive 90 yards on Atlanta #1 D | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Beck and 2nd string Ravens O drive 90 yards on Atlanta #1 D

Forget about Beck.

Let's talk about Atlanta's starting D playing against a 2nd/3rd string offense. And playing poorly.

like i said before. WC and two rookie DB's-one cb one S-so glad preseason is done!!!! Lets bring it on!!!!

And each of them showed they had something. Beck showed nothing. As bad a rookie season as you could possibly get. Hence why Parcells, who knows much more than you or I, got rid of him.

Revisionist history. Willfully ignorant.

How many other QB's in college had more rushing yards than White? None. How many other QB's in college won 4 bowl games? None. Beck has less talent in his whole body than White has in his foreskin... White hasn't looked very good under center, but has looked good when playing in shotgun. That'll take some time to get used too I'm sure. I was pissed about the White pick at 1st, simply because you had Sintim and Barwin still available. But I won't be so foolish to claim White a bust. And after seeing all the talent we have at OLB, I'm so mad anymore. Beck wasn't given a chance because he showed the people that mattered, he didn't deserve it. Plain and simple.

All those accolades mean what at the next level? How many former Heisman winning qb's falter at the next level? How many of those great Univ. Of Florida qb's and their stats end up translating to the NFL?
And unless MIA decides to be a pure shotgun team, like the ole run and shoot I don't see how only being good in shotgun means a darn thing at the next level.
Fact is MIA will have 2 2nd round picks starting the season on the sideline w/ a clipboard when MIA still has holes that need to be addressed.
Am I saying Beck should of stayed....NO. But that argument for White is worn out and hasn't translated a darn thing to the NFL.

Everyone keeps talking about Atlanta's offense, but Atlanta's starting defense got clobbered against Baltimore's 2nd/3rd string offense in the first half of tonight's game.. And it was from John Beck at QB.. On the opening drive they had 91 yards on them for a TD, and more good drives on them in the 1st half early in the game with another TD.

http://life.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=3859433

^^ Look how much Atlanta fans are panicking regarding their sieve defense.

What do you say about that ?

There is nothing, positive or negative, to take out of a final preseason game.

Beck is gone; I didn't think he got a fair deal and had more going for him although that was a definitely a minority opinion. :lol: What I do think is that on a game by game basis, and quality of competition basis, this preseason has shown that neither Beck nor Henne are developmentally as bad or good as many would have everyone believe. Be that as it may though, the fact remains that he's no longer a Fin so we should all just along.

I like that one guy who was like Miami will score 34 atleast woot woot.....if our guys play our game that many points mean they are rarely on the field.......i am not worried Sean Smith, Will Allen, and Vontae Davis will do well on their recievers and we will have to devote someone to Gonzalez to make sure he doesnt go off but then you have 8 to blitz and stuff turner and with the way our D got after it last night i like the way things look

Not to say Beck has any pocket presence.. to be be honest.. there was no pocket for the guy when he played here. Our Oline was awful!

I love how they have posters that tell their fans "go be a fan of another team"...LOL. I guess every team has those "enforcers".

Remember when Cam Cameron told the media "I want my players to go out there and fail"?

God.... he was such an idiot!

He only sucks in your mind.

Unfortunately for you, the game isn't played in your mind. And Beck's 108 QB rating for this preseason seems to indicate he doesn't suck like you believe.

How are you going to spin that I'd like to know?

The Lions went 4-0 during the preseason last year. I guess that meant they were a good team with a promising season ahead of them because of that stellar preseason performance.... ummm, what happened again?

Wake up dude, preseason CAN SOMETIMES be a useful evaluation tool, but more often than not PRESEASON DOESN'T MEAN SQUAT! If you're gonna beat a dead horse and argue all about 'poor, unfairly treated' Beck, at least present an argument worth making:up:

Everyone keeps talking about Atlanta's offense, but Atlanta's starting defense got clobbered against Baltimore's 2nd/3rd string offense in the first half of tonight's game.. And it was from John Beck at QB.. On the opening drive they had 91 yards on them for a TD, and more good drives on them in the 1st half early in the game with another TD.

http://life.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=3859433

^^ Look how much Atlanta fans are panicking regarding their sieve defense.

What do you say about that ?

BTW Greyboy, your thread was a good idea, but you should have known better:buds:Anytime the name Beck gets brought up on this board, you're bound to attrack at LEAST one or two people who will argue about Beck's treatment over and over until those disagreeing get tired of debating and quit, or the Beck lovefest sputters and craps out.

Either way, while I don't put a lot of stock into preseason, I do believe that Atlanta's defense will be their downfall this year. Given the level of talent found on that side of the ball, it looks the offense will have to carry that team throughout the season. Another poster in here made a pretty good comparison to some of Marino's years where Miami had an awesome offense, but couldn't stop anybody when the ball changed hands. Hopefully Atlanta's defensive woes continue and Miami is able to capitalize in Week One:hi5:

Would sure be nice to have a SOLB prospect with that Pat White pick . . . not for nothing, I like Pat . . but a top 12 2nd round pick? I dunno about that one. Sintim, Barwin, Kruger, Cody Brown and Michael Johnson sure look enticing . . . and Beck as a 3rd stringer I didn't have a problem with at all.

And Beck clearly didn't have a chance here.
I hated the p. white pick, and he has show nothing to impress other than looking like a smurf !

The Lions went 4-0 during the preseason last year. I guess that meant they were a good team with a promising season ahead of them because of that stellar preseason performance.... ummm, what happened again?

Wake up dude, preseason CAN SOMETIMES be a useful evaluation tool, but more often than not PRESEASON DOESN'T MEAN SQUAT! If you're gonna beat a dead horse and argue all about 'poor, unfairly treated' Beck, at least present an argument worth making:up:
Not for a few bounces and the Lions would have made the Play offs

Back
Top Bottom